Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 43 of 46 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 ... LastLast
    Machado .264/27/74 with 5 SB
    Moncada .297/22/63 with 7 SB

In the future when the White Sox are contending they absolutely could use Machado, somewhere on the field.
    in 2019 and who knows beyond - I'm more than ok with Moncada.

After 5/6 of a season you can't tell me that one is worth $29.5M more a season then they other.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

No one is saying they would rather have Machado over Moncada. Id take Moncada 10/10 times.

But I have zero faith in our front office to spend our abundance of salary cap to improve our team. I never expect us to be a top 5 spending team, but they have 4-5 years before they need to start paying some of these young guys with extensions, so now is the time to add higher cap players to compete.

6 straight losses with pathetic efforts by some players.
    Maybe some guys are just tired physically and mentally.
    OK, so just mail in the last month of the season. Run the table with L's the rest of the way.
    Last edited by garypeters; 09-02-2019 at 12:21 AM.

If the White Sox do end up landing Cole in the offseason, and lets say they keep Nova, would anyone be opposed to a year of Kopech in the pen? Let him build his arm strength while giving us a potential shut down setup man.

Id be ok with Cole/Gio/Cease/Nova/Lpez as our 5 with Dunning and Rodon as insurance when they are ready.

Kopech could be our Hader.

Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    If the White Sox do end up landing Cole in the offseason, and lets say they keep Nova, would anyone be opposed to a year of Kopech in the pen? Let him build his arm strength while giving us a potential shut down setup man.

Id be ok with Cole/Gio/Cease/Nova/Lpez as our 5 with Dunning and Rodon as insurance when they are ready.

Kopech could be our Hader.
    I think it depends on if we truly think we will be contenders next season. The rotation you list has 2 consistent starters. Nova, you never know. And Cease and Lopez are generally getting shelled more often than not. That is of course assuming we land a front end of the rotation starter. Cole is not happening. Hope for someone else via FA or trade.

Id say all hands on deck, whoever earns a spot in the rotation is in.

Quote Originally Posted by Sockeye View Post
    I think it depends on if we truly think we will be contenders next season. The rotation you list has 2 consistent starters. Nova, you never know. And Cease and Lopez are generally getting shelled more often than not. That is of course assuming we land a front end of the rotation starter. Cole is not happening. Hope for someone else via FA or trade.

Id say all hands on deck, whoever earns a spot in the rotation is in.
    Don't think we can EXPECT to be contenders next year. I think we can certainly hope to get there.
    But assuming we win low 70s this year, it's really hard to expect a 15-20 game leap, even with at best adding on Cole and hopefully player progression from our young core.

I also think that right now we can't just plug Cease into anything but a 4-5 until he is more consistent. Kopech might have the best stuff of anyone he has so 5 best for me make the rotation, including Rodon. I'd like to see come back and get some action, but I'd sell on him as soon as he gains some value back, unless Cease and Lopez are struggling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remember a week ago when the Sox were only 10 games under .500 and optimism was abundant? Now it's 17 games under and how many left until its over?
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

Not winning at the end of this season was a major concern of mine, as it is difficult to suddenly obtain a winning culture over an offseason, especially with a roster full of young players. I fear that this lull will carry over into next year, regardless of off season moves, with perhaps some modest improvement.

My hope was that they would make some deadline moves with an eye on improving in the second half and carry that over into next year. Would have liked to have seen them take on some other teams salary dumps and retain our prospects and build momentum toward 2020 as well as building our status as a FA destination.

Not happy with the way it has panned out as none of what I was hoping for, happened.

Collins and Mendick up, can they DFA Castillo already?
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

If the Sox had brought up Madrigal and Robert and Collins and DFAed Castillo a few weeks ago, maybe the Sox wouldn't have tanked.
    Now, everyone, including the fans and the players, are not that excited about the last month of the season.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.esp...3fplatform=amp

Again, we really need to address RF/DH and SP this offseason.

It's all academic now, another top 10 pick coming our way next year. The Sox will do it their way - whether we agree or not. I personally don't, but I'll be back to watch it happen in 2020.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

Nice game for Lopez, hope he has a lot more of those left for when it really matters.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

Quote Originally Posted by Muttman73 View Post
    It's all academic now, another top 10 pick coming our way next year. The Sox will do it their way - whether we agree or not. I personally don't, but I'll be back to watch it happen in 2020.
    There is a whole lot to look forward to next year. Headlined by the arrival of Madrigal and Robert and the return of Kopech. Eloy will have a full major league season under his belt, and hes starting to heat up over the last month. Anderson and Moncada coming off great seasons and inching closer to their prime. Giolito coming off a top 5 AL SP season.

I think all of us would have liked things done a little different, but from a management stand point, I think our FO is doing what positions us better to have sustained success. What we do this winter will tell us a lot about what to expect in 2020. If we go grab an ace and a DH/RF, I think we are shooting for the fences. If we dont, I think we are using 1 more year to fully develop our young core.

If we go grab an ace and a DH/RF, I think we are shooting for the fences

After watching yet another game last night where two home runs sunk the Sox, I guess I will be on board with a "swing for the fences" strategy in the off-season.
    MLB has now morphed into a slow motion home run contest

So focus on hitting more HR and allowing fewer of them.
    Get a RF and a DH that add a combined 30+ HR to what we got out of the line-up this year.
    And get a few pitchers that don't give up too many.

Page 43 of 46 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 ... LastLast