Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 214 of 244 FirstFirst ... 114164204212213214215216224 ... LastLast
Results 3,196 to 3,210 of 3657
    Lowrie continues "The Wilpons are *******s" redemption tour. Hitting .333/.417/.548 through his first 12 games. Its amazing what a player can do when allowed to be healthy.

Wilson Ramos with home run number 5 btw.
    Last edited by metswon69; 04-13-2021 at 10:05 PM.

Very happy for Wilson. Everyone in the Mets FO and the media stressed how tremendous of an upgrade we made at catcher with McCann. Always thought it was a bit unfair to Wilson, who was finally able to stay healthy in two seasons with us and was a serviceable catcher in 2019. Ramos will have a better offensive season than McCann (albeit he'll probably play fewer games) and that'll hardly be a shocking outcome.
    "If we want to be an iconic franchise, which I think we are capable of doing, we have to write more good stories than bad, and occasionally we have to write a really epic story." --Sandy Alderson

Mike Balsamo
    @MikeBalsamo1
    ·
    15m
    NEW—> NEW YORK (AP) — AP source: Ponzi schemer Bernie Madoff has died in a federal prison, believed to be from natural causes.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Quote Originally Posted by SJ5382 View Post
    Very happy for Wilson. Everyone in the Mets FO and the media stressed how tremendous of an upgrade we made at catcher with McCann. Always thought it was a bit unfair to Wilson, who was finally able to stay healthy in two seasons with us and was a serviceable catcher in 2019. Ramos will have a better offensive season than McCann (albeit he'll probably play fewer games) and that'll hardly be a shocking outcome.
    The catcher position is a multi-faceted one, in what I say could be order of importance:

1. Handling the pitching staff and calling, including pitcher framing.
    2. Ability to curtail the other team's running game.
    3. Offense is of 3rd importance.

James McCann shows he truly is concerned about his pitchers and we saw this in how he contacted all of them right away after he signed with the Mets.

James McCann will go down into Mets lore along with the likes of Jerry Grote - McCann is probably the better hitter of the 2. Remember how Seaver always revered Grote and spoke about him frequently.

I liked Ramos while he was with us but some of his pitchers, Thor in particular, didn't think he could adequately fulfill the top 2 areas of a catchers game. Offensively, he is arguably better than McCann.

I never questioned Ramos's offensive abilities - good luck to him. How is Francisco Alvarez looking? Sorry, I always have to say that since he is our next home-grown catcher (hopefully).

Quote Originally Posted by SJ5382 View Post
    Wilson is a god awful defensive catcher. Our pitchers had to limit their arsenal because of Wilson's inefficiencies behind the dish.

A catcher's number 1 priority is defense, his 2nd is handling a pitching staff. Anything above that is gravy.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Also, one last thing. Wilson's start reminds me of John "Bench" Buck start in 2013.

I have always liked McCann. I def see him as an upgrade at the position. If he makes the pitching staff better. That is all there is to it.

I agree with you guys that Ramos was awful defensively and McCann will be an upgrade. But I'm a bit confused by the widespread reverence of McCann's defense. Yes he seems to build good relationships with pitchers and maybe he calls a good game. His framing rates were off the charts in 2020 (in a limited sample size) but they were atrocious in 2019. His pop time is below average. I feel like we signed him and marketed him as the second coming of Yadi Molina and I just never really saw it.
    "If we want to be an iconic franchise, which I think we are capable of doing, we have to write more good stories than bad, and occasionally we have to write a really epic story." --Sandy Alderson

Carlos Rodon was nontendered this offseason, signed for 3M with the White Sox, and pitched a no hitter yesterday. I really wanted the Mets to take a chance on him as a reclamation project but it is what it is. He's throwing 98 mph right now with a wipe out slider. Could be a huge free agent option next year

Also I don't care how Ramos is playing right now... we all didn't want Ramos and wanted him replaced. I can understand the McCann vs Realmuto discussion but 1000000000% of us would've chosen McCann over Ramos

Yes McCann over Ramos. McCann for $40M/4? Was never a fan. Seems like he got a huge contract as a result of a very weak catcher's market. Let's hope he proves me wrong.

Grandal is one of those guys we would've pounced on had Cohen been the owner a couple years ago. Can't even imagine this team with Grandal. We would've made the playoffs in 2019, for sure.

$10M per year for a defensive minded catcher, who will hit ok, but has already shown how he improves the defense and pitching performance is just what this team needed right now. He will be the 8th place hitter anyway. It isn't like in years past when we had weak hitting at ss, c and even cf at times.

Don't get me wrong, I don't consider McCann a weak hitter but he should hit .240 / .250 and have an OPS in the mid .700s. That is good for our 8th place hitter. It also gives us opportunity over the next couple of years to see if Nido really has learned to hit and to watch the development of Francisco Alvarez.

McCann is an improvement over Ramos defensively for sure, but he’s an average defensive catcher at best. He’s an offensive catcher. I’m expecting an OPS in the high .700s-low .800s. He was an all-star just two seasons ago and is a low-milage catcher.

I don’t like McCann and I think he’ll be an overpay but anybody would’ve taken him over Ramos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumé

https://twitter.com/GottaBelievePod/...14206563209217

any guess what this could be? sounds ominous