Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 4 of 123 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 1832
  1. #46
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    1,707
    this is what happens when you take the cheap way out to rebuild...gonna be a very long summer and allot of losses, such a shame that we will waste the talent of Acuna before we lose him to the red sox or yankees
    Die hard Atlanta Braves, Dallas Cowboys and New York Knicks fan.

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    8,240
    Going 0-2 is not the end of the world but we need to salvage this series tomorrow, the Phillies are healthy, we aren't. Our lineup is good, their lineup is a bit better, our rotation is unknown at best? Their rotaion is just okay, the bullpen is the big difference here. Today their bullben (at the time of this post) hasn't allowed a hit in 4 innings, meanwhile the Braves bullpen allowed 4 runs. The phillies looks like giants against us, but the season is long, if we get healthy we might have a chance.

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Parts Unknown
    Posts
    11,255
    If the Braves rough up Robertson and still lose, they can take solace that they helped my fantasy opponent win.

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Parts Unknown
    Posts
    11,255
    AA's cavalier attitude in constructing this team is impossible to defend.

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    12,423
    Quote Originally Posted by iamaj View Post
    AA's cavalier attitude in constructing this team is impossible to defend.
    That's the weird thing to me. He was supposed to be an aggressive GM. That was his MO in Toronto I thought. But he has been super conservative here even with a lot of money left supposedly

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SWFL
    Posts
    29,993
    Two games in and a good chunk of guys on the DL, people are already jumping ship. Long 160 games to go....

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    10,744
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamba42 View Post
    That's the weird thing to do qme. He was supposed to be an aggressive GM. That was his MO in Toronto I thought. But he has been super conservative here even with a lot of money left supposedly
    Slow down guys. Thereís a difference in being aggressive and aggressively stupid. It was very aggressive to jump out there and offer Machado 3/90 mil, he offered Brantley a contract and got out bid, signing Donaldson was also aggressive. Do I have to assume fans are saying heís not aggressive because he didnít trade for Realmuto. And if youíre basing that opinion on just one guy, aggression doesnít have anything to do with it. And when you look at what they got versus what they allegedly asked us for, it would have been stupidly aggressive for us to give up two of our top 5. Iím not seeing the argument for AA not being aggressive. Heís just not being stupid. And yes Iím still bombed about not getting Brantley or Harper, but he did try.

    0-2 not a great start.... however with 160 more to right the ship, how can anyone panic?

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    12,423
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    Two games in and a good chunk of guys on the DL, people are already jumping ship. Long 160 games to go....
    Quote Originally Posted by SB75 View Post
    Slow down guys. Thereís a difference in being aggressive and aggressively stupid. It was very aggressive to jump out there and offer Machado 3/90 mil, he offered Brantley a contract and got out bid, signing Donaldson was also aggressive. Do I have to assume fans are saying heís not aggressive because he didnít trade for Realmuto. And if youíre basing that opinion on just one guy, aggression doesnít have anything to do with it. And when you look at what they got versus what they allegedly asked us for, it would have been stupidly aggressive for us to give up two of our top 5. Iím not seeing the argument for AA not being aggressive. Heís just not being stupid. And yes Iím still bombed about not getting Brantley or Harper, but he did try.

    0-2 not a great start.... however with 160 more to right the ship, how can anyone panic?
    I'm definitely not jumping ship yet. I still think we will be better, especially when healthy. But I'm shocked Kimbrel is not on our roster. He doesn't fix everything for us but our biggest weakness is bullpen and he is the best relief pitcher available. Seems too obvious. That's what I mean by him not being aggressive enough

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Parts Unknown
    Posts
    11,255
    It's not panicking or jumping ship to acknowledge that AA did not to fix the biggest holes on the team (pitching). Donaldson is a gamble and has a negative impact on the team by bumping Acuna down to clean up. I didn't want Realmuto. I wanted smaller signings/deals to bolster the bullpen. It's not even expensive because middle relievers are undervalued.

    I'm assuming he thought the Braves would only win 75-80 games last year and is not deviating from the original plan. The difference is the Braves going 81-81 would satisfy the team's trajectory back in 2017, but would be disappointing now.

    AA wasted an off-season and was content to ignore obvious weaknesses. I can't even criticize his plan because it's fair to say he doesn't have one.

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Steubenville, Ohio
    Posts
    17,065
    I think itís pretty ironic that in these first two games weíre seeing the short comings of our off season and the aggressive nature of the Phillies deciding these games. The Phillies lengthened their lineup and itís been the bottom of their order doing the most damage. Our bullpen has given up walks and big home runs that have put games out of reach. Maybe if AA lengthened the Braves lineup and was more aggressive fixing the bullpen we might be 2-0 rather than 0-2.

    Last year we set the tone in the opening series against the Phillies. This year itís the Phillies who are setting the tone.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2019 Vikings Draft :
    Round 1: Garrett Bradbury C N.C. State
    Round 2: Irv Smith TE Alabama
    Round 3: Alex Mattison RB Boise State
    Round 4: Dru Samia G Oklahoma
    Round 5: Cameron Smith LB USC
    Round 6: Armon Watts DT Arkansas
    Round 6: Marcus Epps S Wyoming
    Round 6: Oli Udoh OT Elon
    Round 7: Kris Boyd CB Texas
    Round 7: Dillon Mitchell WR Oregon
    Round 7: Olabisi Johnson WR Colorado State
    Round 7: Austin Cutting LS Air Force


  11. #56
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    SWFL
    Posts
    29,993
    I'm pretty sure we walked a guy before each HR we gave up so far, least it feels that way.

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,441
    There is a difference between agressive vs stupid. There is also a difference between passive and stupid. Overly aggressive could ha e been stupid. Overly passive is definitely stupid, especially because the bullpen is still a hot pile of garbage. Going out and filling the bullpen with mlb capable relievers wouldn't have been aggressive, it would have been smart. JT Realmuto strikes ATL for the first time in his career, where he should have been in ATL. Instead, we will co tinue to have a plethora of these prospects continuing to be hurt, not as good as advertised and losing more shine with each passing month .

    This is 2-0 with a bullpen. I agree that it is a shame to waste a great young core group capable of being great by doing nothing and sitting on a piss poor bullpen that will wreck us all yr. You can watch guys and see they are not MLB relievers. Wes Parsons is simply a AAA career player. Bryse Wilson has the appearance of a 5th starter at best.

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    8,240
    Quote Originally Posted by vtgriff09 View Post
    There is a difference between agressive vs stupid. There is also a difference between passive and stupid. Overly aggressive could ha e been stupid. Overly passive is definitely stupid, especially because the bullpen is still a hot pile of garbage. Going out and filling the bullpen with mlb capable relievers wouldn't have been aggressive, it would have been smart. JT Realmuto strikes ATL for the first time in his career, where he should have been in ATL. Instead, we will co tinue to have a plethora of these prospects continuing to be hurt, not as good as advertised and losing more shine with each passing month .

    This is 2-0 with a bullpen. I agree that it is a shame to waste a great young core group capable of being great by doing nothing and sitting on a piss poor bullpen that will wreck us all yr. You can watch guys and see they are not MLB relievers. Wes Parsons is simply a AAA career player. Bryse Wilson has the appearance of a 5th starter at best.
    I agree with everything except your Wilson's statement. How do you get to that conclusion? He faced a really good lineup, may be in the top 3 in the NL. I think he'll be above average. We're just in a point where we need production right now, not in 3-4 months when he gets comfortable.

  14. #59
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    10,744
    Quote Originally Posted by vtgriff09 View Post
    There is a difference between agressive vs stupid. There is also a difference between passive and stupid. Overly aggressive could ha e been stupid. Overly passive is definitely stupid, especially because the bullpen is still a hot pile of garbage. Going out and filling the bullpen with mlb capable relievers wouldn't have been aggressive, it would have been smart. JT Realmuto strikes ATL for the first time in his career, where he should have been in ATL. Instead, we will co tinue to have a plethora of these prospects continuing to be hurt, not as good as advertised and losing more shine with each passing month .

    This is 2-0 with a bullpen. I agree that it is a shame to waste a great young core group capable of being great by doing nothing and sitting on a piss poor bullpen that will wreck us all yr. You can watch guys and see they are not MLB relievers. Wes Parsons is simply a AAA career player. Bryse Wilson has the appearance of a 5th starter at best.
    Thank you for at least acknowledging itís partially about Realmuto.

    A) If you beloved the rumored package the Marlins asked for from the Braves was considerably more than what they got from Phi. So the Braves would have not only paid more in prospects, but we also donít have the cash to fill any hole like Philly does. It would have hurt us on two fronts.

    B) Now in to the pitching. We structured this rebuild around pitching. Starting pitching in particular, but we all know some of those starters will end up in the BP. So at some point we have to give these young guys a chance before we move on from them.

    In closing while these may have been good moves for Philly, these would have been bad moves for Atlanta. And to go back to my first post we do know ( or better wording would be rumored) we were in on Machado, Brantley, and Donaldson. We have also at least had contact with Harper and Kimberly. So saying we were not aggressive is incorrect. Thatís 5 of the top 8. He just didnít make stupid moves.

  15. #60
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Parts Unknown
    Posts
    11,255
    Brave pitchers cannot find the zone. This seems to be a theme. Folty did it (and still does from time to time), Newcomb does it; Minter will presumably still do it; Wilson did it; and Wright just walked the bases loaded in the first.

    How much of this is that young players are going to struggle for a while before they get into the groove and how much of this could be a problem within the organization?

Page 4 of 123 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •