Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 39 12311 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

2019 Chicago White Sox IGT

Season starts tomorrow and the roster has been finalized.

https://twitter.com/whitesox/status/1110716621528522752

Pitchers: Manny Banuelos, Ryan Burr, Alex Colome, Dylan Covey, Caleb Fare, Jace Fry, Lucas Giolito, Kelvin Herrera, Nate Jones, Reynaldo Lopez, Ivan Nova, Carlos Rodon

Catchers: Wellington Castillo, James McCann

Infielders: Jose Abreu, Yonder Alonso, Tim Anderson, Yoan Moncada, Jose Rondon, Yolmer Sanchez

Outfielders: Ryan Cordell, Adam Engel, Leury Garcia, Eloy Jimenez, Daniel Palka

Note: Jon Jay and Ian Hamilton were placed on the new 10 day injured list which use to be the disabled list.

I think the bullpen might be their strength this year as is, with a lot of arms close to ready in the minors.
    The outfield beside Eloy could be the worst of all time........They scare me.
    The infield so,so....
    The catchers I would like to see Castillo gone and Collins brought up by July 1st and McCann can be kind of a tutor....
    Starting pitching is going to be different when they are for real...and contending. Rodon and Lopez are the only keepers in my mind.

Yeh, I'm hoping for a lot of "ifs"...

IF...Moncada turns the corner

IF...Palka can duplicate the power with average,...and play decent OF

IF...Giolito....can get his head straight

and so on.....

White Sox & Redskins Forever

Critical year for Moncada and Giolito, to a lesser extent Lopez and Anderson. Rodon staying healthy would be nice, Eloy is a rookie. The rest ... don't matter all that much in the big picture.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

Cy Keller?

To me what is disappointing is the fact you just finished 6 weeks of "Spring Training" working on things supposedly and you open up with 3 errors!!!

On a positive note, Rodon looked pretty good yesterday. Even if his d wasn't doing him any favors.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Yes, Rodon looked really solid, but ran out of gas.
    On the flip side, Jimenez looked horrible. He looked overmatched and didnít even come close on some of those swings. I hope as he sees more major league pitching, his pitch recognition improves quickly.

Jimenez will be fine....

One series doesn't mean much but Moncada and Giolito are both off to nice starts.
    Expectations for the team remain low, but for the core players this is the year to start showing something.
    On to Cleveland...
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

Moncada really hammers the ball. As long as he can keep up the contact he can be great. The ball pops off his bat similar to Abreu. Also Iím liking that Colome trade.

If we can get Colome enough chances and he pitches well, depending on what we may have coming thru the system to replace him, he may be able to be flipped for a nice piece at the deadline. Arb eligible after this season and FA in 2021.

Someone is going to be looking for relief help, and quite possibly a closer.

Quote Originally Posted by Sockeye View Post
    If we can get Colome enough chances and he pitches well, depending on what we may have coming thru the system to replace him, he may be able to be flipped for a nice piece at the deadline. Arb eligible after this season and FA in 2021.

Someone is going to be looking for relief help, and quite possibly a closer.
    The Brew Crew just lost a pretty big piece in their bullpen to TJ. There is definitely history with these teams making trades recently.

Well here is an opportunity for Colome that we wonít get to.

Man, this is tough to watch.

When the White Sox are good and I hope it will be soon, Renteria should not be the manager. That loss is definitely on him yesterday.

Page 1 of 39 12311 ... LastLast