Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 22 of 42 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast
    Iíd sign a high end FA. Garcia has definitely earned a spot, but I see him as more of a super sub who can play numerous positions. Would be a nice bench player on a playoff caliber team.

Quote Originally Posted by garypeters View Post
    Luis Robert MVP in All Star game with a double and a triple

This guy is the real deal.

Muttmnan: Why do you see Robert as eventually moving to RF?
    Size, he is eventually going to put some weight on that 6'2" frame. He is only 21, he won't stay at 210 IMO.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

To me Steele Walker is the best RF prospect in the organization. Things obviously can and will change, but none of the others are progressing right now. Adolpho and Basabe have both been injury magnets.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

Not to be a sour White Sox fan but did anyone else feel like Giolito was getting squeezed last night? He and Lester did not get the same k zone in that game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ChiFanKeith View Post
    Not to be a sour White Sox fan but did anyone else feel like Giolito was getting squeezed last night? He and Lester did not get the same k zone in that game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Oh that Strike Zone was bad early on.

Agreed. Lester was getting quite a bit off the corner and at one point was aggravated that he didnít get a call 3 inches off the plate, illustrating how accustomed he had gotten to getting those calls. Meanwhile Gio could not get lesser calls.

It also looked like the Cubs knew what was coming before the ball left Gioís hand. Tipping pitches? Stealing signs?

Size, he is eventually going to put some weight on that 6'2" frame. He is only 21, he won't stay at 210 IMO.

Yes, you never know. I thought Courtney Hawkins (who did that back-flip in street clothes when he was selected by the Sox) would never blow-up... The thing is Robert has a different body type, almost zero body fat, and a much better diet and exercise regime than guys like Hawkins that let themselves go or just boxed out with age..

I would like to see Robert up perhaps before September and award Right Field to Leury for the time being.
    Unfortunately I will be disappointed again when the Sox bring up Jay. Sox Management views Alonso and Jay as potential assets but they need to be realistic. They are both useless and worthless. So who goes down when Jay gets brought up? Tilson or Cordell? That is going to pizz me off as well. I guess I need to save money and buy my own team if I want things my way.

6 weeks before the trade deadline ... Alonso has no value and Jay hasn't seen the field. They both should be cut, and both will probably get picked up by someone.
    After a lifetime in Cuba, seems likely to me that Robert will put some weight on and become less mobile. No way to know, we will just have to wait and see.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

I could see Robert playing CF for the first part of his career and then sliding over to a corner spot later. Lorenzo Cain is an example of a decent sized CF, so it can be done. If Robert can rake and play CF, it allows us to get another big bat in the lineup in right.
    Blackmon, Springer and Trout are a few more larger center fielders.
    Last edited by Sockeye; 06-21-2019 at 10:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sockeye View Post
    I could see Robert playing CF for the first part of his career and then sliding over to a corner spot later. Lorenzo Cain is an example of a decent sized CF, so it can be done. If Robert can rake and play CF, it allows us to get another big bat in the lineup in right.
    Jay is hitting .356 in AAA right now. I think he will get the next call if we need an OFer. Ryan Cordell has cooled off significantly since a decent start. Hitting .205 with 41 K's in 117 AB's.

Andrew Jones, Bernie Williams, Adam Jones and Jim Edmonds were all big CF's, and all were perennial Gold Glove winners. I'm pretty sure Robert could last as a CF'er.

Hell yeah Collins! Just keep racking up BBs and HRs and we have a DH!!!

Hang that loss on Hahn. Sox get off to a 4 run lead and Despaigne gives 3 right back. There is no reason he should be on this roster. Our starting rotation is rendering a good portion of our games, unwinnable.

Hang that loss on Hahn. Sox get off to a 4 run lead and Despaigne gives 3 right back. There is no reason he should be on this roster. Our starting rotation is rendering a good portion of our games, unwinnable.
    Yeah really wish we would have went harder after Keuchel. Arizona is falling in the standings though so that should open the trade market for Greinke

Granted at that point we will be sellers anyways.

Page 22 of 42 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast