Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 243 of 260 FirstFirst ... 143193233241242243244245253 ... LastLast
Results 3,631 to 3,645 of 3892
  1. #3631
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    41,415
    https://twitter.com/theaceofspaeder/...92300276355073

    If all of this true, shame on MLB for doing nothing. They'll suspend pitchers for using foreign substances but did nothing about the Astros and won't do anything here. That allegation of the 2015 Royals using a video department next to their dugout really sucks.
    Last edited by metswon69; 06-16-2021 at 01:59 PM.

  2. #3632
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    60ft 6in away
    Posts
    14,442
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    https://twitter.com/theaceofspaeder/...92300276355073

    If all of this true, shame on MLB for doing nothing. They'll suspend pitchers for using foreign substances but did nothing about the Astros and won't do anything here. That allegation of the 2015 Royals using a video department next to their dugout really sucks.
    Ooof. And that REALLY hits home if the Royals accusations are true. ****.

  3. #3633
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    41,415
    https://mobile.twitter.com/Louisvill...87242090295297

    Hunter Greene could be the next deGrom but I doubt he escapes the knife before it happens. 104 mph is ****ing insane.

  4. #3634
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    52,296
    Michael Mayer@mikemayer22

    Zack Wheeler ranks among all major league pitchers:

    1st - 4.4 bWAR
    2nd - 3.4 fWAR

    Brodie...blah...blah...blah


    "You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

  5. #3635
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn New York
    Posts
    23,270
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    https://mobile.twitter.com/Louisvill...87242090295297

    Hunter Greene could be the next deGrom but I doubt he escapes the knife before it happens. 104 mph is ****ing insane.
    Well, heís gotta have 3 elite secondary pitches, a repeatable delivery, and perfect release point for said pitches, first

    Oh, he also has to be godly with the bat.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumť

  6. #3636
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn New York
    Posts
    23,270
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    Michael Mayer@mikemayer22

    Zack Wheeler ranks among all major league pitchers:

    1st - 4.4 bWAR
    2nd - 3.4 fWAR

    Brodie...blah...blah...blah
    We can go in circles about whether to blame BVW or Wilpon but I still think it was 100% a Wilpon decision but Brodie made some dumbass comments that should have never been made, or at least rephrased.

    If weíre being real though, most Mets fans wouldíve looked at that deal and said the Mets were insane and didnít need him, maybe not you and I but, a lot of people would.

    Iím gonna have to do some digging to see what everybodyís positions were on Wheeler lmao.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumť

  7. #3637
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    52,296
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    We can go in circles about whether to blame BVW or Wilpon but I still think it was 100% a Wilpon decision but Brodie made some dumbass comments that should have never been made, or at least rephrased.

    If weíre being real though, most Mets fans wouldíve looked at that deal and said the Mets were insane and didnít need him, maybe not you and I but, a lot of people would.

    Iím gonna have to do some digging to see what everybodyís positions were on Wheeler lmao.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That's the difference between us and the less educated fan, they are, in fact, less educated.

    You should look up the 2010 draft thread and read about deGrom. It's quite funny.


    "You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

  8. #3638
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    41,415
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    Well, heís gotta have 3 elite secondary pitches, a repeatable delivery, and perfect release point for said pitches, first

    Oh, he also has to be godly with the bat.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The thing with deGrom is that he essentially dominates with 2 pitches most of the time. He has that changeup and curveball at his disposal but he never uses the curveball anymore. Not saying it will happen but he might be the only other guy in baseball right now who can throw 100mph with that consistency as a SP. He's killing it at AAA right now.
    Last edited by metswon69; 06-18-2021 at 01:43 PM.

  9. #3639
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn New York
    Posts
    23,270
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    That's the difference between us and the less educated fan, they are, in fact, less educated.

    You should look up the 2010 draft thread and read about deGrom. It's quite funny.
    I think Mets fans on average arenít very bright, tbh.

    I didnít really pay much attention to prospects until guys like Harvey were drafted.

    I remember Stuna being the first person to say how much he liked deGrom, I was a believer in him once he won ROY but I never ever ever expected him to be as good as he is.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumť

  10. #3640
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn New York
    Posts
    23,270
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    The thing with deGrom is that he essentially dominates with 2 pitches most of the time. He has that changeup and curveball at his disposal but he never uses the curveball anymore. Not saying it will happen but he might be the only other guy in baseball right now who can throw 100mph with that consistency as a SP. He's killing it at AAA right now.
    Itís funny because Hefner even said that he has one of the best curveballs in baseball.

    He essentially pitches like a reliever who goes deep into games, itís pretty mind boggling. I think he would be even better if he utilized the curve a little more often. ****, get it sitting at 5% and hitters will probably just start crying at the plate.

    Ohtani can throw 100 consistently but heís not as effective when doing it. Greene was a #1 prospect for a reason, heís just going through the typical humps. If you told me that he would be like a younger deGrom, I wouldnít be surprised. Itís at least somewhat more expected of him then it ever was deGrom lol.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumť

  11. #3641
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    41,415
    https://twitter.com/AnthonyDiComo/st...31997278040066

    Stop swinging the bat if that's the case.

  12. #3642
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    73,426

    All Things NL East & Around Baseball

    Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    That's the difference between us and the less educated fan, they are, in fact, less educated.

    You should look up the 2010 draft thread and read about deGrom. It's quite funny.
    Iím not less educated than you, stop it lol.

    I donít think you predicted this breakout from Wheeler happening. He never pitched this well as a Met period. Otherwise the Mets might have actually had to bite the bullet and pay him to save face.

    Phillies took a gamble and itís paying off handsomely for them. Good for them. Iím very happy with Walker and Stroman right now and we still have Syndergaard. We have one of the best staffs in MLB.
    Last edited by YoungStuna; 06-18-2021 at 09:00 PM.

  13. #3643
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    13,900
    Whining about the pitching staff doesnít make a ton of sense when we have the best ERA in the NL and the second worst lineup in the NL. Whine about the hitting.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  14. #3644
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Boogie Down
    Posts
    107,301
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    Iím not less educated than you, stop it lol.

    I donít think you predicted this breakout from Wheeler happening. He never pitched this well as a Met period. Otherwise the Mets might have actually had to bite the bullet and pay him to save face.

    Phillies took a gamble and itís paying off handsomely for them. Good for them. Iím very happy with Walker and Stroman right now and we still have Syndergaard. We have one of the best staffs in MLB.
    Stroman as a Met has a 2.94 ERA in 25 starts.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  15. #3645
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    41,415
    Quote Originally Posted by n8ghee View Post
    Whining about the pitching staff doesnít make a ton of sense when we have the best ERA in the NL and the second worst lineup in the NL. Whine about the hitting.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It wouldn't have been nice to have Wheeler in a spot where deGrom went down to injury. I like Stroman but the move was made as a hedge to letting Wheeler walk, which we know was money related. Its fine. Stroman has been very good. Does he have the ceiling of Wheeler? No. Will he probably get paid as much if not more than Wheeler this offseason? Yeah probably.

    I dont think anyone is whining per se. I just think they don't like the fact that he's been so good for a division rival and the only reason they let him walk is because the Wilpons are cheap.

    But you're right, the offense is the biggest bugaboo. They need to be cognizant of what Syndergaard and Carrasco's timelines are as well.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •