Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
We already have impact everyday players and we have limited areas where we can upgrade.

C-Ramos (solid overall catcher, would like a much better backup)

1B-Alonso (potential franchise cornerstone)

2B-Cano (clearly on the downside of career, but thereís still ability in the tank IMO. 2020 is a huge year for Robbie moving forward, otherwise he looks like the new Cespedes on the payroll)

SS-Rosario (seems to be getting better and better every season, will he reach his ceiling?)

3B-McNeil (great overall bat and looks really good at 3rd defensively in small sample size, perennial AS potential)

LF-Davis (definitely not fleet of foot and his best position might be 1B or 3B, but heís got great arm strength and I think an offseason to prepare for full-time outfield duties will help him immensely. The bat looks fantastic and truly anchors the lineup)

CF-Nimmo (below average defensive CF, but tremendous on-base ability and his power has definitely improved over the years to 15-20 HR/year. Needs to stay healthy. Good speed on the bases and will share time with Marisnick in CF against LHP who is a great athlete and defender. Provides much better insurance in the outfield if there is injury as opposed to Juan Lagares who was terrible overall)

RF-Conforto (we may have seen the best of Michael Conforto in 2017, but he has stayed healthy over the last 2 seasons and has been a consistent producer. Maybe in 2020 he returns to an AS level once again)

What the team really needs is a backup catcher, solid starter, and few more BP arms. Iím not opposed to Lugo or Gsellman entering the rotation with the latter being my preference so we can upgrade the pen further.
Yes Mets have some good core pieces but I donít agree that we need little more. Bullpen is a major issue, Wheeler leaving leaves a decent sized hole, defense is still an issue, lack of near ready prospects is an issue thanks to our ďgreatĒ GM. Right now we have 3 teams ahead of us in our division ...thatís simply the truth right now. Plus they are still out there making moves unlike us. The one thing that gives me hope is Cohen but that wonít happen this offseason