Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 194 of 260 FirstFirst ... 94144184192193194195196204244 ... LastLast
Results 2,896 to 2,910 of 3892
    Toronto just got Brantley Jr with Springer. Damn their offense is getting scary. And they still have about 50M to spend so Bauer isn't out of the question. Also they're apparently in play for Hand too.

Quote Originally Posted by kyubi256 View Post
    Toronto just got Brantley Jr with Springer. Damn their offense is getting scary. And they still have about 50M to spend so Bauer isn't out of the question. Also they're apparently in play for Hand too.
    Probably a good thing they are in the AL East. The Yankees will have a hard time with them.

So far, we've kept the big FAs out of the other teams in the NL East.

Quote Originally Posted by kyubi256 View Post
    Wait, wait, wait. Do you mean Jackie Bradley Jr? Or Michael Brantley? Because neither went to the Blue Jays as far as I can see. I am confused.
    Last edited by wdwyer; 01-21-2021 at 02:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wdwyer View Post
    Wait, wait, wait. Do you mean Jackie Bradley Jr? Or Michael Brantley? Because neither went to the Blue Jays as far as I can see. I am confused.
    Ken Rosenthal misreported that information yesterday. Instead of being thorough, he reported that the Jays signed him when in fact the Astros did. Maybe they should report the correct information instead of trying to be first.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Yanks get Taillon.

Amazing talent but feel in their rotation this is just so risky. They have one guy they know will be good and 3 hit or miss guys

How do you not only miss out on Brad Hand...but allow a Division rival to sign him to a 1 yr deal?

https://twitter.com/barrysvrluga/sta...ear-10-5m-deal
    Last edited by wdwyer; 01-25-2021 at 09:56 AM.

How do you not only miss out on Brad Hand...but allow a Division rival to sign him to a 1 yr deal?

https://twitter.com/barrysvrluga/sta...ear-10-5m-deal
    Who cares. His velocity is down. There are other relievers that the Mets should be targeting.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    Who cares. His velocity is down. There are other relievers that the Mets should be targeting.
    Yeah I started reading that too. However, funny how it really only becomes prominent only after he signs somewhere else. I never said he was the end all be all. But it's hard to argue against his numbers for one year. It's losing him to a Division rival that irks me.
    Last edited by wdwyer; 01-25-2021 at 10:12 AM.

Yeah I started reading that too. However, funny how it really only becomes prominent only after he signs somewhere else. I never said he was the end all be all. But it's hard to argue against his numbers for one year. It's losing him to a Division rival that irks me.
    Not really, Hendricks is the one I am bummed about. Colme. Jeffress or Clippard are three I would consider. McGee is another name.

Yanks trade Ottavino to free up money to make other moves.

And yet we didn't jump on Ottavino. Seriously what are we doing? You would assume they rather deal him to the Mets than the Red Sox

It was the 1st time since the 1930's that the Red Sox and the Yankees completed a trade in the winter.

https://twitter.com/JonHeyman/status...75872373886998

Doesn't mean its final, but not looking great as far as the DH in the NL this year, which obviously hurts this team tremendously.