Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 113 of 121 FirstFirst ... 1363103111112113114115 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,695 of 1810
    Dayum...what a game. Surely wasn't feeling confident with Folty up against De'grom but the bravos stepped up to the challenge. Awesome awesome game.

For the pitching to step it up like that when the offense is getting dominated..wow how does that not get you excited?

Play-off type game and we were every bit ready for it.

Quote Originally Posted by BRAVE KID View Post
    Dayum...what a game. Surely wasn't feeling confident with Folty up against De'grom but the bravos stepped up to the challenge. Awesome awesome game.

For the pitching to step it up like that when the offense is getting dominated..wow how does that not get you excited?

Play-off type game and we were every bit ready for it.
    It was truly one heck of a game, Folty and the bullpen save our ***** last night, it felt well to say that. There were some really questionable moves by Snitker, like keeping Swarzak for too long, using Newcomb for just one inning, burning Culberson as a pinch hitter for a sac bunt, the fact that we tie a major league record of strikeouts and Billy Hamilton and Hechavarria as the stars of the offense...the whole night was remarkable.

In the end we won the Degrom's game, so a sweep is possible.

Quote Originally Posted by beldugo View Post
    It was truly one heck of a game, Folty and the bullpen save our ***** last night, it felt well to say that. There were some really questionable moves by Snitker, like keeping Swarzak for too long, using Newcomb for just one inning, burning Culberson as a pinch hitter for a sac bunt, the fact that we tie a major league record of strikeouts and Billy Hamilton and Hechavarria as the stars of the offense...the whole night was remarkable.

In the end we won the Degrom's game, so a sweep is possible.
    And we made a game up on the Dodgers too...

Quote Originally Posted by Mamba42 View Post
    And we made a game up on the Dodgers too...
    Call me crazy, but id rather be the 2 seed and face the winner of the central. I want nothing to do with the Mets or Nationals pitching staffs in the playoffs lol.

Cervelli signed a major league deal. Jackson optioned to AAA and Grant Dayton moved to the 60 day DL. Cervelli is active tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2019 Vikings Draft :
    Round 1: Garrett Bradbury C N.C. State
    Round 2: Irv Smith TE Alabama
    Round 3: Alex Mattison RB Boise State
    Round 4: Dru Samia G Oklahoma
    Round 5: Cameron Smith LB USC
    Round 6: Armon Watts DT Arkansas
    Round 6: Marcus Epps S Wyoming
    Round 6: Oli Udoh OT Elon
    Round 7: Kris Boyd CB Texas
    Round 7: Dillon Mitchell WR Oregon
    Round 7: Olabisi Johnson WR Colorado State
    Round 7: Austin Cutting LS Air Force

Cervelli is an upgrade over Jackson so it's a great add. Soild vet to add to the team.

Cervelli contributes 2 hits and 2 RBIs in his first 2 ABs.

Can't wait til the day when Max Fried really figures it out. He's got really good stuff, just hasn't figured out how to really be consistent with it yet.

5-4 now.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamba42 View Post
    Can't wait til the day when Max Fried really figures it out. He's got really good stuff, just hasn't figured out how to really be consistent with it yet.

5-4 now.
    My guess is next year will be a good indication of who he will be moving forward. He only had 9 ML starts before 2019. He has shown some really good things this year, he just needs some consistency.

That said, he has a 3.89 ERA with a 3.79 FIP (before today’s game). He and Soroka are exciting for this club.

Did we seriously just get an upgrade at the catcher's spot in the end of august? Cause Cervelli was one of the games best catchers just last year.

Also, it's mandatory that every new Brave makes an impact. Hech, Hamilton, and Cervelli have all immediately made their presence felt. Tack on Ortega and his grand slam against the Dodgers and game tying hit tonight...oh yea...this club is feeling it.

Quote Originally Posted by BRAVE KID View Post
    Did we seriously just get an upgrade at the catcher's spot in the end of august? Cause Cervelli was one of the games best catchers just last year.

Also, it's mandatory that every new Brave makes an impact. Hech, Hamilton, and Cervelli have all immediately made their presence felt. Tack on Ortega and his grand slam against the Dodgers and game tying hit tonight...oh yea...this club is feeling it.
    We just did, I won't be surprised if Cervelli is in fact our best C option the rest of the year.

On a side note, just saw that Kolby Allard pitched 6.1 scoreless yesterday against the White Sox with no walks and 8 strikeouts, couldn't believe it so I watched some highlights....oh boy, fastball was touching 93-94 a cutter that was 88-90 good movement and his always good changeup. Besides the changeup he never showed that with the Braves, Martin has righted the ship since coming here but if that's the real Allard we sold him short.

We beat the Mets again, sweep them in his home park, the bullpen even though allowed a run today has been awesome and it couldn't happen at a better time.

The offense overall hasn't been great for the past 4-5 games besides hitting homers, we've been out hit plenty and still have an 8 game winning streak.

Swanson is probably activated tomorrow and Markakis is probably two weeks away. This team is awesome.

Braves win again. They are on fire right now. Melancon made it close but we got the win in the end nonetheless.

Donaldson with a big game. Ditto with Keuchel.

Also, I forgot to quote the post, but you may be right in the Braves wanting the second seed. I wouldn't be too afraid of the Mets but I definitely prefer the Cubs/Cards to the Nats.

I am beginning to think that Donaldson will be really hard to lose next year. Teams simply don’t want to deal with ATL’s 1-4 (doesn’t matter if Albies or Swanson are hiring second).

I was critical of the Donaldson signing, but I think AA works really hard to keep him in the offseason. This lineup looks really good as follows:

Acuna - RF
    Swanson - SS
    Freeman -1B
    Donaldson - 3B
    Riley - LF
    Albies - 2B
    Catcher
    Inciarte - CF

That is a WS contender lineup and defense.

Also, could Dallas be rounding in to form at a better time? If he can keep pitching the way his last few starts have gone - watch out! 19 innings, 21 aka, 1 ER. If he can go toe-to-toe with other teams Ace, Soroka, Fried, and Folty should be exciting as the series goes one. That means ATLs number one last year (Folty) is this year’s #4 in the playoffs.

Swanson is expected to be activated before tomorrow’s game.

2019 Vikings Draft :
    Round 1: Garrett Bradbury C N.C. State
    Round 2: Irv Smith TE Alabama
    Round 3: Alex Mattison RB Boise State
    Round 4: Dru Samia G Oklahoma
    Round 5: Cameron Smith LB USC
    Round 6: Armon Watts DT Arkansas
    Round 6: Marcus Epps S Wyoming
    Round 6: Oli Udoh OT Elon
    Round 7: Kris Boyd CB Texas
    Round 7: Dillon Mitchell WR Oregon