Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 242 of 259 FirstFirst ... 142192232240241242243244252 ... LastLast
Results 3,616 to 3,630 of 3880
    The Rays analytics and scouting are just worlds better than anyone not named the Dodgers. Its amazing that they lose Snell and Morton and they are still 17 games over .500 and leading a hard division in the AL East.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    The Rays analytics and scouting are just worlds better than anyone not named the Dodgers. Its amazing that they lose Snell and Morton and they are still 17 games over .500 and leading a hard division in the AL East.
    And Snell and Morton donít look great

Quote Originally Posted by Halfmiler2 View Post
    I know that World Series shares donít mean that much anymore compared to the old days when salaries were modest. But if the Mets make it that far, the players are going to have to give out a lot of shares to cover the entire cast of replacements that have kept the team going through all this.
    I bet Steve Cohen just gives a huge annual bonus if they make it that far. Similar to how big companies do at end of year if it has been super profitable

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

I would guess that counts against the salary cap. It might make more sense to add something on their 2022 contracts.

The three doubleheaders are a split doubleheader in Washington next Saturday, then regular doubleheaders at home against Atlanta a week from Monday, and against Philadelphia a week from Friday.

Keep in mind that the Mets can bring up a 27th player (usually a pitcher) for each doubleheader.

And **** the Yankees for not even winning one game vs the Phils.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    And **** the Yankees for not even winning one game vs the Phils.

Says more about the Yanks than the Phils, but momentum is a thing. Hope they don't get hot.

Wrong thread
    Last edited by Harry777; 06-15-2021 at 11:24 AM.

Ernest Dove@ernestdove

21h
    All jokes aside I wonder what it's like for Wilpons to watch Mets immediately be in first place with a top 3-5 league payroll, one of the biggest contract star players in MLB and one of the deepest teams depth wise in the game. With multiple signings, trades off to good starts.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Quote Originally Posted by Claymation View Post
    Ernest Dove@ernestdove

21h
    All jokes aside I wonder what it's like for Wilpons to watch Mets immediately be in first place with a top 3-5 league payroll, one of the biggest contract star players in MLB and one of the deepest teams depth wise in the game. With multiple signings, trades off to good starts.
    They are probably wondering why their constant penny pinching, meddling, incompetence didn't lead to consistent winning.

They are probably wondering why their constant penny pinching, meddling, incompetence didn't lead to consistent winning.
    As if they gave a **** about winning.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGamer81 View Post
    As if they gave a **** about winning.
    I think Fred did. Not so sure about Jeff or Saul though.

Maybe in some abstract sense, but if he really wanted to win he would have, you know, tried. The only time they ever invested in the team was when they could use their Ponzi winnings; otherwise it was never a priority.

Coupon was way more correct than anybody gave him credit for.

Nah

I think Jeff would of liked to win, he was just baby Huey and broke anything he touched.

I think Fred was a cheap bastard that thought he could win without spending big.

D.J. Short@djshort

Amed Rosario taking some legit steps forward

- Lowest swing rate of his career
    - Career-low chase rate at 30.9% compared to 40.3% in '20
    - More disciplined, swinging at better pitches, leading to a career-best 42.2% hard-hit rate
    - .284 BA fully backed up by a .290 xBA

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."