Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 224 of 245 FirstFirst ... 124174214222223224225226234 ... LastLast
Results 3,346 to 3,360 of 3670
    I've certainly heard plenty about the Tatis trade but I mainly watch west coast games.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Its funny you never hear about the fact that the White Sox traded Fernando Tatis Jr. for that dumpster fire James Shield but you constantly hear about the Mets trading Kelenic for Cano and Diaz.
    Wasn't Tatis just a marginal prospect at the time though? Kelenic was just drafted and everyone knew he had a super high ceiling.

Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post
    Wasn't Tatis just a marginal prospect at the time though? Kelenic was just drafted and everyone knew he had a super high ceiling.
    I remember Tatis being pretty highly touted when he was signed by the White Sox in 2015. He was ranked the 27th best IFA prospect at the time. When Kelenic was dealt, I think BA, BP, MLB all had him as a top 60 spec among the top 100.
    Last edited by metswon69; 05-11-2021 at 05:29 PM.

Its funny you never hear about the fact that the White Sox traded Fernando Tatis Jr. for that dumpster fire James Shield but you constantly hear about the Mets trading Kelenic for Cano and Diaz.
    I hear about it all the time. It's just that NY Media only like to harp about former NY Prospects.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Anyways, there's no sure things in MLB. And hey, if Diaz has a good playoff run with us one year and gets the final out to win a WS, Kelenic can become a HOFer for all I care.

No I'm not talking about it from a New York media perspective. I'm talking about the coverage it gets from national sports media, the typical baseball writer punditry on social media, etc.

https://twitter.com/JeffPassan/statu...82199261224962

And I like Jeff Passan but give me a break. Its typical narrative ******** the media loves to pick on Met fans about because its easy clickbait. Not dismissing the shittiness of the trade but its obvious the intent behind doing all that.
    You linked to the wrong tweet, but I found it. And it was petty and stupid. But it's a separate issue. In fairness to anyone covering it, it was a catastrophically bad trade. Even with Diaz's improved numbers since 2019, Kelenic is a top-five prospect. (which means **** all in the grand scheme, but still).

Jon Heyman
    @JonHeyman

One scoutís assessment of Jarred Kelenic: Close to Bryce Harper good

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    Jon Heyman
    @JonHeyman

One scoutís assessment of Jarred Kelenic: Close to Bryce Harper good
    If that's true, then it's the worst trade in franchise history.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGamer81 View Post
    If that's true, then it's the worst trade in franchise history.
    Yeah. Jim Fregosi can finally Rest In Peace.

And Soroka getting surgery.

People called me crazy for saying the Braves pitching had a low floor. Theyíre super reminiscent of the middle 10s Mets, young guys that keep getting injured but have a lot of talent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumť

Quote Originally Posted by Zmaster52 View Post
    And Soroka getting surgery.

People called me crazy for saying the Braves pitching had a low floor. Theyíre super reminiscent of the middle 10s Mets, young guys that keep getting injured but have a lot of talent.

So far your prediction's looking good!

https://mobile.twitter.com/MarkCHeal...06249221222400

Wilpons still reaping the rewards of having been one of the shittiest owners in sports.

https://mobile.twitter.com/MarkCHeal...06249221222400

Wilpons still reaping the rewards of having been one of the shittiest owners in sports.
    Nice development you got there, Fred. Would be a shame if something were to...happen to it.

All Things NL East & Around Baseball

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGamer81 View Post
    So far your prediction's looking good!
    Iím gonna pat myself on the back here but so far, a lot of my predictions are looking pretty solid.

Iím starting to change my tune a bit on Lindor but I still stand by thinking heís overrated and that Gimenez is a very similar player this year and that the overall move would be pretty lateral

Harrison Bader and Byron Buxton being great players - though I couldíve never anticipated Buxton producing as well as he has.

Thinking that Realmuto shouldíve been the priority all along, thatís looking like a good case of hindsight. I think the Mets would agree now if they saw the priority as Realmuto-Bauer-Springer instead of the other way around. Still wouldíve preferred a Nido/Jason Castro type of tandem to McCann but I get why the Mets signed him.

I had Miguel Castro becoming an elite reliever, although even heís been better than expected. Also always been a supporter of Gsellman, heís been pretty good. I never felt like the bullpen was a huge issue. It could use another dominant reliever but every bullpen could use one. If the team could pick up an Amir Garrett or Craig Kimbrel towards the deadline, Iíd be super stoked. A Kimbrel/Bryant trade is dying to happen. I was a big Trevor May fan, I believed in Diaz, and I like Gsellman. I didnít/donít think the bullpen is an issue. Only guys that I feel like are questionable as Loup and Barnes and even I donít think theyíre terrible. SRF, Smith, and Hunter are nice wildcards. Iíve also always been a Drew Smith fan, I think heíll be an integral part of this bullpen in the future. Maybe not this year, though.

Saying that third base was the biggest issue also seems to have been highlighted quite well all season. Mets likely still wouldíve been better off with Arenado but even somebody like DJ or trading for somebody else wouldíve been a better solution than having JD and a bunch of question marks, despite Villar playing extremely well.

I also seem to have been right about McCann being a generally mediocre player, I had him producing plus defense with an 80-90 wRC+ over the full season, that seems to be pretty likely.

My theory that Nimmo needed to play further back and that he would be a much better center fielder was also showing itself. He was worth plus OAA and DRS before he was injured, and he was definitely playing deeper in the outfield.

Iíve never wavered on Alonso, Iíll always support my boy. He can hit 60 homers and I wouldnít be shocked.

Iíve also been plenty wrong - I was dead wrong on Walker, who I thought would have a 5 ERA by this point.

I also thought Dom would be posting a top 5 OPS but it doesnít seem too late for that to happen. I still think heíll come around.

Iíve been super wrong about Pillar/Villar...I liked them both as signings but I say how terrible they are when I see them in the lineup yet they always come through. Great, gritty, baseball players.

Iím sure Iíll be wrong with more predictions going forward but I think Iíve had pretty good takes all around, even if Iím called crazy for them at the time. I just hope Iím wrong about Lindor being a mediocre hitter. For some reason, every time I play MLB the show, Iím always getting clutch hits with Lindor, hopefully that manifests itself in real life.

If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumť

Walker is pretty interesting, he doesnít spin the ball well or light up any numbers on baseball savant yet heís been super effective.

I feel like if he could spin the ball a little more and develop slightly better control, weíd be looking at a top 15 pitcher in the majors. Dude is very interesting to watch, some innings Iíll anticipate him getting blown up and then others Iíll think heís untouchable. I also think heís just going to get better from here.