Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 194 of 260 FirstFirst ... 94144184192193194195196204244 ... LastLast
Results 2,896 to 2,910 of 3892
  1. #2896
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    33,316
    Toronto just got Brantley Jr with Springer. Damn their offense is getting scary. And they still have about 50M to spend so Bauer isn't out of the question. Also they're apparently in play for Hand too.

  2. #2897
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,713
    Quote Originally Posted by kyubi256 View Post
    Toronto just got Brantley Jr with Springer. Damn their offense is getting scary. And they still have about 50M to spend so Bauer isn't out of the question. Also they're apparently in play for Hand too.
    Probably a good thing they are in the AL East. The Yankees will have a hard time with them.

  3. #2898
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,713
    So far, we've kept the big FAs out of the other teams in the NL East.

  4. #2899
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    NEPA
    Posts
    3,201
    Quote Originally Posted by kyubi256 View Post
    Toronto just got Brantley Jr with Springer. Damn their offense is getting scary. And they still have about 50M to spend so Bauer isn't out of the question. Also they're apparently in play for Hand too.
    Wait, wait, wait. Do you mean Jackie Bradley Jr? Or Michael Brantley? Because neither went to the Blue Jays as far as I can see. I am confused.
    Last edited by wdwyer; 01-21-2021 at 02:25 PM.

  5. #2900
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    52,368
    Quote Originally Posted by wdwyer View Post
    Wait, wait, wait. Do you mean Jackie Bradley Jr? Or Michael Brantley? Because neither went to the Blue Jays as far as I can see. I am confused.
    Ken Rosenthal misreported that information yesterday. Instead of being thorough, he reported that the Jays signed him when in fact the Astros did. Maybe they should report the correct information instead of trying to be first.


    "You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

  6. #2901
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Boogie Down
    Posts
    107,364
    Yanks get Taillon.

  7. #2902
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    33,316
    Amazing talent but feel in their rotation this is just so risky. They have one guy they know will be good and 3 hit or miss guys

  8. #2903
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    NEPA
    Posts
    3,201
    How do you not only miss out on Brad Hand...but allow a Division rival to sign him to a 1 yr deal?

    https://twitter.com/barrysvrluga/sta...ear-10-5m-deal
    Last edited by wdwyer; 01-25-2021 at 09:56 AM.

  9. #2904
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    52,368
    Quote Originally Posted by wdwyer View Post
    How do you not only miss out on Brad Hand...but allow a Division rival to sign him to a 1 yr deal?

    https://twitter.com/barrysvrluga/sta...ear-10-5m-deal
    Who cares. His velocity is down. There are other relievers that the Mets should be targeting.


    "You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

  10. #2905
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    NEPA
    Posts
    3,201
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    Who cares. His velocity is down. There are other relievers that the Mets should be targeting.
    Yeah I started reading that too. However, funny how it really only becomes prominent only after he signs somewhere else. I never said he was the end all be all. But it's hard to argue against his numbers for one year. It's losing him to a Division rival that irks me.
    Last edited by wdwyer; 01-25-2021 at 10:12 AM.

  11. #2906
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    52,368
    Quote Originally Posted by wdwyer View Post
    Yeah I started reading that too. However, funny how it really only becomes prominent only after he signs somewhere else. I never said he was the end all be all. But it's hard to argue against his numbers for one year. It's losing him to a Division rival that irks me.
    Not really, Hendricks is the one I am bummed about. Colme. Jeffress or Clippard are three I would consider. McGee is another name.


    "You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

  12. #2907
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Boogie Down
    Posts
    107,364
    Yanks trade Ottavino to free up money to make other moves.

  13. #2908
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    33,316
    And yet we didn't jump on Ottavino. Seriously what are we doing? You would assume they rather deal him to the Mets than the Red Sox

  14. #2909
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    52,368
    It was the 1st time since the 1930's that the Red Sox and the Yankees completed a trade in the winter.


    "You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

  15. #2910
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Posts
    48
    https://twitter.com/JonHeyman/status...75872373886998

    Doesn't mean its final, but not looking great as far as the DH in the NL this year, which obviously hurts this team tremendously.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •