Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 38 of 41 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 ... LastLast
    I would just like to know who abducted Ivan Nova and replaced him with this dude!

I'd offer Nova an extension, 1 + 1 and that's it. The return dates of Kopech and Rodon aren't set in stone.
    As for the White Sox recent drafts:
    2019 - Vaughn, looking good so far but way too early
    2018 - Madrigal, same as Vaughn but should be up next month, starting next year.
    2017 - Burger, kid has been hurt. So far, not so good but we haven't seen anything yet.
    2016 - Collins and Burdi, Collins should be on this team right now. He's got nothing left to prove in the minors, Burdi is hurt, 2nd year in a row.
    2015 - Fulmer, safe to say he was a bad pick
    2014 - Rodon, at the time was hyped as maybe the best pitcher ever. He's good when he can play, seems like he's hurt more often than not.
    2013 - Anderson, starting SS for third season, seems to be finally hitting his stride. Not the best defensively, but better than anyone else they have had in a while.

8 players drafted, 1 bust, 2 injured before they got started, 1 MLB quality starter - when healthy, your starting SS, 2 newbies who look very promising and Collins.
    Not the best results, not terrible either and all of them (except Fulmer) have their best baseball ahead of them.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

Quote Originally Posted by garypeters View Post
    The Sox have been very unlucky with the Draft and with several trades over the past few years.
    The Cubs were lucky to Get Rizzo and Bryant.
    I strongly suggest that any fair weather fans leave...maybe root for the Cubs (one WS in over 100 years) and stay off this and other sites where White Sox fans try to enjoy the conversation. I'm not suggesting that you should not express your negative opinions, just saying that it gets old hearing them after a while. That said, maybe you should move on.
    I have watched the Sox for a long time (trust me) and I love hearing what other Sox fans have to say, unless it is constantly negative and worthless.
    LOL...........You can't make one post without mentioning the Cubs...You're negative on every pick they make... Constantly obsessed with how players look physically in a negative way...So get a mirror!
    BTW......Its not like the Sox have a ton of championships in the past 100 years either.........

Castillo DHing.............Apparently he has pictures on somebody!!! This is beyond ludicrous....

Vaughn is a run producing machine so far. I think heís gonna be the real deal

Three fourths of your starting infield, a solid starter when healthy, a kid who needs a chance, two injuries and a bum, call it .500. Signing Luis Robert makes up for a couple of misses.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    Vaughn is a run producing machine so far. I think heís gonna be the real deal
    I agree ....early results are pretty good. But he needs to play the field when he arrives 1st base..........Jimenez should be at DH 90% of the time, he can not play the field, he's really bad at it. So that would be 3rd to 1st Moncada,Anderson,Mandigral and Vaughn. Robert in CF.......IMO Steel Walker when ready should be in either LF or RF.........

They need to figure out who rounds out the outfield from the group in the system...

The OF should be Eloy/Robert/Leury next year, and use our system for depth. If we want to chase an OFer FA, the following offseason is the year for that.

White Sox are 54-65

March 1-2
    April 11-12
    May 16-15
    June 11-13
    July 7-17
    August 8-6

The only month we were well below average was the month that Tim Anderson was hurt. All of this with a mostly mediocre pitching staff. I can't wait to see what is in store when we have Robert and Madrigal in the lineup, Kopech in the rotation, and hopefully a veteran Ace signing. That team on paper should be well over .500. Hopefully enough so that we can get over the hump in the AL Central.

Obviously you need to take care business within your own division.....But man we have the Yankees,Red Sox, Astros all in the AL.......pretty tough. Not to mention the Rays and Indians...

Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    White Sox are 54-65

March 1-2
    April 11-12
    May 16-15
    June 11-13
    July 7-17
    August 8-6

The only month we were well below average was the month that Tim Anderson was hurt. All of this with a mostly mediocre pitching staff. I can't wait to see what is in store when we have Robert and Madrigal in the lineup, Kopech in the rotation, and hopefully a veteran Ace signing. That team on paper should be well over .500. Hopefully enough so that we can get over the hump in the AL Central.
    Yes, and most of that July swoon was post ASG where we came out of the break 4-15. That period is the difference between a .500 record and a top 10 draft pick. I donít mind the nice draft pick as a consolation prize, but I would rather see these young guys getting some experience winning and learning what it takes to be successful heading into next year.

Maybe we can close out strong and carry some momentum into the offseason and create some offseason buzz.

As much as I like what L Gar has done, I would still like to see them sign a veteran presence for RF/DH who has played meaningful, late season games, but who can still contribute and use Garcia as a super-sub. Itís a lot to ask a whole roster full of young guys to develop a winning culture without some experienced veteran leadership. As much as Abreu is a role model, he has never played a meaningful game with the Sox.

This Bill Walton **** has got to stop. He's so ****ing annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Pierzynski4Prez View Post
    This Bill Walton **** has got to stop. He's so ****ing annoying.
    Youíre no fun. Heís like Hawk on acid. Couldnít do a whole season of it but for one game, itís a nice break in the monotony.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 38 of 41 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 ... LastLast