Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 181 of 194 FirstFirst ... 81131171179180181182183191 ... LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,715 of 2896
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    Nimmo has a career .390 obp, who gives a **** about anything else.

He is on base 40% of the time.
    Or twice a game.

He created 41 runs last year, that's the same as Acuna and more than Springer.

He cost the Mets 2 runs with his outfield defense.
    I know, I like him a lot. I’m not trading him just to trade him. It has to be for a Lindor/Snell type of player where Nimmo is a prize part of the deal

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    Where are you seeing that? He cost us a lot more than that.

Last season Nimmo was in the bottom 2nd percentile in Statcast OAA (-4) and in the bottom 25th percentile in outfielder jumps. He had -5 DRS in CF and his UZR was -4.1 (-19.2 UZR/150). Nimmo was by all measures (statistically and visually) atrocious in CF.

We can’t go into next season with him in CF again, because knowing the Mets they’ll try and put another bat in LF and ignore defense once again. Nimmo is at least average in LF, probably better.

We need to go get Springer who is the most ideal compliment to Nimmo and Conforto in the outfield.
    Springer, Nimmo, Conforto should be a solid OF defensively and above average to very good offensively. Hopefully we have the DH next year and can find a home for JD (3B or traded)

Omar Navaraez is a guy who might be non-tendered. If the Mets go the Springer-Bauer route and bail on JT, Omar might be a nice get. He was awful last year, but he can hit. He does suck at framing however.
    Last edited by Claymation; 11-25-2020 at 10:18 AM.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Also another guy the Mets should target is Christian Vazquez, he only has one year left on his contract and a club option. Not sure it would cost.
    Last edited by Claymation; 11-25-2020 at 10:26 AM.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Omar Navaraez is a guy who might be non-tendered. If the Mets go the Springer-Bauer route and bail on JT, Omar might be a nice get. He was awful last year, but he can hit. He does suck at framing however.
    After experiencing Ramos for the past two years, I might not be able to stomach another poor defensive catcher.

The Mets need to prioritize D at the C position. Most C's aren't good enough hitters to offset deficiencies on D.

I like Nimmo and his OBP is always so fire, but if he gets us a superstar then I'm at least entertaining it.

I don't put him in the same category as McNeil as I think McNeil and DeGrom are our only two COMPLETELY untouchables

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Dude makes some awesome baseball videos on his Youtube channel. Only knock against him is that he is a Brave's fan.

Nimmo is always one of those underrated guys. He's almost a perfect leadoff hitter with the exception of the strikeouts.
    Foolish baseball and Stark Raving Sports are my favorites.

Jomboy, Fuzzy and Giraffeneckmark are all good commentary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumé

Nimmo has a career .390 obp, who gives a **** about anything else.

He is on base 40% of the time.
    Or twice a game.

He created 41 runs last year, that's the same as Acuna and more than Springer.

He cost the Mets 2 runs with his outfield defense.
    Nimmo’s a really interesting player.

His 2017 and 2019 numbers are virtually identical, so are his 2018 and 2020 numbers.

OBP:

2017: .379
    2018: .404
    2019: .375
    2020: .404

SLG:

2017: .418
    2018: .483
    2019: .407
    2020: .484

WRC+

2017: 118
    2018: 148
    2019: 114
    2020: 148

Nimmo’s 2018 and 2020 are basically the same season, his 2017 and 2019 are almost as similar. You can chalk up poor performance to his neck injury but the proof is in the pudding - Nimmo is a 150 wRC+ hitter when healthy, and a 115 wRC+ when not. He’s practically the epitome of consistency at this point.

He’s easily a 4 win player on a regular basis. Probably higher if his defense and base running improve as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumé

I think Springer and Bauer are done deals... work around that for the rest.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaMetFan View Post
    I think Springer and Bauer are done deals... work around that for the rest.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
    Based on what? I wouldn't be at all surprised if they got one of the two (and predict that they'll nab Springer) but saying the acquisition of both is a "done deal" seems very hopeful and/or premature.

Yeah

I think they get one of the big guys, but nobody can be sure where a player wants to go.

Cohen bought the Buckner ball for 400K, so basically he bought Mets Memorabilia for a half a million dollars.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Yeah

I think they get one of the big guys, but nobody can be sure where a player wants to go.
    I'd hope the Mets get Springer or Realmuto and Bauer. They really need 2 impact players then you can add a McCann (if they get Springer) and fill out their depth. I understand that's a lot of payroll to add but one of those guys isn't going to cut it unless they find multiple other pieces in trade.

Whatever the case is, to be in it next season they need to make more than just a couple of moves.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    I'd hope the Mets get Springer or Realmuto and Bauer. They really need 2 impact players then you can add a McCann (if they get Springer) and maybe fill out their depth. I understand that's a lot of payroll to add but one of those guys isn't going to cut it unless they find pieces in trade.

Whatever the case is, to be in next season they need more than just a couple of moves.
    I don't disagree but there's 29 other teams out there with needs to fill too.