Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Yeah....I don't think you can go into a game and declare 4 guys are unavailable tonight. I don't have any actual data on this but the eye test seems to be anymore that starters just don't go as deep into games as they used to. It feels like guys barely get out of the 6th anymore consistently. Like you look up in the 5th and a guys already got 85 pitches. I don't know if today's pitchers are just nibbling so much more and running up deep counts or what.....or maybe there's data to suggest it's been that way for awhile. But to me it just seems like starters just don't make it deep into games anymore. That for sure adds extra innings of load through the week...but still can't have all your main guys unavailable at the same time.......you can't always manage games to make sure everyone is load managed for September because you may not make it there. I understand thinking you'd like to rest Neris tonight...........but at the point that it's 2-1 in the ninth and you have a chance to win then you you have alter the plan and go for it.

Yeah I had zero confidence there. Pen needs to throw strikes. Too many walks.
    2011 PSD Phillies Forum HOF Inductee

Harry, I grew up with the phillies and learned the game by your voice. You will always be missed but never forgotten. Though you are no longer with us, you'll never be "outta here" in our hearts!

Coil still has a good FB.

Another crappy loss. This offense needs to unify. Lots of LOB. Gotta getting more scoring going. Too good for this.

Harry, I grew up with the phillies and learned the game by your voice. You will always be missed but never forgotten. Though you are no longer with us, you'll never be "outta here" in our hearts!

We were hitting of Coil, We got lots of hits, as you pointed out the problem was not hitting with runners on base.

Cole Irvin sent down, Drew Anderson called up, you guys think he returns for his next start?

Authentic Phillies, Eagles , Sixers fan

"Do not scorn a weak cub, he may become a brutal tiger"

Just another pen arm. Watch for jd hammer soon

Harper reminds me of Howard sometimes 😅, strikes out too much, maybe we should have gone for Manny.

Nah Harper will be better imo. Plus that would have moved Franco. Also would have made the line up too right hand dominant. He goes through these spells. When he is on youíll forget these days. Hopefully soon

Quote Originally Posted by papirico52 View Post
    We were hitting of Coil, We got lots of hits, as you pointed out the problem was not hitting with runners on base.

Cole Irvin sent down, Drew Anderson called up, you guys think he returns for his next start?
    I would say Cole will be brought back up for his start. Just playing shuffle games to keep a fresh arm in the bullpen. in three starts he's been pretty good. Got touched for two big bombs in the last game but overall he should be given a chance for another start to see where he goes.

Quote Originally Posted by papirico52 View Post
    Harper reminds me of Howard sometimes 😅, strikes out too much, maybe we should have gone for Manny.
    For as bad as Harper has been, he has still been better than Machado offensively so far this year. Harper is the definition of a hot-cold hitter. He will have months where he can't hit anything but still seeing pitches and walking which will give him value. He will also have months where he is one of the best hitters in baseball.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567