Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 88 of 89 FirstFirst ... 387886878889 LastLast
Results 1,306 to 1,320 of 1330
    Sorry - @chong

There is something you dont seem to understand or just don't want to. When the Jay's front office goes on TV or the radio the message is not for US. They are not talking to the very small percentage of Canadians who are ardent followers of the team. They know you will come or not come out to the ballpark based on your own knowledge of what is up.

They are selling hope to people who already have it or don't know if they should. No executive with even a shred of intelligence goes on the radio to dash that. Once the general perception is that the team isn't good you sell future hope.

You guys dont seem to get how insignificant we are - we are not the ones that allow them to hit 3,000,000 in attendance. As soon as you do you can stop taking insult from a message that isnt even meant for you, and stop spreading/sowing discontent amongst the fanbase, which would be great.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Jamiecballer; 10-05-2019 at 11:14 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    There is something you dont seem to understand or just don't want to. When the Jay's front office goes on TV or the radio the message is not for US. They are not talking to the very small percentage of Canadians who are ardent followers of the team. They know you will come or not come out to the ballpark based on your own knowledge of what is up.

They are selling hope to people who already have it or don't know if they should. No executive with even a shred of intelligence goes on the radio to dash that. Once the general perception is that the team isn't good you sell future hope.

You guys dont seem to get how insignificant we are - we are not the ones that allow them to hit 3,000,000 in attendance. As soon as you do you can stop taking insult from a message that isnt even meant for you, and stop spreading/sowing discontent amongst the fanbase, which would be great.

Disagree.

Even the most casual fans are more in tune with what's going on today compared to previous years mostly due to social media and just general awareness. Sportsnet shows an A game with Kolf starting,, the Vladd and Bo watch before they were called up, twitter shows pitch-by-pitch stats of Kay's first start, Zeuch's no hitter is all over the local news....and on and on.

Of course we take it to the extreme on here but that's not to say people don't get it. I speak to casual fans all the time (both in person and on social media) and in general the discussions are similar to what is discussed on here.

^One thing is for sure and that is the casual Jays fan aren't showing up at the stadium. The Jays had to biggest attendance drop this season.

Quote Originally Posted by hanton View Post
    Disagree.

Even the most casual fans are more in tune with what's going on today compared to previous years mostly due to social media and just general awareness. Sportsnet shows an A game with Kolf starting,, the Vladd and Bo watch before they were called up, twitter shows pitch-by-pitch stats of Kay's first start, Zeuch's no hitter is all over the local news....and on and on.

Of course we take it to the extreme on here but that's not to say people don't get it. I speak to casual fans all the time (both in person and on social media) and in general the discussions are similar to what is discussed on here.
    You think casual fans are paying attention to that? I don't. I don't think they're listening to sports talk on the way to and from work, they're listening to their favorite music or podcast or audio book. They're watching other television. It may be out there but the casual fan isn't looking for it until the team is winning.

I know lots, lots of casual baseball fans. Most of them can't tell you who Gurriel or Biggio are, let alone what Kloff or Kay or Zeuch or doing.

^ for sure. the byproduct of social media and the internet boom is marked primarily IMO by the incredible rise of fans who don't know nearly as much as they think they do.

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    ^ for sure. the byproduct of social media and the internet boom is marked primarily IMO by the incredible rise of fans who don't know nearly as much as they think they do.

A few of them managed to find their way to this forum unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    A few of them managed to find their way to this forum unfortunately.
    Zing.

Iíd say weíre all pretty knowledgeable about whatís going on with the team tho. Just different opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Zing.

Iíd say weíre all pretty knowledgeable about whatís going on with the team tho. Just different opinions.
    I wasn't talking about you. You've been here a while. You just don't know what facts are.
    Facts can be hypothetical.

Zing.

For sure. Common goal though.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    I wasn't talking about you. You've been here a while. You just don't know what facts are.
    Dude.

For example - it would have saved a lot of headaches and pointless media coverage if Mich Marner signed his extension at the beginning of the offseason.

Thatís a fact just the same as the fact that Pearson was available at pick 24.

Dude.

For example - it would have saved a lot of headaches and pointless media coverage if Mich Marner signed his extension at the beginning of the offseason.

Thatís a fact just the same as the fact that Pearson was available at pick 24.
    No. No they can't.

Your first example speaks in generalities. I agree with what you're saying but something needs to happen for it to be considered a fact. Pearson being available at 24 is a fact. Pearson being picked at 24 isn't a fact. Just because something could happen doesn't mean it's going to and in the situation of Pearson being picked at 24 it didn't happen. Just because you think they would've picked him at 24 had they not received the comp pick doesn't make it a fact. Saying something could've happened is a fact just doesn't make sense. It'd be like answering a yes or no question with "definitely maybe".

Glad Braves lost. Hated to see AA win after skipping out on us

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie View Post
    Mhmmm!

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie View Post
    Thatís petty.

I hope he wins all the championships until we start winning them lol.

I actually prefer he doesnít win until he has really put his stamp on the team. I just donít see them there yet. Maybe next year Iíll feel more like that.

Page 88 of 89 FirstFirst ... 387886878889 LastLast