Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Quote Originally Posted by lbz88 View Post
    They need to do something about this whole team. They need at least 1 more quality starter if not 2. Hopefully Robertson, Hunter, and Arano coming back fixes the bullpen. Also need some players to step it up at the plate.
    Seems like we've had too many times where we've come up far too empty on the offensive side...we can't keep scoring 1 run and expect to win a whole lot. Harper is just K'ing too much.......honestly like to see them make a minor switch to Segura, Harper, Cutch as the 1,2,3 just to tweak the mentality a little for a different look.

herrera is awful

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    herrera is awful
    I am definitely not a fan of his either. I wished they had traded him in the off season. If Roman Quinn wasn't so injury prone I'd much rather they go with him. At this point I'd almost rather put Cutch in CF and roll Williams in left.

Cole Irvin with a very solid MLB debut going 7 strong.

I saw the game, he was poised, although he never got into trouble which is good, he reacted very well when he had runners on base, his stuff is not gonna blow anyone away but he has good slider that he throws for strikes and can move the ball pretty good, don't know if he will stick around, hope he does.
    Last edited by papirico52; 05-13-2019 at 01:20 PM.

Authentic Phillies, Eagles , Sixers fan

"Do not scorn a weak cub, he may become a brutal tiger"

What do u guys think about Kingery playing CF?

Harper seems to be breaking out of the slump.
    Last edited by papirico52; Yesterday at 07:12 PM. Reason: Typo

I don't like the idea of Kingery in the outfield period. This 'experiment' is like that of Hoskins last season. It doesn't work. To me Kingery is a natural second base or shortstop.

Quote Originally Posted by papirico52 View Post
    What do u guys think about Kingery praying CF?

Harper seems to be breaking out of the slump.
    I'm good with trying it. He's a good athlete and should be a capable outfielder. Odubel is no defensive gem out there so it's not like we are getting Willy Mays help for our pitchers anyway. Odubel is too prone to the subtle gaffes of the game. They don't show up in the boxscore and make his stats look bad but it's things that don't help you win games.. Poor base running, running bad routes to balls in the OF and way too many undisciplined AB's where he flails at pitches and buries himself in bad counts or hitting pitchers pitches early in the count. Now I know Odubel has had his share of success and typically maintains some OK numbers so I'm not totally dumping on the guy, he has value. But in the long run.....Kingery is a baseball player and Odubel is a guy that plays baseball. In the long run the former will help you make the difference in winning games in a stretch run or playoffs without having to get a hit.......the latter doesn't possess that skill set.

So yeah........I'm good with trying this out right now and seeing what it looks like.

Quote Originally Posted by Hatch View Post
    I'm good with trying it. He's a good athlete and should be a capable outfielder. Odubel is no defensive gem out there so it's not like we are getting Willy Mays help for our pitchers anyway. Odubel is too prone to the subtle gaffes of the game. They don't show up in the boxscore and make his stats look bad but it's things that don't help you win games.. Poor base running, running bad routes to balls in the OF and way too many undisciplined AB's where he flails at pitches and buries himself in bad counts or hitting pitchers pitches early in the count. Now I know Odubel has had his share of success and typically maintains some OK numbers so I'm not totally dumping on the guy, he has value. But in the long run.....Kingery is a baseball player and Odubel is a guy that plays baseball. In the long run the former will help you make the difference in winning games in a stretch run or playoffs without having to get a hit.......the latter doesn't possess that skill set.

So yeah........I'm good with trying this out right now and seeing what it looks like.
    Completely agree, I like Scotty and he is a baseball player with good instincts, he is young and hungry, Odubel thinks he already made it with his deal I guess. Perhaps he is just dumb.
    Last edited by papirico52; Yesterday at 07:11 PM.

kapler is the worst at managing a bull pen i have ever seen... this game was hilarious... Why does he have so much ****ing faith in dominguez exactly? Why did he hold morgan out until we already ****ed up the lead???? He will give Anthony 2 innings or try anyhow but neris couldnt come in in the 8th as soon as anthony walked a guy and then 2? On top of this the most unforgivable thing outside of the bull pen was the fact when fronco was on 2nd... kingery was up..... he choose to not pinch run for franco with a much faster player and let kingery end up playing 3rd.... had we had any other normal base hit fronco wouldnt have scored... awful awful coaching performance tonight

Quote Originally Posted by Kobe1016 View Post
    I don't like the idea of Kingery in the outfield period. This 'experiment' is like that of Hoskins last season. It doesn't work. To me Kingery is a natural second base or shortstop.
    Herrera is so awful hitting at this point it needs to happen... the announcers were shocked because he is up there guessing and swinging... i would love kingery at 3rd or 2nd but he has played the outfield before... We could always move Cutch over and put kinger in his spot... Herrera is awful man... there is no experiment he is unplayable.

Could Hernandez play CF? That would put Kingery at his natural position 2B.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456