Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 89 1231151 ... LastLast

2019 Blue Jays Regular Season/Game Thread

Game 1 Thursday March 28
    Zimmermann vs Stroman

(according to DET TV Zimmermann is most likely to get the start on Thursday)

Watching the Brewers this week; I get the impression we could very end up like them. Build a strong farm, keep what we want in the Aguilar, Burns, Hader, Woodruff, Peralta types. Trade the others for a Yelich, sign a Cain, Chacin.

Last edited by mike_noodles; 03-27-2019 at 08:13 PM. Reason: Moved

I think that last year really was the low point for this team. If everything goes according to plan the only infielders who won't qualify for rookie status this year are Gurriel and Smoak.

3B: Vlad Jr
    SS: Bichette
    2B: Gurriel
    1B: Smoak
    C: Jansen
    DH/1B: Tellez

There's a lot to be excited about with this team if you completely ignore the pitching.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    I think that last year really was the low point for this team. If everything goes according to plan the only infielders who won't qualify for rookie status this year are Gurriel and Smoak.

3B: Vlad Jr
    SS: Bichette
    2B: Gurriel
    1B: Smoak
    C: Jansen
    DH/1B: Tellez

There's a lot to be excited about with this team if you completely ignore the pitching.
    They're talking about Biggio playing 2B by the end of the year a lot on the radio these days and Gurriel being a Marwin Gonzalez type util. Tellez as everyday 1B before the end of the year, would put our average infield age to 22. Whether or not this group will ever do anything or not, who knows? But it's already getting exciting for me.

I think if this team comes together quicker than expected, you will see a real effort to re-sign Sanchez and/or Stroman.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    They're talking about Biggio playing 2B by the end of the year a lot on the radio these days and Gurriel being a Marwin Gonzalez type util. Tellez as everyday 1B before the end of the year, would put our average infield age to 22. Whether or not this group will ever do anything or not, who knows? But it's already getting exciting for me.

I think if this team comes together quicker than expected, you will see a real effort to re-sign Sanchez and/or Stroman.
    I get that Biggio is a 2B but all this talk of Gurriel being a super utility guy makes no sense. He doesnít play well at any position really. Iíd like to see him settle in at one position and get some consistent reps. If Biggio forces the clubs hand then thatís a good problem to have I guess.

I agree on the Sanchez and Stroman bit. If Sanchez finds a comfortable grip for his curve then heís my priority. Sanchezís game hinges completely on his curveball and if he can throw it for strikes. If things go REALLY well then we may even be able to throw another 2 years at Smoak.

I don't care if we are going to suck this year. I'm just ready for some legit baseball

I get that Biggio is a 2B but all this talk of Gurriel being a super utility guy makes no sense. He doesnít play well at any position really. Iíd like to see him settle in at one position and get some consistent reps. If Biggio forces the clubs hand then thatís a good problem to have I guess.

I agree on the Sanchez and Stroman bit. If Sanchez finds a comfortable grip for his curve then heís my priority. Sanchezís game hinges completely on his curveball and if he can throw it for strikes. If things go REALLY well then we may even be able to throw another 2 years at Smoak.
    I agree about Gurriel, I think some consistency in playing time at one spot would do a lot for him. He's shown that his bat can stick.

Happy opening day ladies and fellas.

Tellez is the starting DH today. Looks like he did get the call after all?

Gotta feel bad for Stroman today. He spun a gem.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

The thing with the jays is one side of the ball always surprises and one side flops. When we think they'll be a slugging team, the hitting sucks and the pitching comes out of nowhere. Then we go into next season banking on the pitching, and it flops but the hitting is outstanding. It's putting it all together that is the challenge for this club.

Calling it now - the pitching will be great this season. The hitting.... Not so much.

I don't think we could have asked for a better matchup opening series. Tigers suck, we couldn't deliver. Hudson and his lazy 89 MPH slider down the pipe.

Tellez is the starting DH today. Looks like he did get the call after all?
    They had Atkins on Tim and Sid yesterday and he said it had to Alford was an option before the trade for roster flexibility, which really doesn't make any sense unless they were going to send one of the pitchers down or maybe there was another trade in the works.

Either way I'm happy for Tellez, he's earned it.

Maybe they almost traded Pillar too/instead? Only thing I can think of that would have caused the need for Alford.

I don't understand how Biagini or Giles didn't get to throw more than one inning. Each of them breezed through their inning. I can only imagine how much Zaun would have destroyed Danny Jansen for calling a slider in that situation if he was still on the broadcast team. What a terrible pitch call to a lefty. The guy throws 96/97 , you throw it up or down and away and the inning is likely over..

Chong...I think this team will be lucky if either side of the ball is good this year. The pitching was great yesterday, but we are also playing a pretty terrible Tigers team.

Page 1 of 89 1231151 ... LastLast