Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 82 of 89 FirstFirst ... 32728081828384 ... LastLast
Results 1,216 to 1,230 of 1330
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    If you are building internally then the next wave is maturing as your core exits its prime, and those guys are not yet being paid what they are worth.

The way you are advocating seems *** backward to me. If you are overpaying guys to supplement your core than you cant afford to pay your core guys when the time comes.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    Which is the problem Boston has now. Cant afford to pay Betts because of Price, Sale and Martinez.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    Yeah, but I think those are going to be the guys one tier above a Jaime Garcia. Guys who will top out as a number three in a good rotation at best.
    Would you consider Alex Wood in that category? I think he's a realistic target. Granted his numbers this year are terrible but he's been dealing with injuries.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

Which is the problem Boston has now. Cant afford to pay Betts because of Price, Sale and Martinez.
    Yup, can't be shelling out tons of money before you know what you got. I know I realize I'm a bit hypocritical in wanting Gerrit Cole though but that's because he's an ace and I expect this team to be competing in 2021. It's also one player as opposed to Boston throwing money at multiple names like Price, Sale, Porcello, Martinez.
    Facts can be hypothetical.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    Would you consider Alex Wood in that category? I think he's a realistic target. Granted his numbers this year are terrible but he's been dealing with injuries.
    He's a tough one. I think he may fit into that category.

I'm thinking Lance Lynn generally. He pitched really well this year, so maybe he is even too much to think about. I just don't think we'll be in on Cole, MadBum or Strausburg.

He's a tough one. I think he may fit into that category.

I'm thinking Lance Lynn generally. He pitched really well this year, so maybe he is even too much to think about. I just don't think we'll be in on Cole, MadBum or Strausburg.
    I can understand Lance Lynn if theyre sticking with the strategy youre talking about. I dont think theyll go after him though considering hes 32. Im feeling very optimistic about this team heading into the off-season. Atkins said in an earlier interview that September would determine how they act in the off-season. The top 4 bats in the order (especially Biggio as of late) have all been making a case for them to actually start adding real help to the roster. The rotation specifically. Grichuks little hot streak is helping too.

Cole or MadBum are the pipe dream but I see Alex Wood as a more realistic target. Granted hes no ace and wont lead us to the promised land but signing a pitcher of his calibre would be a big boost for this team. If they go out and sign a pitcher like that and Borucki is healthy for ST then I think an increase of 15-20 wins next year wont be out of the question.

You and Jamie have a point. But you just need to be smart about it.

Zeuch working nicely at the very bottom of the zone - strikes out the side. Glad the FO recognized their mistake for using an opener the last time out. Now is the time to see what you got especially against a good lineup.

and bye bye Boone...looks like 2 Yankee coaches just got ejected.

Bichette and Vladdy Jr I could see. Gurriel and Biggio maybe a little more down the road. Speaking of Biggio it looks like hes adapting to MLB pitching.

Last 7 .462/.576/.923
    Last 15 .365/.507/.769

The top 4 of our batting lineup will be able to hang with almost anyone in the majors next year. Plenty to be excited about on the horizon.
    I've been watching his games. He's got 114 SO this year, but alot of them were at least 1 to 2 inches outside and off the plate and for some reason the umps call it a strike. Now he's learning hitting the ball the other way ! He ain 't no free swinger by any means .
    Last edited by 1hardcore; 09-21-2019 at 01:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderdan22 View Post
    So you're the GM of the other team and Shatkins comes calling. "Hi, we would like to trade you for a TORP with control." Where do you think that GM will begin with his asking price?
    Probably start high as any good GM should do. Well see whos in the farm when the time comes though. Who knows what it looks like and who steps up by then.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderdan22 View Post
    So you're the GM of the other team and Shatkins comes calling. "Hi, we would like to trade you for a TORP with control." Where do you think that GM will begin with his asking price?
    Nate Pearson

Quote Originally Posted by pebloemer View Post
    Nate Pearson
    Or grosh + kloff.

Or grosh + kloff.
    I dont think that would cut it. Yoan Moncada and Eloy Jimenez were the centrepiece in the Sale and Quintana trades respectively. Yoan Moncada was the #1 prospect in baseball at the time and I think Jimenez was in the top 10. If Groshans progresses then he could definitely be the centrepiece in a deal but at the time being Id say no.

I dont think that would cut it. Yoan Moncada and Eloy Jimenez were the centrepiece in the Sale and Quintana trades respectively. Yoan Moncada was the #1 prospect in baseball at the time and I think Jimenez was in the top 10. If Groshans progresses then he could definitely be the centrepiece in a deal but at the time being Id say no.
    Yeah Im packaging them both as co-centre pieces.

I think we could land a stroman type as that package is similar to the one we got back for him.

Yeah Im packaging them both as co-centre pieces.

I think we could land a stroman type as that package is similar to the one we got back for him.
    Agreed that would be able to get a Stroman like pitcher. Id rather see what weve got in them though. Particularly Groshans.

Agreed that would be able to get a Stroman like pitcher. Id rather see what weve got in them though. Particularly Groshans.
    I agree with this. I'm not happy with our collection of young position players yet. I'd actually love to see us draft another with our high pick in the coming draft. We don't have enough at the MLB level to start trading our top prospects yet. MLB team should be improved through free agency and internal development at this point

Page 82 of 89 FirstFirst ... 32728081828384 ... LastLast