Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 123 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast
    Joyce being almost all the Braves' run production. We all saw that coming!

Why is Luke Jackson even on this team? 4 walks, 2 home runs, and 7 runs given up by this bullpen. Good thing we signed 0 relief pitchers this off season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2019 Vikings Draft :
    Round 1: Garrett Bradbury C N.C. State
    Round 2: Irv Smith TE Alabama
    Round 3: Alex Mattison RB Boise State
    Round 4: Dru Samia G Oklahoma
    Round 5: Cameron Smith LB USC
    Round 6: Armon Watts DT Arkansas
    Round 6: Marcus Epps S Wyoming
    Round 6: Oli Udoh OT Elon
    Round 7: Kris Boyd CB Texas
    Round 7: Dillon Mitchell WR Oregon
    Round 7: Olabisi Johnson WR Colorado State
    Round 7: Austin Cutting LS Air Force

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    Why is Luke Jackson even on this team? 4 walks, 2 home runs, and 7 runs given up by this bullpen. Good thing we signed 0 relief pitchers this off season.

Crazy, I was surprised when I saw him, it was impossible to me that he was one of our best relievers, and he was on point. AA is the one to blame here, he didn't do a good job addressing the pen.

Should we make the ďWelcome back Kimbrel!Ē signs now or later? This pen needs help.

I literally told my dad before the 7th that this is where having a deep pen matters. You can bring in a Vizcaino to face the 1-2-3 hitters and hopefully keep the game at 6-3band still have a closer if needed. Instead, ATL goes with Jackson to try and buy 2 innings and they get burned.

I can't believe a bad bullpen that was not improved gave up 7 runs. Guess this will be AA's calling card.

So are we on the phone with Kimbrel now?

Yep...this one is on AA. Expect this sort of crap all yr. No upgrades to a crappy bullpen that can't throw strikes. No frontline starter. We knew the weaknesses, AA did nothing to improve those areas, other teams improved their weaknesses. Expect a long season of what could have been...and then we start to build a team of guys that get used to losing as the norm. Frustrating you don't take a young team that is hungry to win and learned how to win and build upon it. Instead you watch others get better and sit on revenurs

I don't think we can make any judgments off of one game but it's clear we need bullpen help, that was already clear. Should sign Kimbrel already

Quote Originally Posted by Mamba42 View Post
    I don't think we can make any judgments off of one game but it's clear we need bullpen help, that was already clear. Should sign Kimbrel already
    I donít think itís based on one game. Every arm in the BP was on the roster last year. AA and Co. knew what they had. They also should have known it wasnít good enough. To add to that, they added no TOTR arm, leaving only Folty to fill that roll.

ATL needed pitching upgrades going into the offseason, yet it went TOTALLY unaddressed. I think AA had plenty of info to know the BP needed more depth and that the rotation was full of 3-4 guys and unknown youngsters. That isnít a team ready to compete for a WS.

Luke Jackson is terrible, was terrible in spring training. Should of atleast tried someone else before him even with Minter and O'Day hurt.

That was tough to watch. My whole office (and we did a fantasy league) was chirpin me. Iíve been telling them for weeks our Ďpen is garbage and I have tempered expectations. That was **** though. [emoji23]

New York Rangers - Atlanta Braves - New York Giants - Kobe Bryant

Of all the guys to bring in during a 6-3 game Luke Jackson would have been last. Perfect example of where having Kimbrel gives this pen versatility. Viz could have came in to face the top of the lineup. Instead itís Luke Jackson and 4 runs later the game is sealed.

2019 Vikings Draft :

Another thing that I noticed with the Phillies compared to the Braves. They went out and added Cutch, Segura, and JT to their lineup. Guys they had hitting higher in the order last year (Hernandez/Herrera/Franco) are now hitting 6-7-8. They accounted for 5 RBIís today. They really lengthened their lineup. The bottom of their order broke the 1-1 tie and then put them up 6-1. The Braves have to use Inciarte leading off to attempt to length the lineup. This is why I wanted JT on this team. Acuna could have been left at lead off and the lineup would be deeper.

2019 Vikings Draft :

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    Of all the guys to bring in during a 6-3 game Luke Jackson would have been last. Perfect example of where having Kimbrel gives this pen versatility. Viz could have came in to face the top of the lineup. Instead itís Luke Jackson and 4 runs later the game is sealed.

Yeah, in fact when the game was 3-1 we need someone better than Carle out there, Nola was probably out of the game and a 3-1 game, for our offense is no big deal.

But again, the bullpen is so thin right now with Oday and Minter on the IL that we don't have much else, that don't speak well of AA.

Page 2 of 123 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast