Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 107 of 120 FirstFirst ... 75797105106107108109117 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,605 of 1794
    The pen really just went 4 innings without giving up a run. It was ALL smooth too (Swarzak has some baserunner on but no biggie in the 6th) Martin/Greene/Melancon all looked comfortable up there and handled it with ease.

We really just took a series from the dodgers....without Acuna for half the game AND without Freeman recording a single hit in this series. Though they were sitting some guys too...

That...is something awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by vtgriff09 View Post
    Acuna is always hustling and plays his tail off, odd to get pulled for not hustling. I do like keeping him humble, but he is not a slacker
    Just pimping his shot. He didn't get all of it...but he thought he did so he was flexing. There was really no excuse why he shouldn't be on 2nd base.

Hindsight makes Snit look like a genius (since we eventually won the game anyway)...but I wouldn't have pulled him...especially since we're trying to win a series against a team we haven't took a series from in 6 years.

It is what it is...we won the series. Off day tomorrow. Reflect, refocus, get on a run.

Happy with the series win over the Dodgers for sure. Great job. Especially overcoming all of these injuries. Just keep winning

Shoutout to Ortega and Hecchalonglastname.

Ortega hit EVERYTHING on a line today. He was about as locked in as you can get. That grand slam was no fluke...all of his at-bats were missles..that one was finally not right at someone.

Andy H. made plays at SS that Culberson/Carmago would of certainly botched. They weren't exactly routine either. Had a great series getting on base as well...multiple hits today.

Fried rebounded in a major way after the first.

It's crazy to think that Freeman didn't record a single hit in this series...and we still were able to win it..against the Dodgers of all teams.

If this doesn't get the braves and fans fired up going forward then nothing will. Seriously one bad inning from newk away from a sweep. Hopefully we build on it and put this division away.

I donít want to be the Debbie downer but the Dodgers team weíll face in the playoffs will be much more difficult. In a playoff series I highly doubt we see May pitching. Plus, the Dodgers played without Kiki Herandez, Verdugo, and Chris Taylor. Iíll gladly take this series win, especially when you consider how the bullpen pitched the last two nights. But I donít feel any more confident in beating the Dodgers in a playoff series. Hopefully Markakis, Riley, and Swanson can get healthy very soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2019 Vikings Draft :
    Round 1: Garrett Bradbury C N.C. State
    Round 2: Irv Smith TE Alabama
    Round 3: Alex Mattison RB Boise State
    Round 4: Dru Samia G Oklahoma
    Round 5: Cameron Smith LB USC
    Round 6: Armon Watts DT Arkansas
    Round 6: Marcus Epps S Wyoming
    Round 6: Oli Udoh OT Elon
    Round 7: Kris Boyd CB Texas
    Round 7: Dillon Mitchell WR Oregon
    Round 7: Olabisi Johnson WR Colorado State
    Round 7: Austin Cutting LS Air Force

Quote Originally Posted by vikingsfan0845 View Post
    I donít want to be the Debbie downer but the Dodgers team weíll face in the playoffs will be much more difficult. In a playoff series I highly doubt we see May pitching. Plus, the Dodgers played without Kiki Herandez, Verdugo, and Chris Taylor. Iíll gladly take this series win, especially when you consider how the bullpen pitched the last two nights. But I donít feel any more confident in beating the Dodgers in a playoff series. Hopefully Markakis, Riley, and Swanson can get healthy very soon.

As you pointed out both teams are not healthy. It's baseball. But we didn't face two of their three best pitches but we did win vs one of them in Ryu.

On the Acuna benching - I say good for Snit. The fact that it was the Dodgers makes me like it even more. If Acuna canít stay focused and play hard at all times in mid-Aug during the rubber match with the best team in the NL, a message needs to be sent. On top of that, this team is down 3 regulars and Acuna needs to be leading this team, not watching could-be HRs almost leave the park. His lack of hustle cut short what could have been a big inning. After his lack of hustle he tried to steal a base to ďmake upĒ for it and got thrown out. So now ATL had one out and one runner on instead of no outs and two on.

I agree that Acuna almost always hustles and is a spark plug for this team. That said, he failed in that today by his own choice(s). I have no problem with Snit sending the message that Acuna canít take his foot off the gas. He is too important to this team to lose focus and/or not give his all.

And with how many people on this forum argued a few months ago that games in Aug/Sept or more important than games in Apr/May, I would think most here would support Snit in making sure Acuna stays totally focused and on-point as the season heats up.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach100 View Post
    On the Acuna benching - I say good for Snit. The fact that it was the Dodgers makes me like it even more. If Acuna canít stay focused and play hard at all times in mid-Aug during the rubber match with the best team in the NL, a message needs to be sent. On top of that, this team is down 3 regulars and Acuna needs to be leading this team, not watching could-be HRs almost leave the park. His lack of hustle cut short what could have been a big inning. After his lack of hustle he tried to steal a base to ďmake upĒ for it and got thrown out. So now ATL had one out and one runner on instead of no outs and two on.

I agree that Acuna almost always hustles and is a spark plug for this team. That said, he failed in that today by his own choice(s). I have no problem with Snit sending the message that Acuna canít take his foot off the gas. He is too important to this team to lose focus and/or not give his all.

And with how many people on this forum argued a few months ago that games in Aug/Sept or more important than games in Apr/May, I would think most here would support Snit in making sure Acuna stays totally focused and on-point as the season heats up.

I agree, is better that it happened now and not at some point in the playoffs or in a more critical game late in the season, I'm pretty sure that moment will stay in AcuŮa's head and he'll probably remember it anytime he wants to pimp a homer.

Baseball is an unbelievable sport, Rafael Ortega with a game winning grand slam, as BK said he was locked in, everything was scorched, in fact I feel like we were unlucky today, there were a lot hard it balls right at someone.

We faced a really though week, a red hot Mets and the best team in the NL and ended up 4-2 winning both series, we are for real.

Acuna getting pulled reminds me of when Cox pulled Andruw Jones. Also, Acuna didn't bust it out of the box on a ball off the wall against the Mets, and ended up with just a single. So, I I think snit said ok, I need to send a message to the kid

Quote Originally Posted by BraveWorld23 View Post
    Acuna getting pulled reminds me of when Cox pulled Andruw Jones. Also, Acuna didn't bust it out of the box on a ball off the wall against the Mets, and ended up with just a single. So, I I think snit said ok, I need to send a message to the kid
    This is inline with what I was thinking.

AA must read this forum. He claimed Billy Hamilton today.

2019 Vikings Draft :
    Round 1: Garrett Bradbury C N.C. State
    Round 2: Irv Smith TE Alabama
    Round 3: Alex Mattison RB Boise State
    Round 4: Dru Samia G Oklahoma
    Round 5: Cameron Smith LB USC
    Round 6: Armon Watts DT Arkansas
    Round 6: Marcus Epps S Wyoming
    Round 6: Oli Udoh OT Elon
    Round 7: Kris Boyd CB Texas
    Round 7: Dillon Mitchell WR Oregon
    Round 7: Olabisi Johnson WR Colorado State
    Round 7: Austin Cutting LS Air Force

I called that lol. Gives you elite D and a great pinch runner. Can really help us in the late game.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

If ATL fields a lineup that has Hechy, Hamilton, and a pitcher and the defense wonít matter. They both play good to great defense, but can barely muster a positive WAR. T offense is going to be real weak if both of those bats play with any regularity.

Desperate times I guess...