Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 244 of 244 FirstFirst ... 144194234242243244
Results 3,646 to 3,648 of 3648
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    It wouldn't have been nice to have Wheeler in a spot where deGrom went down to injury. I like Stroman but the move was made as a hedge to letting Wheeler walk, which we know was money related. Its fine. Stroman has been very good. Does he have the ceiling of Wheeler? No. Will he probably get paid as much if not more than Wheeler this offseason? Yeah probably.

I dont think anyone is whining per se. I just think they don't like the fact that he's been so good for a division rival and the only reason they let him walk is because the Wilpons are cheap.

But you're right, the offense is the biggest bugaboo. They need to be cognizant of what Syndergaard and Carrasco's timelines are as well.
    Id trade Stroman for Wheeler straight up. Ill give you that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Stroman as a Met has a 2.94 ERA in 25 starts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hes been amazing. The splitter hes developed has been a true game-changer for him. Its given him another swing and miss pitch and GB pitch. Hitters are hitting .186/.200/.256 (30 wRC+) against his splitter and he has a 19% SwStr% with the pitch. As a result, his SwStr% has risen to 12% this season which is now above league average. His career SwStr% before this season was 9-10%.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    It wouldn't have been nice to have Wheeler in a spot where deGrom went down to injury. I like Stroman but the move was made as a hedge to letting Wheeler walk, which we know was money related. Its fine. Stroman has been very good. Does he have the ceiling of Wheeler? No. Will he probably get paid as much if not more than Wheeler this offseason? Yeah probably.

I dont think anyone is whining per se. I just think they don't like the fact that he's been so good for a division rival and the only reason they let him walk is because the Wilpons are cheap.

But you're right, the offense is the biggest bugaboo. They need to be cognizant of what Syndergaard and Carrasco's timelines are as well.
    Id still be surprised if Stroman gets Wheelers contract, despite his performance. I hope we bring him back, he belongs in NYC.