Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 131 1231151101 ... LastLast

All Things NL East & Around Baseball

Seemed to get good traction last year. Might as well start one again this year.

Am watching Sale. He's only throwing 91 mph. There were questions about his health last year. I guess that's why he was quick to sign an extension.

He's getting tattooed so far against Seattle with 6 ER and 3 homers given up in 2+ IP.

Damn 91 mph. Not good.

BTW I gotta ask, how in the world is this three batter minimum supposed to be done?

Let's say the Mets are up 1-0 in the 8th inning and Familia has gotten 2 outs but gave up one walk and a hit. There is a runner in 1st and a runner in 3rd. They are facing Bryce Harper so Mickey wants to bring in Justin Wilson to pitch to him.

Let's say Wilson gets Harper out. Now is he REQUIRED to pitch to the first two batters in the 9th? Or are we allowed to go to Diaz for the 9th? This is really dumb if he is forced to pitch to the first.

Might be only for the inning he starts in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope so. But even then, well sucks we got Familia.

Quote Originally Posted by kyubi256 View Post
    BTW I gotta ask, how in the world is this three batter minimum supposed to be done?

Let's say the Mets are up 1-0 in the 8th inning and Familia has gotten 2 outs but gave up one walk and a hit. There is a runner in 1st and a runner in 3rd. They are facing Bryce Harper so Mickey wants to bring in Justin Wilson to pitch to him.

Let's say Wilson gets Harper out. Now is he REQUIRED to pitch to the first two batters in the 9th? Or are we allowed to go to Diaz for the 9th? This is really dumb if he is forced to pitch to the first.
    No. It's three batters or the end of an inning, whichever comes first. The idea is to cut down on excessive pitching changes, not to force pitchers to stay in the game.
    Last edited by fanofclendennon; 03-29-2019 at 12:19 PM.

"You don't know how to drink. Your whole generation, you drink for the wrong reasons. My generation, we drink because it's good, because it feels better than unbuttoning your collar, because we deserve it. We drink because it's what men do."

Two obstructions:
    1. Pay wall.
    2. Marc Carig
    “It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, at least fails while daring greatly.” -- Teddy Roosevelt

Took a look at yesterday's MLB box scores to see if the pitcher's duel in Washington was an anomaly (especially hearing that LA hit 8 HRs) and was surprised to see that my theory, at least for one day, was weak: there were five shutouts yesterday, including four 2-0 games.

Can't wait for tomorrow too

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Philly fans booed Harper yesterday! I ****ing love it.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeGamer81 View Post
    Philly fans booed Harper yesterday! I ****ing love it.
    Lmao seriously!?

Matt Harvey pitched for the Angels today, was relieved by Hansel Robles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    Jeter smh

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 131 1231151101 ... LastLast