Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 56 of 63 FirstFirst ... 6465455565758 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by LechWalesa View Post
    I guess there's no reason to worry about galvis anymore. Who backs up Bo now?
    Drury. I think heís solidified himself as the new Ryan Goins/Darwin Barney of this team.

Quote Originally Posted by LechWalesa View Post
    I guess there's no reason to worry about galvis anymore. Who backs up Bo now?
    Quote Originally Posted by hanton View Post
    You have to make it 19 days and then bring up Urena to finish it off

Ramirez looks like ideal opener. Type of guy who can pitch an inning decent. Maybe an inning and a third, rare time 2 innings. Then bring in a long reliever. A 4A type pitcher. Who doesn't have to face the meat of the order until 3rd or 4th inning. Makes him a notch better. Pitches 5 innings, faces bottom of the order twice, other teams best bats once. Then we are into 6 or 7th inning and only gave up 3 runs. Eat up a lot of decent innings. Not good innings but decent.

Against a stacked team like Yankees won't work. But average MLB teams usually has weak spots in their batting order gives better odds of winning.
    Last edited by Robbie; 08-13-2019 at 02:34 AM.

What a game that was.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    What a game that was.
    You add couple of veteran hitters to this line up and the offense will be scary. Like a J.D. Martinez or Osuna would look good in this line up.

Quote Originally Posted by killersweet View Post
    You add couple of veteran hitters to this line up and the offense will be scary. Like a J.D. Martinez or Osuna would look good in this line up.
    The problem is there is no clear plan and for sure there is no plan to get us back into the post season. Shed salary and add depth pieces is there thing. Atkins called the Mets and offered Stroman for kay and srw - Mets said ok. They also target players no one else wants, Grichuk, McKinney, Drury, Fisher ...

Trading away Stroman and Sanchez for bottom of the rotation pitcher, a no glove no bat outfielder and an 18 year old possible stud that 3 years away if not more if they play the service time game again.

There are many other problems but those are the glaring and most recent ones. It's really too bad because had they added in the off-season we could actually be in contention (Shoemaker, Richards and Buch is not adding). Wrap your head around that.

Quote Originally Posted by killersweet View Post
    Yeah. The offence shows enough to me that they should be looking to add soon.

The problem is there is no clear plan and for sure there is no plan to get us back into the post season. Shed salary and add depth pieces is there thing. Atkins called the Mets and offered Stroman for kay and srw - Mets said ok. They also target players no one else wants, Grichuk, McKinney, Drury, Fisher ...

Trading away Stroman and Sanchez for bottom of the rotation pitcher, a no glove no bat outfielder and an 18 year old possible stud that 3 years away if not more if they play the service time game again.

There are many other problems but those are the glaring and most recent ones. It's really too bad because had they added in the off-season we could actually be in contention (Shoemaker, Richards and Buch is not adding). Wrap your head around that.

They came out last week and said the plan is make the playoffs no later than 2021. I donít know how more direct they can make the plan or goal.

They came out last week and said the plan is make the playoffs no later than 2021. I donít know how more direct they can make the plan or goal.
    I don't think so - I remember reading somewhere they were actually giving mixed messages. Regardless, we are at the end of 2019 and they announce a plan now to make the post season in 2021 and you trade 2 of your stud pitchers. I call bull ****

I don't think so - I remember reading somewhere they were actually giving mixed messages. Regardless, we are at the end of 2019 and they announce a plan now to make the post season in 2021 and you trade 2 of your stud pitchers. I call bull ****
    Stud? Sanchez was one of if not the worst starter in the MLB prior to being traded. Maybe there's more to this "clubhouse culture" than we know. Sanchez looks like a stud since being dealt yet the Jays are 8-5 since the TDL with less of a bullpen and rotation.

Was that Shapiro or Atkins? When Madani interviewed Atkins he said 2 or 3 years with no definitive answer. Last I heard from Shapiro was asap.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    Stud? Sanchez was one of if not the worst starter in the MLB prior to being traded. Maybe there's more to this "clubhouse culture" than we know. Sanchez looks like a stud since being dealt yet the Jays are 8-5 since the TDL with less of a bullpen and rotation.
    ok not stud but elite arm

If you don't want to listen to the whole thing the culture talk starts at 4:00....Shapiro gets defensive

Culture

ok not stud but elite arm

If you don't want to listen to the whole thing the culture talk starts at 4:00....Shapiro gets defensive

Culture
    Dude, Sanchez was horrible prior to being traded. Not even close to elite.

He definitely deflects the culture talk. I think he hints at what he wants in the beginning though. When he talks about identity and how everyone at every level understands what that looks like. Look at who got contract offers and who got traded/released/paid to go away. Donaldson, Tulo, Stroman, Sanchez all hot heads and all discarded. Edwin got 4 years 80 million. Yes I know Jose got a contract offer but he was the backup to EE which ended up being a huge L.

Rowdy got the call!

The Jays have won 3 of their last 4 games. In all 3 wins Montoyo went with the opener.

Page 56 of 63 FirstFirst ... 6465455565758 ... LastLast