Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 183 of 193 FirstFirst ... 83133173181182183184185 ... LastLast
Results 2,731 to 2,745 of 2892
    So thats what it's all about now? Let's root for our owner to buy as many $500-million players as possible?

This is fun?

$500- million contracts, foul ball after foul ball, three true outcomes, four-hour, nine-inning baseball games and Covid-19.

What the hell has happened to our world?

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaMetFan View Post
    Yes it does. I have no proof, just what I think.
    Most teams are taking a loss and can't afford them.
    New ownership can afford them and have legitimate needs for them.
    They are young enough to help the team long term.

Bauer basically begging to come to the Mets, praising Cohen etc...
    Springer is a true CF, great athlete and hitter. Also great clubhouse guy with great attitude. He also is from the area, Connecticut, and plugs in perfectly as a CF RH power bat... money won't be an issue getting him here.

Thats just what I think... it makes too much sense.

I don't think Realmuto wants to play here, Philly can afford him and he likes it there, I think the Mets have a better shot with McCann if they can be the highest bidder (Yankees?)

But Bauer and Springer are done deals IMO.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
    These done deals statements are ridiculous. You can't have a done deal when you haven't even met with them, let alone made an offer. At least we have heard of positive comments from Bauer, but there's been nothing on Springer.

Pure speculation and opinion is far from claiming something is a done deal.

Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    There will be more teams in for big FA than just the Mets, Yankees and Dodgers.
    Who really knows, seems teams were really counting on revenues this year just to keep float. I am surprised really. If Philly is hurting, then the rest of the league bust be too.

No point to trade for Lindor when Story, Lindor, Seager, Baez and Correa, are all FA next offseason.
    Bingo.

Pretty simple really. You don't deplete an already hurting farm system by trading for a star SS when several are free agents next year.

Quote Originally Posted by bklynny67 View Post
    Bingo.

Pretty simple really. You don't deplete an already hurting farm system by trading for a star SS when several are free agents next year.
    Agreed, I don't think trading should be utilized this year unless its really in our favor.
    We have money and cap room... and there are three top FAs that perfectly fit our needs.
    Get it done Steve!

Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    So thats what it's all about now? Let's root for our owner to buy as many $500-million players as possible?

This is fun?
    Yeah, I do think it's been fairly well established that breaking the bank on giant FA contracts isn't really the way to long term success (or even short term success much of the time).

These done deals statements are ridiculous. You can't have a done deal when you haven't even met with them, let alone made an offer. At least we have heard of positive comments from Bauer, but there's been nothing on Springer.

^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaMetFan View Post
    Who really knows, seems teams were really counting on revenues this year just to keep float. I am surprised really. If Philly is hurting, then the rest of the league bust be too.

It won't be just 3 teams in for major FA. There's already talk the Blue Jays want to add payroll, that the Angels might be in on Bauer, and there are enough up and coming teams who will be looking to improve their roster. Now that the vaccine is on the horizon and baseball should see some normalcy (in terms of attendance and attendance related revenue), there will be teams in the mix for FA talent.

[emoji95] how are they liking Harper now, lol.

Its my opinion, so what. Its the first off-season I can remember not having to factor in the Wilpon's meddling ways and try to figure out how to make the scrap heap work out.
    I'm going to enjoy the fact that Cohen is loaded, the market is weak at best and we have market cap room to spare.
    I also don't think its going to be multiple $500mil contracts either, and yes it is fun after spending decades pinching pennies.
    Met fans don't just want a winner, they deserve a dynasty!
    We are lucky to take advantage of the situation that the triple C (Cohen, Covid and Cano) presented us this year.

We are going to win so much, your going to beg Cohen to stop winning! Lol

Last edited by FloridaMetFan; 11-28-2020 at 05:29 PM.

2 billion dollars? What a load of ********.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If Trump can become president with no political background then I don't understand why I need a resumé

Lmao they lost 2 billion?

In a year in which billionaires became richer somehow the Phils lost 2 billion?

I call bull ****.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Lmao they lost 2 billion?

In a year in which billionaires became richer somehow the Phils lost 2 billion?

I call bull ****.
    The Phillies are a company. The owner is a billionaire. The Phillies losing money and its owner losing money are two different things.

So yes, it is bull ****