Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 259 of 267 FirstFirst ... 159209249257258259260261 ... LastLast
Results 3,871 to 3,885 of 4001
    Michael Mayer
    How Mets hitters have done in July (20 PA min.)

Francisco Lindor 177 wRC+
    Dominic Smith 168
    Luis Guillorme 164
    Brandon Nimmo 136
    Pete Alonso 127
    Jeff McNeil 126
    Tomas Nido 121
    James McCann 121
    Michael Conforto 115
    Jonathan Villar 87
    Kevin Pillar 50

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Dom has really stepped it up. I feel like he’s the “most cold blooded” regular on the team, in that he comes up the biggest in situations with RISP and overall clutch moments…somebody back me up on that.

Alonso hasn’t really wow’d anybody by any means but he’s also been really consistent at least, he’s been hovering around the 125 wRC+ mark for most of the season, iirc.

JD Davis might be the best pure hitter on the team, he’s a RHB that the team has sorely lacked…still need another one, though.

Guillorme has been walking like it’s nobody’s business lmao, good to see him hit a homer yesterday, if he could get some XBH on top of the walks, he’d be a fantastic fill in for Lindor…I realize with him, he gets very acclimated to playing one position and then when he’s asked to move elsewhere, he has a few hiccups in an adjustment period. He did it at third base, he did it at second, and he did it at short…after that one game, he’s improved tremendously. Even when Lindor comes back, he should be rested and Guillorme should continue to get reps at short.

McNeil seems to be waking up too, I just want to see him start driving the ball. He’s either a slap hitter or takes a home run cut, I’d like to see a happy medium from him.

Overall, the numbers have been improving and the slugging percentages have been going up, which is even better. Hopefully this team can actually start hitting at home, though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumé

I should also note that Nido + McCann should continue to be used in a tandem. They’re both good catchers and I think provide equal value.

Nimmo is Nimmo. I really don’t know what to say about the guy, top 5 leadoff hitters in the game.

Also, Conforto having a 115 wRC+ is nice but he needs to get that **** up. He’s been awful.

If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumé

Lol this is for you, Clay.

Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post

Lol this is for you, Clay.

You are an evil man.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Rays got Nelson Cruz. Nice pickup for them. Its a shame the DH doesn't exist in the NL. That's exactly the type of player the Mets could have used if there was. A RH middle of the order bat.

They gave up their #10 and #17 prospect. Decent price

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Braves up 6-0 on the Phillies. If that holds up, they’ll both be 47-48 at the end of the night....4 games back each, and 5 in the loss column.

10. Hill should know the Jays if he pitches Sunday.

So Degrom is eligible to come off the DL, any of y’all think he pitches Monday or Tuesday?

Quote Originally Posted by n8ghee View Post
    So Degrom is eligible to come off the DL, any of y’all think he pitches Monday or Tuesday?

Not this week.

He isn't ready. Still not throwing out there

https://twitter.com/JonHeyman/status...188030977?s=19

Adam Frazier to SDP

They didn't give up much. They only got their #5 prospect who is a utility infielder and not very impressive, plus two other outside their top 30 prospects. Plus SD got cash so they aren't really paying him anything the rest of this year plus he's under contract next year. Gotta assume some of the better rentals like Kris Bryant have to cost less.
    Last edited by bklynny67; 07-25-2021 at 07:17 PM.