Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 136 of 158 FirstFirst ... 3686126134135136137138146 ... LastLast
Results 2,026 to 2,040 of 2364
    The Braves got stronger with Hamals and Smith, The Phillies got stronger with Wheeler and possibly Grigarious ( spelling), Betances, and Romaine, Giradi as manager.. The Marlins got stronger with Villar, Don't know about the Nats yet, and we got weaker with loss of Wheeler. Who knows what else lies ahead for our team? They are talking about trying to shed some salary by hoping to include JD Davis and/or Dom Smith to a team that would take Lowrie and Familla off our hands.

This idiot would probably include McNeil if he could get rid of some salary.

This is what happens when you hire a snake oil salesman for a GM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyndave View Post
    The Braves got stronger with Hamals and Smith, The Phillies got stronger with Wheeler and possibly Grigarious ( spelling), Betances, and Romaine, Giradi as manager.. The Marlins got stronger with Villar, Don't know about the Nats yet, and we got weaker with loss of Wheeler. Who knows what else lies ahead for our team? They are talking about trying to shed some salary by hoping to include JD Davis and/or Dom Smith to a team that would take Lowrie and Familla off our hands.

This idiot would probably include McNeil if he could get rid of some salary.

This is what happens when you hire a snake oil salesman for a GM.
    If Brodie knew he was hamstrung by this franchise then he had no business picking up Cano's salary. I'm not sure what he knows though. There were plenty of reports Alderson didn't know what kind of payroll flexibility he had year to year. Can't see this being vastly different. The Wilpons are still at best frugal and at worst, cash poor. Sure, the allocation of payroll hasn't been good but the Mets are not on the level of other big market franchises in terms of payroll.

I really hope Cohen takes over controlling interest right away. There are some writers speculating he may have already taken over a majority share. Either way, lets hope the money he has starts making its mark on the team sooner than later.

5 more years of the Wilpons still making every decision without any influence from the new owner is a dim light at the end of a very long tunnel.
    Last edited by metswon69; 12-05-2019 at 04:54 AM.

Oh and Tiki Barber deserves credit for breaking the story. He had it way before Rosenthal, Heyman, Passan, etc. We all thought he was nuts this morning when it was first leaked but he must have some really good sources.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Oh and Tiki Barber deserves credit for breaking the story. He had it way before Rosenthal, Heyman, Passan, etc. We all thought he was nuts this morning when it was first leaked but he must have some really good sources.
    It was Tom Coughlin

Mets just acquired CF Jake Marisnick for prospects. Not much of a bat but a good glove. Not sure what we gave up but anytime I hear prospects and Brodie in the same sentence my heart literally sinks lol

Quote Originally Posted by Brooklyndave View Post
    It was Tom Coughlin
    I heard it was Tiki.

Nats signed Strasburg 7 years/245 million dollars. Makes that deGrom extension look great.

Cole has to be licking his chops though. That's way too many years for a 31 year old pitcher.

How did we get deGrom to sign his extension?
    Quote Originally Posted by El Patito View Post
    Wow, you just won't let this go will you? I'd be more than happy to provide the numbers again if you'd like. The fact is that Marmol in his best season, put up one of the greatest performances by a reliever in the history of baseball. Better than Rivera? Youre damn right. You can't deny this.
    Marmolololololol

Quote Originally Posted by Wrigheyes4MVP View Post
    How did we get deGrom to sign his extension?
    I know that was probably rhetorical but..

He wanted to be here and the Mets were proactive. They had opportunities to sign Wheeler to a cheaper deal than what the Phillies got him for but the Wilpons are gun shy and broke. Players will take security more often than fans think, especially if they are comfortable where they are.
    Last edited by metswon69; 12-09-2019 at 04:17 PM.

Nats signed Strasburg 7 years/245 million dollars. Makes that deGrom extension look great.

Cole has to be licking his chops though. That's way too many years for a 31 year old pitcher.
    Agree with all of this. Strasburg deal may not age well for the Nats, but he got them a title and there's some mutual goodwill for the guy who will now likely be the best player in this version of the franchise.

Strasberg stays with Nats for 245 million.

Remember those that though that the Mets May have over paid for deGrom? That they should of not paid him right after winning a CY?

Yeah look at what he would cost now if he would of signed now.

I agree that Strasburg contract looks bad long term but short terms it sucks that the Braves,Nats,and phillies are our making moves while we hire a coaching staff lol. Also doesnít help that for the most part out farm system stinks(thanks Brodie). Iím really praying Cohens cash start coming next offseason because we canít compete with these other 3 teams until then

If Brodie knew he was hamstrung by this franchise then he had no business picking up Cano's salary. I'm not sure what he knows though. There were plenty of reports Alderson didn't know what kind of payroll flexibility he had year to year. Can't see this being vastly different. The Wilpons are still at best frugal and at worst, cash poor. Sure, the allocation of payroll hasn't been good but the Mets are not on the level of other big market franchises in terms of payroll.

I really hope Cohen takes over controlling interest right away. There are some writers speculating he may have already taken over a majority share. Either way, lets hope the money he has starts making its mark on the team sooner than later.

5 more years of the Wilpons still making every decision without any influence from the new owner is a dim light at the end of a very long tunnel.
    Its one thing if the Wilpons were first time owners. But it has been no secret on how they conduct operations. We fans saw this every day for years. Agents should know this better than fans as they have to pitch their guys to teams that are willing to pay. And BVW has been an agent for a long time.

I do think you're right, that Alderson and other GM's of the Mets had no idea on the payroll flexibility. But if I were the GM for the Mets, I wouldn't bank on them to all of a sudden wake up one offseason and tell me to go spend spend spend on good players.

The Mets are getting killed so far this of season especially in the NL east. It's not over yet but every team got better and the Mets got worse. It is time for the Cohen era to begin.

Quote Originally Posted by JCrusher View Post
    I agree that Strasburg contract looks bad long term but short terms it sucks that the Braves,Nats,and phillies are our making moves while we hire a coaching staff lol. Also doesnít help that for the most part out farm system stinks(thanks Brodie). Iím really praying Cohens cash start coming next offseason because we canít compete with these other 3 teams until then
    Are you kidding? With Beltran, Meulens and Heffner, WS here we come. We don't need pitching!!!!