Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 112 of 120 FirstFirst ... 1262102110111112113114 ... LastLast
Results 1,666 to 1,680 of 1794
    Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    Two wild pitches puts the winning run at 3rd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Donaldson not paying attention didn't help much.

Damn that 0-2 pitch was a strike.

So that strike call to Freddie was not a strike at all for Newcomb lol

I get the strike zone being fluid from ump to ump, but it should be consistent for the game. Too often it's not

It does not help us that the bottom half of our lineup is brutal right now. Really need our guys to get healthy

Huh, I would have gone with Newcomb for another inning. Snit making some odd choices tonight

Guys like Ortega and Duvall continue to stink. I donít see why Waters isnít given a shot. Who cares how much heís played at AAA. He canít be any worse than the guys weíve been throwing out there lately.

2019 Vikings Draft :
    Round 1: Garrett Bradbury C N.C. State
    Round 2: Irv Smith TE Alabama
    Round 3: Alex Mattison RB Boise State
    Round 4: Dru Samia G Oklahoma
    Round 5: Cameron Smith LB USC
    Round 6: Armon Watts DT Arkansas
    Round 6: Marcus Epps S Wyoming
    Round 6: Oli Udoh OT Elon
    Round 7: Kris Boyd CB Texas
    Round 7: Dillon Mitchell WR Oregon
    Round 7: Olabisi Johnson WR Colorado State
    Round 7: Austin Cutting LS Air Force

Quote Originally Posted by Mamba42 View Post
    It does not help us that the bottom half of our lineup is brutal right now. Really need our guys to get healthy
    Some good news today, Swanson is on target to rejoin the team on Monday, Markakis is ahead of schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by beldugo View Post
    Some good news today, Swanson is on target to rejoin the team on Monday, Markakis is ahead of schedule.
    Riley began his rehab assignment today too.

2019 Vikings Draft :

Quote Originally Posted by Coach100 View Post
    Flowers has not been good this year. That said, I also do not agree with the following statement.

First off, who says Flowers was suppose to be the #1? Did you base that off salary? I never saw anything suggesting playing Flowers over McCann was the plan. It was always a platoon situation. And one that favors McCann getting more playing time because he is a LH bat, meaning he should play more often since there are more RH starters. And that has been the case this year.

McCann - 73 games, 274 PAs, 239 ABs
    Flowers - 67 games, 245 PAs, 219 ABs

That is certainly not a drastic difference in playing time. And Flowers has had to get a fair amount of ABs against RHP to keep those totals close to even. McCann has only had over 10 ABs more than Flowers in one month (July), but McCann didn't really get more ABs than he was otherwise getting, Flowers just got less. I think the extra rest from the AS break and Flowers struggles allowed Snit to play McCann a bit more in July, which makes sense because he was playing better.

Has McCann been better than Flowers this year - absolutely. But the idea that McCann some how took the job from Flowers due to Flowers being so horrible is just not backed by stats/facts. They have received fairly even playing time over the year, which was the plan all along with two aging catchers. Flowers was also a platoon player with Suzuki the last 3 years, suggesting even further that ATL never viewed him as a "#1".

Lastly on Flowers - or defensive metrics - I agree they are flawed. All defensive metrics are flawed because they are highly subjective; I think Catcher is the hardest to get right. I don't think they are useless, but they are certainly flawed.

As for Alex Jackson, I agree his future in ATL is not looking good. His defense is not going to carry him and his K-rate is beyond worrisome. I just don't see how ATL will use him, or protect him on the 40 man roster, moving forward.

Moving forward I find the catcher position very troubling. First, ATL does not have any prospect even close to MLB ready right now that shows much (or any) promise. The FA market is crap in 2020, except possibly Grandal who has a mutual option for next year. My guess is Grandal opts out as the FA Catcher market is so bad, plus he will not have a draft pick attached to him, meaning that he is almost assured of getting paid this year. If ATL doesn't go after Grandal (if he is available), then they will almost have to look at the trade market for a candidate. I do not think ATL can keep moving forward with these aging platoon catchers.

I would actually be in favor of going after Grandal. I was last year as well. He is solid defensively and a very good (.800+ OPS) hitter. I will do another post reflecting how the money for Grandal could work into ATL's budget moving forward separate from this one.
    I honestly donít feel like going back and checking, but I based it off me noticing that flowers seemed to have the majority of the starts early on. That than flip flopped. I could be wrong, but thatís how I remember the beginning of the season. Thatís all I meant. I didnít mean that it was ever stated about being number one, just it seemed to start out that way.

Triple by Hechavarria!! Need to get that run in too.

Wow that's a huge break for the Mets, the ball stuck for a bit in the pad of the wall. Second and third and no outs for Ortega.

Ortega struck out on ball 4

26 Kís lol Albies should have walked on 4 pitches.

2019 Vikings Draft :

Letís be honest. The Braves had no business winning this game but Iíll take it.

2019 Vikings Draft :