Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 144 of 260 FirstFirst ... 4494134142143144145146154194244 ... LastLast
Results 2,146 to 2,160 of 3894
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    I don't. I think you and some other fans do. Then there are people who constantly point to the Diaz/Cano trade and everything that the Mets did right was the doing of someone else. I never got on Alderson because I understood that he was handicapped by a bad owner. This isn't much different. The Mets financial circumstances don't get significantly better until Cohen takes primary ownership.
    Iím not gonna lie I hated the Cano/Diaz trade then and hate even more now. I had a similar reaction when we traded Kazmir for Victor Zambrano. I canít blame fans for still getting upset. It made zero sense and it hamstrung is financially and hurt our farm system. Alderson whether you like him or not produced Alonso, McNeil, and Rosario who are the three main position player pieces we have for years to come so he deserves props. Iíve been very open about Aldersonís bad moves as well. The issue I have comes down to experience. Brodie literally went from being a sports agent to a GM which I didnít like. If he had at least spent a few years in the FO learning I probably would have felt better about it. I guess the one thing I have faith in him is the draft. The first draft was aggressive and smart. If he has a similar 2020 draft I will give him praise for that as well. It simply comes down to results

Treinen to dodgers for 1 year 10 million.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGamer81 View Post
    There are at least two teams ahead of us, on paper, in the division. Phils are going to be really good now that they have a competent manager. We'll see what happens with the Nats, but the Braves obviously are the team to beat. And those teams are making moves to improve their roster while we're still waiting for the scraps to fall off the table. And if you'll notice now that this is shaping up to be a players' market, Brodie has already shifted his message to "Our offseason started in July." The spin now is that we've already sufficiently upgraded our team. Jake Marisnick is being touted as a huge upgrade in CF.

A good bullpen is the top priority, and with it we could be a WC competitor, but we've already let a few pieces come off the board. We're not going to get the piece we need, because Fred is still broke.
    I chuckled when I heard that

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    Am I just being positive? Or realistic?

I already compared the Braves to the Mets in my post above, so now itís time for the Nats. I understand the Nats just won the WS, but they didnít look that special for a good portion of the year and the Mets beat the crap out of them in 2019 (12-7 vs. the Nats, +13 run differential)

It looks like they are losing their best everyday player in Rendon who was a 7-win player in 2019. All they did was re-sign Strasburg who definitely helps but he was already there. They look weaker than the Mets on paper IMO.

C-Suzuki/Gomes vs. Ramos/Nido (edge Nats)
    1B-Kendrick vs. Alonso (edge Mets)
    2B-Vacant vs. Cano (edge Mets)
    SS-Turner vs. Rosario (edge Nats)
    3B-Vacant vs. McNeil (edge Mets)
    LF-Soto vs. Davis (edge Nats)
    CF-Robles vs. Nimmo/Marisnick (edge Mets)
    RF-Eaton vs. Conforto (edge Mets)

Every position looks close for the Mets with exception to LF (though JD isnít chopped liver ó hopefully can improve on D)

SP-Scherzer vs. deGrom (edge Mets)
    SP-Strasburg vs. Syndergaard (edge Nats)
    SP-Corbin vs. Stroman (edge Nats)
    SP-Sanchez vs. Matz (edge Nats)
    SP-Ross vs. Unknown (edge Nats)

The bullpen is about the same.

Talk to me when the Nats re-sign Rendon or are able to replace him with someone like Donaldson at 3B. But right now the Mets and Nats are very comparable teams.

Iím not worried about the Phillies. None of the moves they made concern me in the slightest. Looking forward to teeing off Wheeler in Citizenís Bank Park.
    Iíll take the Nats 2nd base situation in a heartbeat

Quote Originally Posted by mookiewilson View Post
    Our farm system has gone off the grid.
    Itíll be top notch in a few years if BVW doesnít trade them away.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry M View Post
    Itíll be top notch in a few years if BVW doesnít trade them away.
    Mauricio, Alvarez,Allan, Baty, and Wolf is basically the hope of our farm currently. After last years fire sale of our top prospects we need to keep these kids. The one thing Brodie actually looked competent at was the draft. He needs another strong draft and needs to find another Matthew Allan gem in next years draft

I disagree that it was a mistake to not trade Wheeler. The offers werenít up to par with what Brodie was looking for and we were going for it in the 2nd half (fell just short). We drafted Matthew Allan last year with a similar pick that weíre getting for Wheeler so Iíd rather have that than some mediocre prospect.
    We got lucky with Allan, but I agree with not trading Wheeler.
    Wheeler cashed in, I have no problem with it. If he had gotten 5/90-100 and Mets countered something reasonable, I do believe heíd be a Met

Quote Originally Posted by Larry M View Post
    We got lucky with Allan, but I agree with not trading Wheeler.
    Wheeler cashed in, I have no problem with it. If he had gotten 5/90-100 and Mets countered something reasonable, I do believe heíd be a Met
    Yeah that's the sucky part. The Mets had opportunities to extend him but they were never going to pay deGrom, Wheeler and Syndergaard 100 million dollars each. I think they were worried about his health which I understand but it might have been even less had they extended him midway through 2018.

Am I just being positive? Or realistic?

I already compared the Braves to the Mets in my post above, so now itís time for the Nats. I understand the Nats just won the WS, but they didnít look that special for a good portion of the year and the Mets beat the crap out of them in 2019 (12-7 vs. the Nats, +13 run differential)

It looks like they are losing their best everyday player in Rendon who was a 7-win player in 2019. All they did was re-sign Strasburg who definitely helps but he was already there. They look weaker than the Mets on paper IMO.

C-Suzuki/Gomes vs. Ramos/Nido (edge Nats)
    1B-Kendrick vs. Alonso (edge Mets)
    2B-Vacant vs. Cano (edge Mets)
    SS-Turner vs. Rosario (edge Nats)
    3B-Vacant vs. McNeil (edge Mets)
    LF-Soto vs. Davis (edge Nats)
    CF-Robles vs. Nimmo/Marisnick (edge Mets)
    RF-Eaton vs. Conforto (edge Mets)

Every position looks close for the Mets with exception to LF (though JD isnít chopped liver ó hopefully can improve on D)

SP-Scherzer vs. deGrom (edge Mets)
    SP-Strasburg vs. Syndergaard (edge Nats)
    SP-Corbin vs. Stroman (edge Nats)
    SP-Sanchez vs. Matz (edge Nats)
    SP-Ross vs. Unknown (edge Nats)

The bullpen is about the same.

Talk to me when the Nats re-sign Rendon or are able to replace him with someone like Donaldson at 3B. But right now the Mets and Nats are very comparable teams.

Iím not worried about the Phillies. None of the moves they made concern me in the slightest. Looking forward to teeing off Wheeler in Citizenís Bank Park.
    I'd take the guys they play at 2B over Cano, and Nimmo/Marisnick over Robles? Hell no... Dude is still on the up and I'd take Robles in a heartbeat over Nimmo no doubt about it.

Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post
    I'd take the guys they play at 2B over Cano, and Nimmo/Marisnick over Robles? Hell no... Dude is still on the up and I'd take Robles in a heartbeat over Nimmo no doubt about it.
    Robles fits our roster better, but Nimmo/Marisnick is still a more productive combo in CF. Robles isnít good offensively yet whereas Nimmo can be excellent (see 2018 and when healthy in 2019).

Robles fits our roster better, but Nimmo/Marisnick is still a more productive combo in CF. Robles isnít good offensively yet whereas Nimmo can be excellent (see 2018 and when healthy in 2019).
    Dude come on. Iím as big of Nimmo fan as anyone but Robles get the nod. The fact that you are putting Marisnick in this debate does make me laugh after a tough day so I thank you for that lol

All Things NL East & Around Baseball

Quote Originally Posted by JCrusher View Post
    Dude come on. Iím as big of Nimmo fan as anyone but Robles get the nod. The fact that you are putting Marisnick in this debate does make me laugh after a tough day so I thank you for that lol
    He gets the nod based on what? Potential?

That Robles 91 wRC+ must get you real excited.

Nimmo posted 148 wRC+ in 2018 and has a career 130 wRC+. Even if heís not a great defensive CF, heís not horrible and the bat certainly plays there.

Nimmo/Marisnick is an easy 4-5 win combo.

Quote Originally Posted by ImTheKing30 View Post
    Well you literally said "He is a failure as a GM right now" a few posts up maybe you didn't mean that but not sure how else I should have taken that.

As far as Lowrie goes, when he was signed the vast majority of posters here liked the signing, and a few loved it, one or two were on the fence but not totally against it (I recall some preferring to spend it on another RP). A guy who could play all over the infield and give days off to guys while also being a plus contributor. If you disliked it at the time, I didn;t see it. It's easy to sit here now and say it was a bad signing because no **** he didn't play all year, but nobody was saying that last off season.

Why would you think it was a bad signing to begin with? He was a great fit on paper in the off season;.
    My problem with the signing back then was that everyone called him a 3B which he had pretty limited experience at. He was another 2B added to a position we didnít need to address in the first place because we had McNeil.

I like the player and heís good depth, but heís not a 3B and we didnít need him

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Treinen to dodgers for 1 year 10 million.
    Thatís fine, not worth the risk. Dodgers can afford a $10M mistake, we canít

He gets the nod based on what? Potential?

That Robles 91 wRC+ must get you real excited.

Nimmo posted 148 wRC+ in 2018 and has a career 130 wRC+. Even if heís not a great defensive CF, heís not horrible and the bat certainly plays there.

Nimmo/Marisnick is an easy 4-5 win combo.
    Take a breath dude lol. Like I said Iím a huge fan of Nimmo. I feel itís very close between them but Iím just going by Nimmoís injury too. If Nimmo is healthy which I hope he is I might feel different. But not everything is pro met. If it was we would be a playoff team lol
    Last edited by JCrusher; 12-11-2019 at 09:26 PM.