Interesting

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by kyubi256 View Post
    https://twitter.com/JonHeyman/status...230978577?s=19

Interesting

He ain’t getting that much

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumé

Deesha
    @DeeshaThosar

·
    4h
    There’s a freeze warning and some intense blizzard-like snow in Chicago with temperatures dipping to the 20s. The snow is supposed to clear out by first pitch, but Taijuan Walker and Jake Arrieta will be pitching in Cold face weather if this Mets-Cubs series opener goes as planned.

Awesome!

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    Deesha
    @DeeshaThosar

·
    4h
    There’s a freeze warning and some intense blizzard-like snow in Chicago with temperatures dipping to the 20s. The snow is supposed to clear out by first pitch, but Taijuan Walker and Jake Arrieta will be pitching in Cold face weather if this Mets-Cubs series opener goes as planned.

Awesome!
    This team can’t catch a break.

I hate April baseball.

If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumé

Is supposed to rain a quarter inch on Saturday too.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Is supposed to rain a quarter inch on Saturday too.
    Is that a lot? Doesn’t sound like it is.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    Is that a lot? Doesn’t sound like it is.
    I'm no meteorologist, but I think when they say 1/4 inch they mean that the average amount over the entire area is that much rain, which to me sounds like a lot.

Any weather men around?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

DeGrom being pushed back to Friday. Initially was supposed to go Thursday.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Tatis takes Bauer deep and mocks him by covering his eye around the bases.

He takes him deep again and mocks him by intimating Bauer’s imitation of the McGregor strut

Who’s your daddy? ****

Bauer's overrated.

I mean he is a very good pitcher but not worth what he is getting.

Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    Tatis takes Bauer deep and mocks him by covering his eye around the bases.

He takes him deep again and mocks him by intimating Bauer’s imitation of the McGregor strut

Who’s your daddy? ****

Bauer still won

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    I mean he is a very good pitcher but not worth what he is getting.
    I agree to an extent. I think people oftentimes mistaken the differences between long and short term contracts and $ per WAR.

A player on a shorter deal is obviously going to get a higher AAV than someone on a longer term deal. It’s like comparing Cole to Bauer, essentially. Cole is by far the better pitcher, so he’s going to see more money but Bauer isn’t a slouch either. I can see him easily putting up between 12-20 fWAR over the 3 years that he’s there, where as Cole will probably put up 16-24ish, higher ceiling, higher floor but the long term security causes him to make less than Bauer over the next few years.

I’d like to see an formula and analytical breakdown as to how $ per WAR changes the more years that are added onto a contract.

It’s like, would you rather have Harper for 13 years or Bauer for 3? Harper’s getting paid 3x as much but also has an “extra 4 years” tacked on at the end. Bauer’s gambling on himself and while I don’t think he’ll provide a ton of surplus value, I think he’ll end up putting up enough value that the Dodgers deem is worth the price tag. If you use the 8MM per war valuation, he’s likely paid fair relative to his predicted production. I think he can end the season with a 5-6 fWAR for instance.

Free agency is changing, I want to see less 10+ year deals and more 3-5 deals with higher AAVs, I think other teams would too. It’d be cool to have a superstar journeyman, kind of like in basketball or soccer.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGamer81 View Post
    Bauer's overrated.
    No one is complaining about that deal as we speak. Bauer is pitching like a TORP and the Dodgers are the best team in baseball at the moment.

I wouldn't say Bauer has been overrated or disappointing this year... 0.656 WHIP and 2.53 ERA... His RA9 is under 3. Looks like an ace