Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 22303132
    What a terrible umpire we have this sunday night baseball, Fried "walked three" McCann had a few words with that man wearing blue.

Quote Originally Posted by flea View Post
    I think Touki should work as a multi-inning reliever all year. If he's a starter sometime in the future fine but we need relief help and he's got stuff that could be potentially elite in the pen. I feel the same about Gohara when he comes around.

If injuries force one of them to stretch out that's one thing but if we can't find 5 starters between Teheran, Folty, Gausman, Fried, Soroka, Wilson, Newcomb, and Allard then we need to be working the trade market rather than hoping 2-pitch young guys like Gohara and Touki can give us 150+ quality innings.
    I agree, Touki will have days like last night in the bullpen though, he's a guy that when he's on is great but when is not, is pretty much over before the game even start.

Quote Originally Posted by beldugo View Post
    I agree, Touki will have days like last night in the bullpen though, he's a guy that when he's on is great but when is not, is pretty much over before the game even start.
    I wouldn’t want Touki in the pen. Too risky. If he doesn’t have it that day we know the results can be disastrous. I’d rather keep him AAA starting and working on his craft.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2018 Vikings Draft :
    Round 1: Mike Hughes CB UCF
    Round 2: Brian O'Neill OT Pittsburgh
    Round 4: Jalyn Holmes DE Ohio State
    Round 5: Tyler Conklin TE Central Michigan
    Round 5: Daniel Carlson K Auburn
    Round 6: Colby Gossett G Appalachian State
    Round 6: Ade Aruna DE Tulane
    Round 7: Devante Downs LB California

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    I wouldn’t want Touki in the pen. Too risky. If he doesn’t have it that day we know the results can be disastrous. I’d rather keep him AAA starting and working on his craft.

I agree with this. One bad inning and he knows he can go out there again and correct his stuff. In AAA the is no need to have such a quick trigger to pull him out either. He can have more flexibility to fix mistakes in game. Def don't like a guy with big command issues in the bullpen since he only gets an inning or two at a time to work out the kinks.

MLB rotation should be: Folty, Gausman, JT, Fried and Soroka. That makes the most sense for now, IMO. If JT can't get it going then we can always move him to long relief and bring up one of the young guns (Allard, Wright, Gohara, Touki, etc.).

That was a nice series win too after out meltdowns against Arizona. Time to start getting some momentum though. With how talented our division is, we need to take advantage of our non-NL East opponents this year. Cincinnati and Colorado on tap this week.

2018 Vikings Draft :

If Max indeed becomes the Ace and Folty can return to what he was last season, that opens up endless options that we can do with the rest of our young pitchers. Including trades and BP options.

2018 Vikings Draft :

Well, there are a few reasons this may be true.

- One of the largest mph differences between his fastball and secondary pitch. Like 18.6 mph difference.

- If He locates his fastball, his off-speed pitches are really effective. And his location has been really good.

- His curveball is a big time out pitch. It has swing-and-miss ability’s, but is also really hard to hit hard.

Fried has looked really good. I am sure he will see his hiccups, but his stuff is pretty good, but with the control he has shown it becomes really good.

Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 22303132