Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 243 of 260 FirstFirst ... 143193233241242243244245253 ... LastLast
Results 3,631 to 3,645 of 3892
    https://twitter.com/theaceofspaeder/...92300276355073

If all of this true, shame on MLB for doing nothing. They'll suspend pitchers for using foreign substances but did nothing about the Astros and won't do anything here. That allegation of the 2015 Royals using a video department next to their dugout really sucks.
    Last edited by metswon69; 06-16-2021 at 01:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    https://twitter.com/theaceofspaeder/...92300276355073

If all of this true, shame on MLB for doing nothing. They'll suspend pitchers for using foreign substances but did nothing about the Astros and won't do anything here. That allegation of the 2015 Royals using a video department next to their dugout really sucks.
    Ooof. And that REALLY hits home if the Royals accusations are true. ****.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Louisvill...87242090295297

Hunter Greene could be the next deGrom but I doubt he escapes the knife before it happens. 104 mph is ****ing insane.

Michael Mayer@mikemayer22

Zack Wheeler ranks among all major league pitchers:

1st - 4.4 bWAR
    2nd - 3.4 fWAR

Brodie...blah...blah...blah

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

https://mobile.twitter.com/Louisvill...87242090295297

Hunter Greene could be the next deGrom but I doubt he escapes the knife before it happens. 104 mph is ****ing insane.
    Well, heís gotta have 3 elite secondary pitches, a repeatable delivery, and perfect release point for said pitches, first

Oh, he also has to be godly with the bat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumť

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    Michael Mayer@mikemayer22

Zack Wheeler ranks among all major league pitchers:

1st - 4.4 bWAR
    2nd - 3.4 fWAR

Brodie...blah...blah...blah
    We can go in circles about whether to blame BVW or Wilpon but I still think it was 100% a Wilpon decision but Brodie made some dumbass comments that should have never been made, or at least rephrased.

If weíre being real though, most Mets fans wouldíve looked at that deal and said the Mets were insane and didnít need him, maybe not you and I but, a lot of people would.

Iím gonna have to do some digging to see what everybodyís positions were on Wheeler lmao.

If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumť

Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    We can go in circles about whether to blame BVW or Wilpon but I still think it was 100% a Wilpon decision but Brodie made some dumbass comments that should have never been made, or at least rephrased.

If weíre being real though, most Mets fans wouldíve looked at that deal and said the Mets were insane and didnít need him, maybe not you and I but, a lot of people would.

Iím gonna have to do some digging to see what everybodyís positions were on Wheeler lmao.

That's the difference between us and the less educated fan, they are, in fact, less educated.

You should look up the 2010 draft thread and read about deGrom. It's quite funny.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    Well, heís gotta have 3 elite secondary pitches, a repeatable delivery, and perfect release point for said pitches, first

Oh, he also has to be godly with the bat.

The thing with deGrom is that he essentially dominates with 2 pitches most of the time. He has that changeup and curveball at his disposal but he never uses the curveball anymore. Not saying it will happen but he might be the only other guy in baseball right now who can throw 100mph with that consistency as a SP. He's killing it at AAA right now.
    Last edited by metswon69; 06-18-2021 at 01:43 PM.

That's the difference between us and the less educated fan, they are, in fact, less educated.

You should look up the 2010 draft thread and read about deGrom. It's quite funny.
    I think Mets fans on average arenít very bright, tbh.

I didnít really pay much attention to prospects until guys like Harvey were drafted.

I remember Stuna being the first person to say how much he liked deGrom, I was a believer in him once he won ROY but I never ever ever expected him to be as good as he is.

The thing with deGrom is that he essentially dominates with 2 pitches most of the time. He has that changeup and curveball at his disposal but he never uses the curveball anymore. Not saying it will happen but he might be the only other guy in baseball right now who can throw 100mph with that consistency as a SP. He's killing it at AAA right now.
    Itís funny because Hefner even said that he has one of the best curveballs in baseball.

He essentially pitches like a reliever who goes deep into games, itís pretty mind boggling. I think he would be even better if he utilized the curve a little more often. ****, get it sitting at 5% and hitters will probably just start crying at the plate.

Ohtani can throw 100 consistently but heís not as effective when doing it. Greene was a #1 prospect for a reason, heís just going through the typical humps. If you told me that he would be like a younger deGrom, I wouldnít be surprised. Itís at least somewhat more expected of him then it ever was deGrom lol.

https://twitter.com/AnthonyDiComo/st...31997278040066

Stop swinging the bat if that's the case.

All Things NL East & Around Baseball

Iím not less educated than you, stop it lol.

I donít think you predicted this breakout from Wheeler happening. He never pitched this well as a Met period. Otherwise the Mets might have actually had to bite the bullet and pay him to save face.

Phillies took a gamble and itís paying off handsomely for them. Good for them. Iím very happy with Walker and Stroman right now and we still have Syndergaard. We have one of the best staffs in MLB.
    Last edited by YoungStuna; 06-18-2021 at 09:00 PM.

Whining about the pitching staff doesnít make a ton of sense when we have the best ERA in the NL and the second worst lineup in the NL. Whine about the hitting.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    Iím not less educated than you, stop it lol.

I donít think you predicted this breakout from Wheeler happening. He never pitched this well as a Met period. Otherwise the Mets might have actually had to bite the bullet and pay him to save face.

Phillies took a gamble and itís paying off handsomely for them. Good for them. Iím very happy with Walker and Stroman right now and we still have Syndergaard. We have one of the best staffs in MLB.
    Stroman as a Met has a 2.94 ERA in 25 starts.

Quote Originally Posted by n8ghee View Post
    Whining about the pitching staff doesnít make a ton of sense when we have the best ERA in the NL and the second worst lineup in the NL. Whine about the hitting.

It wouldn't have been nice to have Wheeler in a spot where deGrom went down to injury. I like Stroman but the move was made as a hedge to letting Wheeler walk, which we know was money related. Its fine. Stroman has been very good. Does he have the ceiling of Wheeler? No. Will he probably get paid as much if not more than Wheeler this offseason? Yeah probably.

I dont think anyone is whining per se. I just think they don't like the fact that he's been so good for a division rival and the only reason they let him walk is because the Wilpons are cheap.

But you're right, the offense is the biggest bugaboo. They need to be cognizant of what Syndergaard and Carrasco's timelines are as well.