Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 62 of 62 FirstFirst ... 1252606162
    Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    We can agree to disagree, but I think that bat is far to valuable to risk injury with him playing an important position in the field.
    Not only that but he's actually not that good at 3B. A step above terrible if we're being honest.

Quote Originally Posted by hanton View Post
    That's a fairer point but don't base it on what happened today. A few things to note,

His arm is better than advertised IMO, it was rated a 55 but looks more like a 60 grade to me so moving him to 1st takes away a bit (no alot) from the left side of the infield.

Some players feed off their D, he strikes me as a player that feeds off making great plays in the field.

His oblique injury earlier this season was due to a swing and not caused by anything in the field.
    I've vocalized he shouldn't be playing 3B long-term for a while now. What happened yesterday just validates my fears. I agree he has a great arm. It would be unfortunate not to utilize it, but a man his size is too big an injury risk at 3rd IMO.

Add in that they're really playing on cement, that doesn't help.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    Was it batting glove or fielding glove?

I read somewhere that as of 2014 they’re allowed to have pine tar up to 18” high on the bat. Rules may have changed since then. My thinking was that if it was on his batting glove, he may have been applying it to his bat.

It was his fielding glove .. he dabbed the bat pine tar in it several times .

Quote Originally Posted by 1hardcore View Post
    It was his fielding glove .. he dabbed the bat pine tar in it several times .
    Okay, then I really don't know about that, but take a google look at his father's helmet. It used to be caked in it lol.

Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    The Vlad injury is a good example why he should be playing 1B/DH starting next year
    I thought the reason he sat out last Sunday was to avoid this exact thing!!

Page 62 of 62 FirstFirst ... 1252606162