Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 39 of 45 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ChiFanKeith View Post
    Youíre no fun. Heís like Hawk on acid. Couldnít do a whole season of it but for one game, itís a nice break in the monotony.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I like the idea of guest commentary, but I've hated Walton for so long from his NBA games. Can't stand to listen to him talk so I was done with it within the 1st few minutes.

Another good game for Nova. Itíll be interesting to see what happens with rotation next year if he continues to play well. Giolito, Kopech, cease, Rodon, nova. Isnít going to ruin my season. Still love to see another guy brought in.

I'd offer Nova a 1+1 contract, pencil him in as #4 and hopefully #5 in the 2020 rotation behind: Giolito, Kopech and Lopez right now. Cease needs to improve and Rodon won't be back until the 2nd half, if then. Agree about bringing in another vet starting pitcher, except this time he should actually be good at it, unlike 2019.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

Rodon is the guy I have the least confidence in. Lopez is a close second. He reminds of John garland a bit. All potential but never really puts it all together .

Lopez is a bit enigmatic for sure, Rodon ought to go by "Glass Arm". I'm hoping Cease pans out and we can have those two as #4 and #5 eventually.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

Quote Originally Posted by ChiFanKeith View Post
    Another good game for Nova. Itíll be interesting to see what happens with rotation next year if he continues to play well. Giolito, Kopech, cease, Rodon, nova. Isnít going to ruin my season. Still love to see another guy brought in.

You can't really count Rodon......He "supposedly " will be available mid summer....I would not rush him.

Kopech,Gio,Lopez,Cease are the 4 you pencil in to start the season........As far as Nova goes I'd let him hit the market and see what he gets and decide from there, whether its worth signing him. No reason for the Sox to set the market for a aging #5 starter IMO.

If they decide to go FA rout for a pitcher which is not their forte.......Id go after Madison Bumgarner...But I highly doubt they sign anyone of significance from the FA market. This off-season the big boys will be involved so i see no way they get Cole....

I think they end up trading for one that's controllable and give up a few good prospects...

Quote Originally Posted by Bainsy View Post
    If they decide to go FA rout for a pitcher which is not their forte.......Id go after Madison Bumgarner...But I highly doubt they sign anyone of significance from the FA market. This off-season the big boys will be involved so i see no way they get Cole....
    I was thinking the same thing last year, however, I donít see many of the large market teams freeing up cap space to be involved again this year...weíll have to wait and see, but this market should benefit the sox again.

Now if we take advantage of it is a whole other question....

Quote Originally Posted by shorvath721 View Post
    I was thinking the same thing last year, however, I donít see many of the large market teams freeing up cap space to be involved again this year...weíll have to wait and see, but this market should benefit the sox again.
    Well, if the Yankees get knocked out in the playoffs they will definitely be buying big time pitching and will probably sign 2 . The Red Sox who will not make the playoffs also will be in the hunt....so i do not see this as a sox or I should say small team market at all..................

The market for teams like the Sox was last year! And in true white sox fashion, they blew it....simple as that my friend.

Cole is not going to happen. I thought the perfect fit would have been Kuechel when he re-entered the market after the draft. Sox seemingly had no interest at all. I think Kuechel being a left hander would balance out the rotation and his similarities to Beuhrle would have been a good match with Coop.

Quote Originally Posted by Bainsy View Post
    The market for teams like the Sox was last year! And in true white sox fashion, they blew it....simple as that my friend.
    Again, we will have to wait and see, but neither Boston or the Yankees have been outrageously spending money the way they did 10-20 years ago. And neither of them has any savings coming off the books.

In my eyes, I just donít see them spending big time money until guys like Pedroia/Price or Elsbury/Tanaka are off the books. We will see though, eventually they will be all in again, but Iím guessing 2020 free agency

Page 39 of 45 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 ... LastLast