Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 176 of 182 FirstFirst ... 76126166174175176177178 ... LastLast
Results 2,626 to 2,640 of 2724
  1. #2626
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    53,836
    Not losing Cole, Verlander, Alvarez, and Osuna for basically the whole year would have helped too.

  2. #2627
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    38,222
    I almost want the Dodgers to win just so they have some WS hangover next year. Maybe it will change things up in the NL a little bit. I mean the Dodgers have been to 3 of the last 4 WS. They're overdue and this is probably their best chance to do it.

  3. #2628
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Boogie Down
    Posts
    104,111
    Go Rays!!!

  4. #2629
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    69,181

    All Things NL East & Around Baseball

    Do it for Kobe.

    Two LA Championships in 2020 would be crazy!

  5. #2630
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Boogie Down
    Posts
    104,111
    You know what I actually dig this 16 team making the playoffs format.

    Itís actually pretty fun to see so many teams make it and duke it out.

  6. #2631
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Amherst, MA
    Posts
    6,529
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    You know what I actually dig this 16 team making the playoffs format.

    Itís actually pretty fun to see so many teams make it and duke it out.
    At least this year, it didnít dilute the season either since the top team in each league still made it to the WS.

  7. #2632
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    69,181
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    You know what I actually dig this 16 team making the playoffs format.

    Itís actually pretty fun to see so many teams make it and duke it out.
    I think the answer is the NFL format. Add 2 more teams via expansion and then 12 teams make it.

  8. #2633
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Boogie Down
    Posts
    104,111
    I am not a fan of expansion when you have about 4 teams that really should be removed or moved to other cities.

  9. #2634
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    The Moon
    Posts
    7,966
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    I am not a fan of expansion when you have about 4 teams that really should be removed or moved to other cities.
    What teams are you referring to?

    Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

  10. #2635
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Amherst, MA
    Posts
    6,529
    Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    I think the answer is the NFL format. Add 2 more teams via expansion and then 12 teams make it.
    I like this. Four division winners and two WCs. I would want to see them continue the 3 game WC round. One game WC round isn't baseball. I'd be happy with a slightly shorter season and a 3-5-7-7 format for the playoffs. Owners would make more money that way too.

  11. #2636
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    69,181
    Quote Originally Posted by wiley6 View Post
    I like this. Four division winners and two WCs. I would want to see them continue the 3 game WC round. One game WC round isn't baseball. I'd be happy with a slightly shorter season and a 3-5-7-7 format for the playoffs. Owners would make more money that way too.
    Agreed. Otherwise too many teams make the playoffs and the regular season is meaningless.

  12. #2637
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn New York
    Posts
    21,887
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry777 View Post
    What teams are you referring to?

    Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk
    Iím gonna take a wild guess that heís referring to Tampa, Oakland, Colorado and Miami.

    Although I think Miami is on the up and up


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumť

  13. #2638
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Bklyn/Denver/LA/Denver/LA/Tucson
    Posts
    26,684
    TB in seven.

    Mets Dieharder Since '63
    Broncos Dieharder Since '73
    Los Angeles Kings Dieharder Since '87

    uapeople you're gone, but never forgotten, R.I.P. - SPRING 2011

  14. #2639
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Amherst, MA
    Posts
    6,529
    For all of the hand wringing that has taken place about the playoff format, the best team (based on regular season record) in each league still made the WS.

  15. #2640
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    302
    I would expand to 32 teams adding Vegas and Montreal but go back to just two divisions (8 teams each) in each league.

    The 1st place team gets in the playoffs with home field advantage while the 2nd & 3rd place teams are wild cards and play each other before winners play the 1st place teams. Bottom line: 12 teams out of 32 in the playoffs.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •