Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 148 of 165 FirstFirst ... 4898138146147148149150158 ... LastLast
Results 2,206 to 2,220 of 2473
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    392 major league innings is a ton of mileage? Not even close. The only reason why a 1 year deal is out there is because he was injured last year, otherwise he would have made 40 to 50 million dollars in FA. Do you guys realize how dominant this guy has been?

The Mets should be signing him tomorrow. Again, dude, I've never seen you advocate that the Mets should acquire anyone in FA. You seem to bad mouth every deal I see you comment on.
    Zack Britton was the dominant for a few years then he had arm and achillies injuries and now he's ok.
    Don't sign damaged goods, you dont think its alarming the Yanks dont even want him for 1 season

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit999 View Post
    That not true, I'm fine with FA, just not Betances coming off a whole year of injuries.
    He's not healthy, and nobody injured comes to the Mets and gets better
    You **** on all these FA. I hate to break it to you but there are no perfect acquisitions. That's a crappy narrative btw. Betances is going to be very good next year and the Mets are going to lose out because they think they can fix their bullpen internally, through journeymen, or through ST invites.

Zack Britton was the dominant for a few years then he had arm and achillies injuries and now he's ok.
    Don't sign damaged goods, you dont think its alarming the Yanks dont even want him for 1 season
    Of course it is. That said, the Mets don't really have a choice. They've signed basically no one and are relying on bounce-back seasons from guys who probably aren't going to bounce back. And the rotation is weaker now. If it were a multi-year deal I'd be with you, but we can't really afford not to pursue him.

You **** on all these FA. I hate to break it to you but there are no perfect acquisitions. That's a crappy narrative btw. Betances is going to be very good next year and the Mets are going to lose out because they think they can fix their bullpen internally, through journeymen, or through ST invites.
    Or he may end up like David Robertson, we shall see.
    If they were gonna spend 10 mil for 1 year Id rather have signed Treinen

Id see what it would take to get Hand if Cleveland is going to break it down

Or he may end up like David Robertson, we shall see.
    If they were gonna spend 10 mil for 1 year Id rather have signed Treinen
    Betances is a better RP than both of those guys. Its a one year deal. I don't understand why so many people are up in arms about a 1 year deal. Unless you think you can fleece the Indians like the Rangers did, no way. He's going to cost a small fortune in trade because of how team friendly his deal is.

392 major league innings is a ton of mileage? Not even close. The only reason why a 1 year deal is out there is because he was injured last year, otherwise he would have made 40 to 50 million dollars in FA. Do you guys realize how dominant this guy has been?

The Mets should be signing him tomorrow. Again, dude, I've never seen you advocate that the Mets should acquire anyone in FA. You seem to bad mouth every deal I see you comment on.
    Pedro Feliciano only had 383 innings and was shot. Each arm has only so many bullets, when it goes it goes.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    Pedro Feliciano only had 383 innings and was shot. Each arm has only so many bullets, when it goes it goes.
    Silly to debate this because obviously every player is different, but Pedro was more of a situational pitcher where he pitched to 1-2 batters and likely got up 130+ times to warm up to appear in 90 games to pitch 60 innings

Quote Originally Posted by Larry M View Post
    Silly to debate this because obviously every player is different, but Pedro was more of a situational pitcher where he pitched to 1-2 batters and likely got up 130+ times to warm up to appear in 90 games to pitch 60 innings
    That's my point Larry. Comparing relievers innings doesn't factor the entire breathe of their work.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

That's my point Larry. Comparing relievers innings doesn't factor the entire breathe of their work.
    Breathe in. Breathe out. This crappy year is almost over. The way ole FoC sees it, 2020 HAS to be better.
    "Ain't got the call no more. Got a lot of sinful idears but they seem kinda sensible...."

But his point is its silly to compare the two because every pitcher/player is different. If I was a betting man, I'd put money on Betances being a dominant arm in 2020 and probably for a division/league competitor for the playoffs. The Mets are going to begrudge not signing him imo.
    Last edited by metswon69; 12-18-2019 at 12:38 PM.

Exactly. Its a mixed bag. Alderson had his fair share of bad moves. At the end of the day, the Mets are not able to shop in the best stores because of a ownership cluster**** and you're not going to hit on 2nd and 3rd tier FA all the time. He doesn't get credit for the draft picks, he doesn't get the credit for signing deGrom last offseason, etc but pitchforks everywhere for Cano and Diaz.

Fair is fair. He doesn't get a pass for the bad moves and misallocation of funds but not every good thing the Mets did was done independent of Brodie.
    Overall it was a bad offseason last year

We should be all over Betances. Its a numbers game. Between him, Diaz, Lugo, Familia... you hope at least 2 are reliable all year.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrigheyes4MVP View Post
    Overall it was a bad offseason last year
    Yeah magnified by one really bad deal. Lowrie didn't help either but its difficult to forecast injury. All I'm saying is even Alderson had mixed results and it was confounded by poor ownership. This isn't that much different. Brodie has more chances to screw up though because he's made a lot more moves than Alderson did through the first 2 years of his tenure. Heck, Brodie made more moves than Alderson in 5 or 6 years.
    Last edited by metswon69; 12-18-2019 at 08:56 PM.

Metsblog is making it sound like the original reports of it being only the Mets and Yankees interested are correct, and Betances has gonea round trying to drum up offers as leverage since the Yankees dropped out.