Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 28 of 31 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sockeye View Post
    Lopez is really bad, and I donít think he is ever going to get it straightened out. Because he has a live arm, it may be worth it to see if he can get it together but as no more than a 5 on a short leash, on a team that is looking to contend.
    People were saying the same thing about Gio last year..............I'd hold off on moving Lopez, he will come around.

Where you been dude?? Sager...

I think the claiming of AJ Reed could be a sign that Collins may be heading back down soon. Collins has been overmatched and probably needs to go down and get his confidence back and work on some things. Not sure what Reed will bring, but he was a highly rated prospect at one time.

Collins and Palka hitting less than .100
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

Collectively less than .050. And a sweet .280 OPS.
    Last edited by Sockeye; 07-08-2019 at 04:33 PM.

Cub fans are going crazy arguing how good will Eloy be or not be...........One guy compares him to Willy Mo Pena.............LMAOF!!!!! The day that trade was made I knew it was a great trade for the Sox. You trade an Eloy and Cease for a Sale type pitcher not a slightly above average pitcher like Q.

Remember when the Sox were in trade talks for Joc Pederson? Not great average but ops is solid.

Supposedly would have cost us Fuller, Bummer and 3rd basemen prospect Bryce Bush. Hahn did not want to part with Bush according to sources.

Quote Originally Posted by Bainsy View Post
    People were saying the same thing about Gio last year..............I'd hold off on moving Lopez, he will come around.
    Yeah patience is a virtue with pitchers sometimes. Look no further than Corey Kluber. He wasn't good until he was 27-28 years old and now he's turned into one of the premier arms in baseball.

Quote Originally Posted by Muttman73 View Post
    Collins and Palka hitting less than .100
    I think Gavin Sheets could shoot past Collins as our backup 1B/DH at some point. He got off to a slow start but has been on fire, doesn't K a lot, and has been driving in Robert and Madrigal consistently since they've been up. By 2021, I wouldn't be mad if we had Abreu and Vaughn as our starting 1B/DH, with Sheets as their backup.

If McCann is our defensive C, I like the idea of Yermin Mercedes as our backup hitting C. He never K's, and has been awesome all year in AA and AAA batting .327 at both levels. Almost as many BB's/K's as well 20/35 combined in the minors.

Leury should be our utility guy. He's earned that. Can play any outfield position and up the middle in the infield.

It'll be interesting to see who stands the tallest to take the wide open LF position from our system, or if we will sign a guy. I'd rank it Walker/Rutherford/Gonzalez at this point. No one is running away with it though. These guys are all 2021 at the earliest guys, so going outside the system next offseason might be best.

SS/2B/3B/1B/LF/RF are all locked in IMO. I think we have enough hitting in our system to where most of our money should be spent on elite Starting and Relief Pitching. If we can build a 4-5 deep elite BP, 1 elite SP, with Cease/Gio/Kopech and hopefully 1 of Lopez/Dunning/Rodon stepping up, we should be a championship contender withing 2 years.

I actually think we should probably wait until 2020/21 Free Agency to look for a 3rd OF'er. Mookie/Springer/Brantley/Joc/Bradley will all be available that year.

Quote Originally Posted by Sockeye View Post
    Remember when the Sox were in trade talks for Joc Pederson? Not great average but ops is solid.

Supposedly would have cost us Fuller, Bummer and 3rd basemen prospect Bryce Bush. Hahn did not want to part with Bush according to sources.
    If bummer keeps this up, not making that trade will be beneficial

Vaughn with his 1st HR at Low A Kannapolis! Off to a good start at both levels. Drawing walks, driving in runs, hitting for power! Heís gonna move through the system fast. He will be here by 2021 latest.

I didnít even see Roberts 1st 2 HRs, but watching his 3rd hit, a single up the middle, his swing looks so pure!!!

If this is what we can expect with Robert hitting juiced ball, then I canít wait for him to get to the big leagues. Is it September yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 28 of 31 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast