Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 154 of 158 FirstFirst ... 54104144152153154155156 ... LastLast
Results 2,296 to 2,310 of 2364
    4 top draft picks? And one year suspensions? Nah that **** is not light.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    4 top draft picks? And one year suspensions? Nah that **** is not light.
    The draft picks are the harshest part of the punishment. I see the Astros just fired Lunhow and Hinch though. A 5 million dollar fine to a ML team is like you or I wiping our ***** with a 5 dollar bill.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Sets their farm system back, and correct me if I'm wrong, I believe their international pool money takes a hit also. As its in direct correlation to the draft dollar allotment.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

The draft picks are the harshest part of the punishment. I see the Astros just fired Lunhow and Hinch though. A 5 million dollar fine to a ML team is like you or I wiping our ***** with a 5 dollar bill.
    Makes no sense. Five-dollar bills are too small. They're hardly practical butt-wipers. Your fingers would get all dirty. But i get your point.
    "Ain't got the call no more. Got a lot of sinful idears – but they seem kinda sensible...."

The money is nothing to them and am sure any team would gladly lose 5 million for a championship, but the draft thing is rough and because of the scandal they had to fire their GM and Manager?

It’s a rough punishment imo.

Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    Makes no sense. Five-dollar bills are too small. They're hardly practical butt-wipers. Your fingers would get all dirty. But i get your point.
    This is true. How about if broke it up into a roll of five 1 dollar bills? More pragmatic for you?

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    The money is nothing to them and am sure any team would gladly lose 5 million for a championship, but the draft thing is rough and because of the scandal they had to fire their GM and Manager?

It’s a rough punishment imo.
    Well the firing wasn't part of the punishment. That was Crane's decision. A dumb one in regards to firing Lunhow imo.

The draft picks still dont wow me as a huge punishment. The Astros are getting late 1st/2nd round picks and its a bigger deal losing the slot allotments. To me they should have lost IFA slot money, more draft picks should have been taken, the team should have received a much bigger fine, etc.

That would sent the rest of the league a message as well.

Not a harsh punishment if they did what was alleged.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by FloridaMetFan; 01-13-2020 at 06:37 PM.

This is true. How about if broke it up into a roll of five 1 dollar bills? More pragmatic for you?
    You've got a future in marketing, son.

How much impact does Beltran's involvement have on the Mets at this point do you think? He will no doubt get questions about this. How long do you think that lingers?

Quote Originally Posted by wiley6 View Post
    How much impact does Beltran's involvement have on the Mets at this point do you think? He will no doubt get questions about this. How long do you think that lingers?
    Not much.....Now that the punishments are handed out and Beltran was said to have a pretty minor involvement and won't be punished we should be able to move on to the off season preparation. Maybe this week there will be some chatter and questions but I don't think much more than that.,
    Just a Met's fan surrounded by Phillies fan's standing strong behind enemy lines

Crazy light punishment. Someone -- either Hinch or Lunhow -- should have been banned for life.

Those picks hurt a bit, but they're going to be late in the rounds and won't have the same impact as, say, us losing our first two picks.

Quote Originally Posted by ImTheKing30 View Post
    Not much.....Now that the punishments are handed out and Beltran was said to have a pretty minor involvement and won't be punished we should be able to move on to the off season preparation. Maybe this week there will be some chatter and questions but I don't think much more than that.,
    When they start ST the reporters will hound Beltran, the reporters will make a big deal, fans don’t give a ****.

Multiple ownership-level sources told ESPN that dissatisfaction with the penalties had emerged following a conference call with Manfred, in which he explained how the Astros would be disciplined, then told teams to keep their thoughts to themselves.

"The impression," one person familiar with the call told ESPN, "was that the penalty for complaining would be more than Houston got."

The concern over any possible discipline for breaking ranks didn't entirely silence teams. At 12:30 a.m. ET on Tuesday, the Los Angeles Dodgers, who lost the 2017 World Series in seven games to an Astros team that MLB's investigation confirmed cheated during that postseason, released a statement that read: "All clubs have been asked by Major League Baseball not to comment on today's punishment of the Houston Astros as it's inappropriate to comment on discipline imposed on another club. The Dodgers have also been asked not to comment on any wrongdoing during the 2017 World Series and will have no further comment at this time."

Run through a passive-aggressive translator, the Dodgers' words mirrored what a team president had said earlier in the day.

"Crane won," he said. "The entire thing was programmed to protect the future of the franchise. He got his championship. He keeps his team. His fine is nothing. The sport lost, but Crane won."
    https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/...ng-punishments

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Its a light punishment. It only looks significant because its unprecedented in relation to other penalties. That said, Manfred should have come down with a bigger hammer. Mjolnir perhaps.
    Last edited by metswon69; 01-14-2020 at 02:45 PM.