Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 37 of 42 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast
Results 541 to 555 of 616
  1. #541
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    San Antonio
    Posts
    8,686
    The balls vary from year-to-year. If I had to choose between more or less homeruns, give me more.

    I enjoyed the winning in Philadelphia and Detroit, lets see how this Oakland series goes.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

    1981 Sting

  2. #542
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Milwaukee, WI
    Posts
    6,570
    This idea should wait until offseason but going breakout this:

    Unlike last offseason this year we should be all in for Geritt Cole.Not as the opening bidders but counter after first offer. This gives a picture of a starting five with Cole of Gilito, Kopech, Cease and Lopez. Hitting needs when in the hunt can be addressed at trade deadline as buyers.

  3. #543
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Mishawaka, IN
    Posts
    6,664
    Quote Originally Posted by South Side Sox View Post
    This idea should wait until offseason but going breakout this:

    Unlike last offseason this year we should be all in for Geritt Cole.Not as the opening bidders but counter after first offer. This gives a picture of a starting five with Cole of Gilito, Kopech, Cease and Lopez. Hitting needs when in the hunt can be addressed at trade deadline as buyers.
    Yeah we lucked out not paying Machado or Harper. Both got paid more on name brand than real production. 400 million for a guy going on 2 straight years hitting .250 and striking out a ton. We dodged that bullet. And it isnít like he has the excuse of no roster lineup protection. The Phils have hitters.

  4. #544
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    South Chicago Suburbs
    Posts
    675
    Whatever it is that we decide to do, hopefully we donít just sit back and wait until the end of February. Pursuing Cole would be the top priority, but you canít let it drag on like last year and miss out on everyone else.

    Oh...and why is Anderson still batting 7th? This is unacceptable of Renteria and I donít see how upper management hasnít stepped in about this. He should be batting 1-3 with our current roster.

  5. #545
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    492
    Quote Originally Posted by shorvath721 View Post
    Whatever it is that we decide to do, hopefully we donít just sit back and wait until the end of February. Pursuing Cole would be the top priority, but you canít let it drag on like last year and miss out on everyone else.

    Oh...and why is Anderson still batting 7th? This is unacceptable of Renteria and I donít see how upper management hasnít stepped in about this. He should be batting 1-3 with our current roster.
    And Jiminez should bat 4th or 5th ...........You're not going anywhere this year!!! WTF? Leurry, Anderson Moncada, Abreu, Jiminez....

  6. #546
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    492
    And stop ****ing bunting all the time!!!!

  7. #547
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    492
    I read over the weekend that Hahn said Sox fans are too negative...... I for one am....But let see why, Hmmmm...........Hahn took over in 2013 no playoff appearance. So why am I negative ?
    Since Reinsdorf bought the team (1981) i believe 38 years being the owner they made the playoffs 7 times.......Thats at a 18% clip..WOW. Why the hell am i negative...?

  8. #548
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    492
    But the main reason is ...No one is held accountable by uncle Jerry and that unfortunately will NOT change till the team is sold!!! Hahn has till uncle Jerry dies or sells team to turn this thing around...

  9. #549
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    492
    Silly me.......It was only 5 times...........I need to do a better job of being negative!

  10. #550
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    1,503
    Quote Originally Posted by shorvath721 View Post
    Whatever it is that we decide to do, hopefully we donít just sit back and wait until the end of February. Pursuing Cole would be the top priority, but you canít let it drag on like last year and miss out on everyone else.

    Oh...and why is Anderson still batting 7th? This is unacceptable of Renteria and I donít see how upper management hasnít stepped in about this. He should be batting 1-3 with our current roster.
    Cole to Sox is not going to happen.... and itís not just me being negative...

    On the topic of being negative...., when a teams overall performance is negative, which the Sox have been for a vast majority of the time I have been a Sox fan, the net result is a negative fan base. 5 playoff appearances in 38 years of the Reinsdorf reign, is an abysmal failure. That is magnified by the fact the there are now wildcard possibilities and the fact we are competing with mid/small market teams in our division. I am not even factoring in the off field drama and embarrassments that seem to permeate this organization.

  11. #551
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    8,992
    Quote Originally Posted by Sockeye View Post
    Cole to Sox is not going to happen.... and itís not just me being negative...

    On the topic of being negative...., when a teams overall performance is negative, which the Sox have been for a vast majority of the time I have been a Sox fan, the net result is a negative fan base. 5 playoff appearances in 38 years of the Reinsdorf reign, is an abysmal failure. That is magnified by the fact the there are now wildcard possibilities and the fact we are competing with mid/small market teams in our division. I am not even factoring in the off field drama and embarrassments that seem to permeate this organization.
    Only way we have a chance I think is with a Godfather offer. We are known to only ever do the exact opposite, so I fully expect to not be in on Cole from the get go. Had we been playing the 2nd half like we did the 1st half, I'd be a little more inclined to think we have a chance. Winning 78-84 games would've been easier to sell to a prospective FA.

  12. #552
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    1,013
    The Sox have been very unlucky with the Draft and with several trades over the past few years.
    The Cubs were lucky to Get Rizzo and Bryant.
    I strongly suggest that any fair weather fans leave...maybe root for the Cubs (one WS in over 100 years) and stay off this and other sites where White Sox fans try to enjoy the conversation. I'm not suggesting that you should not express your negative opinions, just saying that it gets old hearing them after a while. That said, maybe you should move on.
    I have watched the Sox for a long time (trust me) and I love hearing what other Sox fans have to say, unless it is constantly negative and worthless.

  13. #553
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    IL
    Posts
    21,713
    I just see a high likelihood this team competes for a playoff spot next year. They're not filling in holes , not calling up players to continue the losing as much as possible.

    With all of our pitchers coming back next year, free agency, and the prospects we're going to call up.... this team is gonna be awesome.

    Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

    Click here to register!

    Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

  14. #554
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    1,503
    Quote Originally Posted by garypeters View Post
    The Sox have been very unlucky with the Draft and with several trades over the past few years.
    The Cubs were lucky to Get Rizzo and Bryant.
    I strongly suggest that any fair weather fans leave...maybe root for the Cubs (one WS in over 100 years) and stay off this and other sites where White Sox fans try to enjoy the conversation. I'm not suggesting that you should not express your negative opinions, just saying that it gets old hearing them after a while. That said, maybe you should move on.
    I have watched the Sox for a long time (trust me) and I love hearing what other Sox fans have to say, unless it is constantly negative and worthless.
    Even though I know you are not referring to me, if there is anyone who cares enough about the Sox to comment on this site over the last decade, they are probably not fair weather fans.

  15. #555
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    1,503
    OK, now THAT might be a fair weather fan...LOL.

Page 37 of 42 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •