Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Cards and Cubs are both projected for 87 wins right now (Fangraphs)

Brewers 82, Pirates 80, Reds 79

I'm still more focused on the Cubs than the Brewers.

We get our first look at the Cubs (in Chicago) the first weekend in May I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    I still think Gomber has the stuff to be a mid rotation guy and be just as good as Dallas Keuchel is right now.
    okay then go get Givens from Baltimore and Smith from SF and run a 3 man rotation in the playoffs and do what the Indians did a few years ago and what the Brewers did last year and rely on your bullpen which would be epic with:

hicks
    martinez
    miller
    brebbia
    smith
    givens
    helsley
    maybe even reyes

if your starter is doing well, ride it out. if its a close game and a guy gets on in the fourth inning, unleash the beast that would be the bullpen. with all the days off in the playoffs between games there is no harm in riding it all the way to where you want to end up at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Farty Farts View Post
    okay then go get Givens from Baltimore and Smith from SF and run a 3 man rotation in the playoffs and do what the Indians did a few years ago and what the Brewers did last year and rely on your bullpen which would be epic with:

hicks
    martinez
    miller
    brebbia
    smith
    givens
    helsley
    maybe even reyes

if your starter is doing well, ride it out. if its a close game and a guy gets on in the fourth inning, unleash the beast that would be the bullpen. with all the days off in the playoffs between games there is no harm in riding it all the way to where you want to end up at the end.
    I don't object at all

im not here to gloat but i was harping for the cardinals to get bellinger when there was some smoke, be it light that the dodgers could have moved him this past winter.

im not ripping on dejong but for everything hes doing here which is great in year three, bellinger is the best hitter in baseball right now and its not even a debate.hard to imagine him keeping this pace all year but hes on pace for 60 bombs, 160 rbi and a war of 16.8

im not here to gloat but i was harping for the cardinals to get bellinger when there was some smoke, be it light that the dodgers could have moved him this past winter.

im not ripping on dejong but for everything hes doing here which is great in year three, bellinger is the best hitter in baseball right now and its not even a debate.hard to imagine him keeping this pace all year but hes on pace for 60 bombs, 160 rbi and a war of 16.8
    Nobody objected to getting Bellinger, it's that what you were suggesting we offer they would never have taken

Him being a prim-a-donna isn't why I wouldn't want him. It's the no hustle, while not being enough of an upgrade. Players who don't hustle do not age well.

You just aren't throwing out realistic options.

Think about what the Dodgers would want.

1. They have too many outfielders, so they don't want outfielders back for him.

2. They don't need a shortstop either.

What they do want, are upgrades.

They want upgrades over their current options.

For example, they have 9 outfielders and like 13 starters.

So unless you are giving them a clear cut, best option at either slot, they don't want to give up Bellinger for any of it.

Example, Corey Kluber or Bryce Harper.

They have one of the best young shortstops in the game in Seager. And while they could use a second basemen, DeJong isn't really that upgrade for them when they could easily just sign DJ.

Baltimore has the second most cheap home runs in baseball, behind only Yankee stadium.

Machado would struggle coming here trying to hit in Busch all year.

hittrackeronline.com is no longer working, but when it did, Machado paced the league in home runs that barely left the yard. And they were mostly in Camden (where his OPS is 100 points higher).

Machado is a physical freak and a beast of a future ball player, since he's only 26 the upside is there. But to tap into that upside, he's going to need to be willing to work at it and become the Johnny Be Hustle he says he isn't. Otherwise, he is forced to become a first basemen eventually who only carries a 120 wRC+ bat. That has no value in this league.

Also, it drives me absolutely ****ing nuts that he won't work on his defense at shorstop. He wants to play shortstop in the big leagues with his next team, but won't work at it. He lacks so many fundamentals at shortstop, Ozzie would lose his **** if he was a Cardinal playing short. I'm so sick of him rounding balls. It's the kind of **** they fix in you at 12.

We def don't.

We have one of the best offenses in the NL, and we just added Paul Goldschmidt

We don't NEED another bat. We could certainly use an offensive upgrade if there is one out there. But we NEED bullpen help.

This offense could score 7 per game, but if the bullpen gives it away every night, it's pointless.
    I don't see the Dodgers moving him unless it's to get a TORP or a middle of the order hitter.

The Dodgers have some of the best depth in baseball, and they have redundancies abound.

In order to move a good, young, cost controlled player. They will want someone who is an upgrade and everyday starter at one of those positions.

The only position that isn't filled right now in 2019 for them is second base (and Muncy looked pretty good last year), and they have a ton of player they can move around to make that work.

I don't see why they would move Bellinger, unless it's for a big time upgrade.

Even if they signed Harper, Bellinger would likely be their OD 1B.

C - Barnes/Grandal if brought back
    1B - Bellinger
    2B - Muncy
    3B - Turner
    SS - Seager
    LF - Harper
    CF - Taylor
    RF - Puig

Bench
    OF - Pederson
    OF - Kemp

I don't see the need to move him.

The Dodgers were not moving Bellinger.

I think the Cardinals should trade Dexter Fowler and Jose Martinez to the Yankees for Aaron Judge....

Quote Originally Posted by Obabikon View Post

I think the Cardinals should trade Dexter Fowler and Jose Martinez to the Yankees for Aaron Judge....
    Cards need to ask for Torres and more, completely one-sided trade offer

For the Dodgers to have moved Bellinger, it would meant an ace like Kluber+top prospects. They weren't in need to trade Bellinger.

We would have needed to trade Martinez, Gorman, and probably Torres to get it done.

And on top of that… The Dodgers were trying to save money. So they weren’t going to move Belanger it makes no sense. They were trying to move contracts, which is what they did.

this offense is like the cubs last year, all or nothing. if we aint hitting homers or blowing our load in one game we absolutely suck on offense.

Quote Originally Posted by Obabikon View Post

thats the dumbest thing anyone has ever said, its not dumb because its sarcasm its dumb because you likely dont even know judge isnt playing right now.

thats the dumbest thing anyone has ever said, its not dumb because its sarcasm its dumb because you likely dont even know judge isnt playing right now.
    You suggested we trade for Bellinger, and give them DeJong as the centerpiece. none of that made any sense.

You suggested we trade for Bellinger, and give them DeJong as the centerpiece. none of that made any sense.
    given the seasons both had last year it absolutely made sense. doesnt mean it would happen. if you wait for it to happen then you cant talk about it before and you cant say after one is having a great year and the other is having an all-time great year (start) that it makes no sense now. hindsight is 20/20 and has nothing to do with what happened after it.

The point was… It was not going to happen. The Dodgers were not wanting to move Belanger. They wanted to move contracts, and lower their payroll. Just like the Yankees will not be moving Judge, no matter what we offer.

Since Judge is hurt… The Yankees should do that trade, right? The point is teams don’t move young, cheap all stars when they’re trying to keep payroll down. Really, they almost never move them in any situation, and you struggle to see this.

Judge was the perfect example. Because you thought Bellinger’s value was lowered because he was coming back from injury. That’s not how a valuation works.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast