Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21293031
    I have little hope that a First Round number 8 Draft pick next year will be a difference maker, at least not in the next few years during the prime window for many of our guys like Moncada, Tim Anderson and McCann. I guess I am too old to keep signing up for long range plans. And Reinsdorf should insist on results as soon as possible. At his age he should not even be buying green bananas.
    So for chrystsakes, bring up Robert and Madrigal. Eloy is probably coming back after the road trip and TA can't be far from returning. They aren't going to win anything this year but what is wrong with a fireworks show at the end? Go out with a bang instead of a damnn whimper.

Quote Originally Posted by garypeters View Post
    I have little hope that a First Round number 8 Draft pick next year will be a difference maker, at least not in the next few years during the prime window for many of our guys like Moncada, Tim Anderson and McCann. I guess I am too old to keep signing up for long range plans. And Reinsdorf should insist on results as soon as possible. At his age he should not even be buying green bananas.
    So for chrystsakes, bring up Robert and Madrigal. Eloy is probably coming back after the road trip and TA can't be far from returning. They aren't going to win anything this year but what is wrong with a fireworks show at the end? Go out with a bang instead of a damnn whimper.
    I get the feeling they’re gonna wait until September to call up Luis. He’s definitely ready though.

Sox sticking with Renteria into contention years? Seems lately whenever Hahn says something, I get a sinking feeling in my gut.

Quote Originally Posted by Sockeye View Post
    The higher draft pick would be nice, but based on the way we are playing, we may have to wait for 2021 to compete.

It is very rare that a team can go from a 90 loss season to contending, with a young team. Young players need some degree of success before they can progress to a contender. I was hoping we’d be a .500 team or a few games better this year and then take the next step. Looks like we are still a ways off. The metrics were showing it, even before the losing streak, but I was hoping we’d defy those stats and win more games, but I guess not.

The recent play and injuries have shown just how shallow this team is and how many holes still need to be filled.
    Yes it’s rare for teams to go from 90 losses to a playoff team, but most of those teams don’t have elite prospects like Robert, Cease, Kopech and Madrigal to add to their roster.

Those guys will all be contributing next year, and anything Rondon is able to add after the all star break is a bonus. I wouldn’t count on him at all, but as a 5th starter, we could do much worse.

And then there’s free agency...We have the money, let’s just hope Hahn can land some guys. I don’t expect them to sit on their hands to land the biggest fish, but they should be active in the SP/RP and RF market as well as retaining Abreu for 3 years.

This year has been a huge success besides the injuries as Moncada, Anderson and Giolitto have shown their all star potential...Bummer and McCann have shown to be supplementary pieces, and Jimenez has shown his flashes of superstardom...The only real step back has been Lopez, but he’s still young enough to turn it around.

Theres no reason besides a rash of more injuries to not expect us to compete next year. Sockeye, you have been positive all year, keep the faith brother!!!! It is going to happen

Quote Originally Posted by shorvath721 View Post
    Yes it’s rare for teams to go from 90 losses to a playoff team, but most of those teams don’t have elite prospects like Robert, Cease, Kopech and Madrigal to add to their roster.

Those guys will all be contributing next year, and anything Rondon is able to add after the all star break is a bonus. I wouldn’t count on him at all, but as a 5th starter, we could do much worse.

And then there’s free agency...We have the money, let’s just hope Hahn can land some guys. I don’t expect them to sit on their hands to land the biggest fish, but they should be active in the SP/RP and RF market as well as retaining Abreu for 3 years.

This year has been a huge success besides the injuries as Moncada, Anderson and Giolitto have shown their all star potential...Bummer and McCann have shown to be supplementary pieces, and Jimenez has shown his flashes of superstardom...The only real step back has been Lopez, but he’s still young enough to turn it around.

Theres no reason besides a rash of more injuries to not expect us to compete next year. Sockeye, you have been positive all year, keep the faith brother!!!! It is going to happen

You expect all these things to happen? When no one in this organization under Uncle Jerry is ever held "Accountable"............They can feed us the "rebuild" theme as long as Jerry owns the team.

As far as Renteria sticking around, is a perfect example of what I just posted....Its a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Bainsy View Post
    You expect all these things to happen? When no one in this organization under Uncle Jerry is ever held "Accountable"............They can feed us the "rebuild" theme as long as Jerry owns the team.
    All what to happen? Those prospects to contribute? Sign a few free agents?

No not all, but there’s a good chance we have 4-5 new faces contributing to this team next year between prospects and free agents to go along with the growth of Moncada, Andersen, Giolito and Jimenez.

Renteria can see the door

Quote Originally Posted by shorvath721 View Post
    All what to happen? Those prospects to contribute? Sign a few free agents?

No not all, but there’s a good chance we have 4-5 new faces contributing to this team next year between prospects and free agents to go along with the growth of Moncada, Andersen, Giolito and Jimenez.

Renteria can see the door
    Apparently Renteria will not see the door.............That was my point, this organization under Reisdorf has failed miserably for 30 years....They ran into one WS title.........

Just heard on the telecast that the Sox are 36-31 when McCann is in the lineup and 7-20 when he is not. That is a strong condemnation of Renteria. Until Castillo got hurt, he was basically playing them 50/50, which is a complete joke.

Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 21293031