Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 196 of 202 FirstFirst ... 96146186194195196197198 ... LastLast
Results 2,926 to 2,940 of 3026
    Quote Originally Posted by kyubi256 View Post
    Oh I think it will work better than the last time we made a trade like this. But that's also cause we shouldn't be giving up a top 20 MLB prospect here.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
    Kelenic would be the Mets starting CF sometime this year, and Mets fans want to get out of the Cano contract.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Realmuto stays with Philly for 5/115

Not gonna lie, I would've liked that price for the Mets. Although I also would not want to wait this long for a catcher so I'm fine with McCann

Not gonna lie, I would've liked that price for the Mets. Although I also would not want to wait this long for a catcher so I'm fine with McCann
    I would have been fine with the wait, but I don't have any reason to believe he would have chosen the Mets if the money was comparable.

The McCann deal was bad the day it was signed and it looks even worse now.

Mets botched this, they should’ve been all in on Realmuto as opposed to Springer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumé

And if the Mets missed both then what is plan C?

Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    The McCann deal was bad the day it was signed and it looks even worse now.

Mets botched this, they should’ve been all in on Realmuto as opposed to Springer.

Don't see how the McCann deal is bad. Dude was a 4 WAR catcher in 2019, would have been on pace for that in 2020 had he played a full season. Maybe the 4th year is a turn off but he should be solid for us. They're only paying 10 million a season.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Don't see how the McCann deal is bad. Dude was a 4 WAR catcher in 2019, would have been on pace for that in 2020 had he played a full season. Maybe the 4th year is a turn off but he should be solid for us. They're only paying 10 million a season.
    Agreed. McCann is trending in the right direction at a fraction of the cost. Also, one the Mets best prospects is a C.

I would have loved for the Mets to get JT at the deal he signed for. However, I have no reason to believe that he would have signed that deal with the Mets over the Phils and I wouldn't want the Mets to spend much more in money or years.

Nido and Jason Castro tandem, hypothetically.

Which probably equals what McCann will do.

If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumé

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    He had one really good half followed by an abysmal second half. Then last season, he has a good 200 PA...in arguably the worst division in baseball.

I don’t see him producing more than a 90 wRC+ and 1 WAR...he’ll likely finish his contract being worth roughly what he was paid. Realmuto is a significantly better player and is going to provide surplus value at the end of it all.

What’re your projections for him? I can reasonably see a .240/.300/.400 slash line from him. Nothing to get excited over.

Nido and Jason Castro tandem, hypothetically.

Which probably equals what McCann will do.

You’re gonna like McCann. He reminds me of Byrd/Turner with how he’s changed his approach.

He had one really good half followed by an abysmal second half. Then last season, he has a good 200 PA...in arguably the worst division in baseball.

I don’t see him producing more than a 90 wRC+ and 1 WAR...he’ll likely finish his contract being worth roughly what he was paid. Realmuto is a significantly better player and is going to provide surplus value at the end of it all.

What’re your projections for him? I can reasonably see a .240/.300/.400 slash line from him. Nothing to get excited over.

McCann had 1 bad month in 2019. wRC+ by month:

March/April: 150
    May: 136
    June: 127
    July: 34
    August: 113
    September 102

Then he mashed in 31 games this season to dispels worries that he got figured out. He’s a low-milage catcher too.

Quote Originally Posted by RGB92 View Post
    https://twitter.com/JonHeyman/status...75872373886998

Doesn't mean its final, but not looking great as far as the DH in the NL this year, which obviously hurts this team tremendously.
    I still think it is posturing and we will see a universal DH this year.

Unfortunately this.

https://www.nj.com/yankees/2021/01/m...mIZx6H408OdUS0