Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 21 of 39 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
    Eloy with the 2 run go ahead bomb vs. the Cubs in the 9th is so sweet!!!

Even if the Sox lose the rest of the games against the cubs this season, no one will soon forget that game....especially Eloy Jimenez.......and Theo Epstein.

I am concerned that Moncada's back issue and a possible DL stint could really hurt the Sox over the next few weeks. I'm not sure the Sox can continue to hover around .500 without his bat in the line-up.

Eloy is special

Eloy is going to be so good.

Also if Yoan's back hurts when he's batting righty, why didnt he just bat lefty?

Robert with a double and triple in the AA All Star Game! MVP as well! I get waiting, but we should just give him a shot now. Half a season of ML experience will go a long way toward next yearís success.

Eloy has a chance to be special.....That ball was coming in" center in "and he pulled his hands in and put a really sweet swing on it and he did not pull it and foul it off as most hitters would have done. Those are things you do not see in looking at stats (metrics) only.

I want to see Collins catch (and play) as soon as possible, but I would not play him today against Lester. I think Cease comes up around the 4th of July.

When we bring up Robert next year, would you guys stick with Eloy/Robert/Leury as our OF, or would you go after a veteran RF with more pop?

Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    When we bring up Robert next year, would you guys stick with Eloy/Robert/Leury as our OF, or would you go after a veteran RF with more pop?
    That is a good question.....Really depends where finish and more importantly with whom do we finish the season on this roster. Personally I would hope Basabe or Adolfo would be close to making it on the big club. My sleeper for the outfield to go along with Eloy and Robert is Steel Walker..............

I'd go after the best available RF or CF on the market. Robert I think will probably shift to RF eventually anyway.
    In the interim Leury has been pretty good this year, better than expected for sure. If this is his new norm he has a place on this team moving forward.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

Gio,Cease,Kopech and Lopez should be the starting 4 starting the season....Also I would bring Robert up in September this year, but I would not bump him up to AAA at all........Keep him in AA till September.

Quote Originally Posted by Bainsy View Post
    That is a good question.....Really depends where finish and more importantly with whom do we finish the season on this roster. Personally I would hope Basabe or Adolfo would be close to making it on the big club. My sleeper for the outfield to go along with Eloy and Robert is Steel Walker..............
    I love Steele Walker but he's a ways away. Adolfo to me has to prove he's healthy and has to improve his K rate. Hopefully start walking a little more too. Basabe hasn't looked all that promising this year.

I do agree that I want it to be Walker in the future. I wish Rutherford would progress. He's stalled out. As has Luis Gonzalez.

Walker is starting to heat up since a slow start at High A Winston Salem. He hit for the cycle last week, and won player of the week.

Personally, I think next year we have to go for the playoffs hard. So we have to decide, is Leury Garcia a starter on a playoff team, or do we need a veteran improvement. The guys on the farm aren't ready to contribute outside of Robert in the OF.

Quote Originally Posted by Bainsy View Post
    Gio,Cease,Kopech and Lopez should be the starting 4 starting the season....Also I would bring Robert up in September this year, but I would not bump him up to AAA at all........Keep him in AA till September.
    We definitely need to sign a veteran if we want to be taken seriously as contenders.

Luis Robert MVP in All Star game with a double and a triple

This guy is the real deal.

Muttmnan: Why do you see Robert as eventually moving to RF?

I donít know if Gio was tipping his pitches or if the Cubs were stealing signs, but it sure looked like they knew what was coming.

Page 21 of 39 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast