Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    If Giolito and Lopez are ineffective, maybe it is time for Coop to go, he is getting old and perhaps he can't relate to the young pitchers. Time will tell but a guy can only be a God for so long!
    We Gotta Believe!

Quote Originally Posted by SoxFanSince63 View Post
    If Giolito and Lopez are ineffective, maybe it is time for Coop to go, he is getting old and perhaps he can't relate to the young pitchers. Time will tell but a guy can only be a God for so long!
    I thought the same thing yesterday watching Coop in the dugout. Not necessarily the relate part, but that maybe he isnít being effective

Was anyone other than me at the Rays game Wednesday? Trust me, you could barely stand outside with the cold (38 degrees) , rain and wind. You cannot judge anything or anyone based on that game or on any of these ridiculously cold days.

I think Gio will get his big curve ball working better in warmer weather. Lopez might gain a few mph on his fastball as the season moves on. ReyLo needs to work on another off speed pitch to get batters guessing more. Too many hitters are guessing low fastball and getting it. Having said that, perhaps some responsibility for these blow out losses should go to the catchers who call these games and of course to Coop, who perhaps should be changing the pitchers game plan after it becomes clear that opposing hitters have figured it out.

Why is Yolmer even playing? Canít hit. Canít play defense. And now canít even hustle on the bases.

Cease with another 5 inning Gem at AAA. 1st 2 starts:

5 IP 3 H 0 ER 5 K 0 BB
    5 IP 2 H 0 ER 4 K 1 BB

Keep stretching him out. He will be up sometime this summer.

Quote Originally Posted by garypeters View Post
    Was anyone other than me at the Rays game Wednesday? Trust me, you could barely stand outside with the cold (38 degrees) , rain and wind. You cannot judge anything or anyone based on that game or on any of these ridiculously cold days.

I think Gio will get his big curve ball working better in warmer weather. Lopez might gain a few mph on his fastball as the season moves on. ReyLo needs to work on another off speed pitch to get batters guessing more. Too many hitters are guessing low fastball and getting it. Having said that, perhaps some responsibility for these blow out losses should go to the catchers who call these games and of course to Coop, who perhaps should be changing the pitchers game plan after it becomes clear that opposing hitters have figured it out.

Its way too early to make any kind of assessment of this team except for the obvious, they aren't talented enough. 14 games in and the weather has been mostly bad, the managing suspect and the results - mediocre.
    Realistically, how many of the guys currently on the roster have a future moving forward, not too many; Moncada, Anderson, Jimenez, Rodon, Lopez are CORE players, Giolito, Abreu, Engle, Palka, Jones, Garcia are on the fringe. There are probably a couple of bullpen guys who may stick around but what you see right now is not what is going to be the successful, contending team we are all hoping for.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

Quote Originally Posted by Muttman73 View Post
    Its way too early to make any kind of assessment of this team except for the obvious, they aren't talented enough. 14 games in and the weather has been mostly bad, the managing suspect and the results - mediocre.
    Realistically, how many of the guys currently on the roster have a future moving forward, not too many; Moncada, Anderson, Jimenez, Rodon, Lopez are CORE players, Giolito, Abreu, Engle, Palka, Jones, Garcia are on the fringe. There are probably a couple of bullpen guys who may stick around but what you see right now is not what is going to be the successful, contending team we are all hoping for.
    Well obviously lol. We donít even have Madrigal, Robert, Cease, or Kopech on our roster yet

Um yeah. Yolmer still sucks.

So, will Palka get a hit before May?

Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    Well obviously lol. We donít even have Madrigal, Robert, Cease, or Kopech on our roster yet
    Sometimes you have to state the obvious.
    1985 Bears
    2005 White Sox
    2010 Blackhawks
    1991 Bulls

1981 Sting

Iíd still much rather have Avi Garcia for what he would have cost us as opposed to what we are paying for Alonzoís production. Not to mention what Pelka is giving us in right field.

We all know why Alonso was acquired..unfortunately that didnít work out as planned. Time to move on from that as well as Avi. Heís simply not a good player and we gave him plenty of time to prove it.

Letís just all enjoy that two of the main pieces in our potential rebuild are absolutely killing the ball right now and proving to be 5 tool talents in Anderson and Moncada.

This team is 1000 times more exciting to watch than last years

Unfortunately, you are correct. We must move on. I do think though that he may end up a pretty solid player after all.

He had the big year in 2017 and then battled nagging injuries all last year and still put out almost 20 dingers in a little over a half seasons worth of ABs.

Hopefully a few more outfield prospects hit and we wonít have to worry about it.
    Last edited by Sockeye; 04-16-2019 at 10:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sockeye View Post
    Unfortunately, you are correct. We must move on. I do think though that he may end up a pretty solid player after all.

He had the big year in 2017 and then battled nagging injuries all last year and still put out 20+ dingers in a little over a half seasons worth of ABs.

Hopefully a few more outfield prospects hit and we wonít have to worry about it.
    Yeah, Iím sure heíll be an ok player the next year or two, but with Eloy and Robert about to be the main outfielders of our future, it would be nice to find a lefty bat, that could play CF. Maybe Basabe, Walker or Rutherford. I know Robert can handle the position, but I think a move to RF will be better long term for his body type...

Iím just excited for a potential everyday lineup in the middle of next year of

Madrigal
    Moncada
    Abreu
    Jimťnez
    Anderson
    DH/1st
    Robert
    Collins
    CF

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast