Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 121 of 123 FirstFirst ... 2171111119120121122123 LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,815 of 1833
    Bowman tweeted during the last 5 weeks Ronald Acuna has the 5th lowest OPS in the NL. Since August 15th his OPS has dropped 51 points, OBP 16 points, and his average 18 points. 44 strikes during those 30 games. He needs to get back on track soon. I really think this 40/40 pursuit has caused him to press.
    Last edited by vikingsfan0845; 09-19-2019 at 01:01 PM.
    2019 Vikings Draft :
    Round 1: Garrett Bradbury C N.C. State
    Round 2: Irv Smith TE Alabama
    Round 3: Alex Mattison RB Boise State
    Round 4: Dru Samia G Oklahoma
    Round 5: Cameron Smith LB USC
    Round 6: Armon Watts DT Arkansas
    Round 6: Marcus Epps S Wyoming
    Round 6: Oli Udoh OT Elon
    Round 7: Kris Boyd CB Texas
    Round 7: Dillon Mitchell WR Oregon
    Round 7: Olabisi Johnson WR Colorado State
    Round 7: Austin Cutting LS Air Force

And of course right after I type out Acuna's recent struggles he hits a 2 run homer off Nola.
    2019 Vikings Draft :
    Round 7: Dillon Mitchell WR Oregon
    Round 7: Olabisi Johnson WR Colorado State
    Round 7: Austin Cutting LS Air Force

Down to one boys.

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    Bowman tweeted during the last 5 weeks Ronald Acuna has the 5th lowest OPS in the NL. Since August 15th his OPS has dropped 51 points, OBP 16 points, and his average 18 points. 44 strikes during those 30 games. He needs to get back on track soon. I really think this 40/40 pursuit has caused him to press.
    he is definitely pressing to hard for the 40/40. i'm not really a stats guy but, i do believe one of the beat writers said that his CS rate had also went up since he got closer to 40/40

Acuna has definitely struggled. I believe 40/40 is part of it, along with playing more than he’s a ever played, and he also tailed off at the end of last year. Now that he has crushed # 40, I believe he will make better contact as he’s not swinging for the fences. I truly hope he understands he doesn’t need to press for the steals! We’ve seen him get two in a game as well as 3 or 4 in a series. So I think he makes it. I’d love to see him go on a tear at the plate and remain hot through the playoffs.

Just wonder why 30/30 didn’t have that kind of effect.

Quote Originally Posted by SB75 View Post
    Acuna has definitely struggled. I believe 40/40 is part of it, along with playing more than he’s a ever played, and he also tailed off at the end of last year. Now that he has crushed # 40, I believe he will make better contact as he’s not swinging for the fences. I truly hope he understands he doesn’t need to press for the steals! We’ve seen him get two in a game as well as 3 or 4 in a series. So I think he makes it. I’d love to see him go on a tear at the plate and remain hot through the playoffs.

That's been done 63 times already, he's the 64th to have that in a season. 40/40 has only been done 4 times ever.

Quote Originally Posted by SB75 View Post

Even though a 30/30 is awesome, there´s a bunch of players with that mark in the history of baseball, that´s not the case for a 40/40, you will be remembered if you get to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    That's been done 63 times already, he's the 64th to have that in a season. 40/40 has only been done 4 times ever.
    Please read all before responding.

I hate when fans minimize accomplishments. “63 times already”. 63 out of 150 seasons of MLB. 43 different players I think. So please don’t act like it’s a small feet. I get your point at 40/40 being the more rare feet, just didn’t like the “already” like 30/30 is no big deal. Just my opinion though.

But my question still remains. He didn’t have a hiccup at 30/30, why is 40/40 creating this huge struggle? I would think for a player this young, the first major hurtle at 30/30 would have been greater. Simply because it’s that first huge mile stone. As my post indicated, I believe it’s more than just the 40/40. Media attention can also be added to my list.

Do you think he gets it?

Quote Originally Posted by beldugo View Post
    Even though a 30/30 is awesome, there´s a bunch of players with that mark in the history of baseball, that´s not the case for a 40/40, you will be remembered if you get to it.
    Please read above post.

I get it. The first guy without the steroid cloud hanging over his head to do it. If you don’t believe Soriano was clean.

When he hit 30/30 did any news outlet even run a story about it? When the list of people that did it is 43 people long it's hard to get excited about it. (No-hitters are some reason in a different realm than any other game/season accomplishment, I think mostly being it's the greatest thing a pitcher can do). Plus take into the fact he himself said he wanted to get 40/40 at like the all-star break, he set this goal so of course he wants to meet it. When a accomplishment has so few names that you can name them all it's pretty damn impressive. But again I don't think this is about the media or fan fare, it's just something he sat out to do and wants to do it.

I think 40/40 has created some “struggle” for two reasons:

1) Acuna made that his goal. You see this in sports all the time. It takes years for people to break 4:00 in the mile, then the flood gates open. And those individuals close to 4:00 have multiple failed attempts, mostly due to mental, not physical, barriers.

2) Media hype. 30/30 got almost none; 40/40 has gotten much more. This creates a lot more stress. Acuna is probably answer questions about it almost everyday. He probably barely answered questions about 30/30 until he had already passed it.

Those two metal factors undoubtedly have caused physical struggles. That is the reality of sports.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Wrench View Post
    When he hit 30/30 did any news outlet even run a story about it? When the list of people that did it is 43 people long it's hard to get excited about it. (No-hitters are some reason in a different realm than any other game/season accomplishment, I think mostly being it's the greatest thing a pitcher can do). Plus take into the fact he himself said he wanted to get 40/40 at like the all-star break, he set this goal so of course he wants to meet it. When a accomplishment has so few names that you can name them all it's pretty damn impressive. But again I don't think this is about the media or fan fare, it's just something he sat out to do and wants to do it.
    Yes MLB network

If you’re don’t think 43 out of the thousands and thousands of players that played in the mlb is exciting, I just don’t know what to say about that.

And 43 out of thousands is rare company.... I think you are seriously diminishing the accomplishment of 30/30...... We are talking well under 0.06 percent of players to play this game have accomplished that feet. Just my opinion though.

I didn't say it wasn't a great accomplishment, just said when you can list the guys who have 40/40 seasons on one hand it's vastly more impressive.

Worried about our bench now, we've got depth but nobody I really trust like I would Culberson from the right hand side. Wouldn't be surprised if we carry 3 catchers in the postseason so we can use Flowers are our primary right-handed PH over Duvall or Hech (assuming Riley starts).

If we carry 6 position players on the bench (again assuming Riley starts), I think they're definitely Hech, Flowers, Duvall, Inciarte, and Joyce for 5. The question is whether the 6th is Ortega, Hamilton, or a catcher (Cervelli). I think most would agree Ortega is the odd man out, the question is whether we'd want Hamilton's speed or Cervelli so we can be aggressive with our pinch hitters. I'd prefer the latter.

Back to back NL East champs!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2019 Vikings Draft :