Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 193 of 193 FirstFirst ... 93143183191192193
Results 2,881 to 2,892 of 2892
    Surprised he got $10M. The Cubs non tendered him and he probably cost less than that

https://twitter.com/piodeportes/stat...58108547653635

Apparently Padres and Tatis Jr are looking at 11 year 320M contract

Padres better win because in 2-3 years we will hear about them trying to move those contracts.

I'm wondering how they have all this money

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

I donít get that deal for TOR. Where is the discount for them on buying out year? Seems disproportionate considering what Albies and Acuna are getting paid.

Quote Originally Posted by kyubi256 View Post
    I'm wondering how they have all this money

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
    The owner is worth 3 billion. The grandson of Walt O'Malley.

Some owners want to win some want to make money.

Quote Originally Posted by wiley6 View Post
    I donít get that deal for TOR. Where is the discount for them on buying out year? Seems disproportionate considering what Albies and Acuna are getting paid.
    Who?

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGamer81 View Post
    Who?
    Ronald Acuna Jr. who is getting paid 100mil/8yrs and Ozzie Albies who is getting 35mil/7yrs. Combined that would be less than what is being rumored to Tatis Jr. While the Acuna and Albies deals were insanely idiotic for them to sign, they are still combined less than half what was rumored for Tatis Jr. It doesn't make sense based on comparable production and years of control.

Quote Originally Posted by wiley6 View Post
    Ronald Acuna Jr. who is getting paid 100mil/8yrs and Ozzie Albies who is getting 35mil/7yrs. Combined that would be less than what is being rumored to Tatis Jr. While the Acuna and Albies deals were insanely idiotic for them to sign, they are still combined less than half what was rumored for Tatis Jr. It doesn't make sense based on comparable production and years of control.
    You said "TOR," which confused me. Like, what does Toronto have to do with anything? Lol

Acuna and Albies got jobbed by their clubs. They were convinced that the only way to get money now was to take very little of it compared to their value. Tatis, perhaps thanks to having a dad who played, knew better.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGamer81 View Post
    You said "TOR," which confused me. Like, what does Toronto have to do with anything? Lol

Acuna and Albies got jobbed by their clubs. They were convinced that the only way to get money now was to take very little of it compared to their value. Tatis, perhaps thanks to having a dad who played, knew better.
    I see what happened now. I wrote TOR, as in Toronto, because I mixed up where Tatis was (SD) with where Vlad Jr is (TOR). They are associated in my mind as star players, who are the sons of former players who started at the same time.

I think Tatis is way better than Vlad Jr. Maybe not the same offensive upside as Vlad but a much better defender and way more toolsy

Quote Originally Posted by kyubi256 View Post
    I think Tatis is way better than Vlad Jr. Maybe not the same offensive upside as Vlad but a much better defender and way more toolsy
    Agreed. Still SD would be massively overpaying for a player under control for several more years at reasonable prices by giving him an 11yr/300+mil contract, given what Acuna & Albies got. I understand that what they got were sweetheart deals for ATL, but there is still a lot of room between their deals and the one reported as a possibility for Tatis.