Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 82 of 82 FirstFirst ... 3272808182
Results 1,216 to 1,219 of 1219
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    If you are building internally then the next wave is maturing as your core exits its prime, and those guys are not yet being paid what they are worth.

The way you are advocating seems *** backward to me. If you are overpaying guys to supplement your core than you cant afford to pay your core guys when the time comes.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    Which is the problem Boston has now. Canít afford to pay Betts because of Price, Sale and Martinez.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    Yeah, but I think those are going to be the guys one tier above a Jaime Garcia. Guys who will top out as a number three in a good rotation at best.
    Would you consider Alex Wood in that category? I think he's a realistic target. Granted his numbers this year are terrible but he's been dealing with injuries.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    Which is the problem Boston has now. Canít afford to pay Betts because of Price, Sale and Martinez.
    Yup, can't be shelling out tons of money before you know what you got. I know I realize I'm a bit hypocritical in wanting Gerrit Cole though but that's because he's an ace and I expect this team to be competing in 2021. It's also one player as opposed to Boston throwing money at multiple names like Price, Sale, Porcello, Martinez.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    Would you consider Alex Wood in that category? I think he's a realistic target. Granted his numbers this year are terrible but he's been dealing with injuries.
    He's a tough one. I think he may fit into that category.

I'm thinking Lance Lynn generally. He pitched really well this year, so maybe he is even too much to think about. I just don't think we'll be in on Cole, MadBum or Strausburg.

Page 82 of 82 FirstFirst ... 3272808182