Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 46 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    I've never had qdoba. Living in Central Texas you can't take queso lightly. They are very serious about it here. When I didn't live here I didn't understand

What about Freebird vs Qdoba?
    Never had Freebird or even heard of it.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Never had Freebird or even heard of it.
    I did a little googling and many seem to think it's better than the other two. Of course good Mexican food from a taqueria is always better than the fast food versions.

Just ate some Irish tacos

Local greasy taco joint - one al pastor, one carne asada, one chorizo.

So good.

I like Qdoba better to be honest. Itís their queso dip that is far superior to Chipotle. I also get the burrito bowl because you get more food that way. But Iím definitely a chicken meat guy. The steak is just extra pricing for no real difference.
    Born and raised in Denver metro so I am likely the only poster in the politics forum that has been eating both since their conception as both are Denver originating companies. I was at Chipotle store #1 within days of it's opening and have been an addict since. That place had a line around it for hours lunch and dinner. Qdoba was started by an ex Chipotle employee.

I like Qdoba (Zumas was it's original name until they expanded outside of Colorado. Ztecha was their 2nd name) and agree that their queso is much better than Chipotle's. But I don't get queso when I go to either, but my wife does. Imo the difference between the two are the seasonings they use on the chicken and the flavor of the salsa's. And Chipotle kicks Qdobas *** in both of those departments. Also not a big fan of the price increase at Qdoba which they claim allows you to add queso free. Your burrito costs the same with or without it.

Anyway, if you want to learn about a financial success story, read about Steve Ells.
    GJO- You will never be forgotten. "MORE THAN MINFINITY"!

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    I did a little googling and many seem to think it's better than the other two. Of course good Mexican food from a taqueria is always better than the fast food versions.
    They're taste buds are sour. I've been to Freebird once. And only once for a reason. Same as Moe's.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncsinmo View Post
    Born and raised in Denver metro so I am likely the only poster in the politics forum that has been eating both since their conception as both are Denver originating companies. I was at Chipotle store #1 within days of it's opening and have been an addict since. That place had a line around it for hours lunch and dinner. Qdoba was started by an ex Chipotle employee.

I like Qdoba (Zumas was it's original name until they expanded outside of Colorado. Ztecha was their 2nd name) and agree that their queso is much better than Chipotle's. But I don't get queso when I go to either, but my wife does. Imo the difference between the two are the seasonings they use on the chicken and the flavor of the salsa's. And Chipotle kicks Qdobas *** in both of those departments. Also not a big fan of the price increase at Qdoba which they claim allows you to add queso free. Your burrito costs the same with or without it.

Anyway, if you want to learn about a financial success story, read about Steve Ells.
    At work, there is a Chipotle across the street from a Qdoba and the Chipotle ALWAYS has a line out the door. Itís the reason that I started going to Qdoba.

Is it a book or just regular business journals?

At work, there is a Chipotle across the street from a Qdoba and the Chipotle ALWAYS has a line out the door. Itís the reason that I started going to Qdoba.

Is it a book or just regular business journals?
    Highly doubt there's a book on him but he's the originator of Chipotle. Went from making a burrito for a buddy to an extremely wealthy man.

Even strong armed McD when they purchased Chiptole. And manipluted them when he bought it back after they opened 5000 plus stores.

Chipotle

Chicken burrito w/ brown rice, black beans, extra chicken, corn salsa, hot salsa and cheese.
    The most generic and whitewashed of Mexi foods! I used to eat it due to quick, cheap convenience near a job I had but outside of that: no thank you.

PSD: Where the moderators consistently cave to crybaby tattletales and it's a lot safer to be openly racist, hateful, and ignorant than to be a little rude to the racist, hateful, and ignorant

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    The most generic and whitewashed of Mexi foods! I used to eat it due to quick, cheap convenience near a job I had but outside of that: no thank you.
    How are you wrong about everything?

Highly doubt there's a book on him but he's the originator of Chipotle. Went from making a burrito for a buddy to an extremely wealthy man.

Even strong armed McD when they purchased Chiptole. And manipluted them when he bought it back after they opened 5000 plus stores.
    I don't know, they right books about that stuff all the time.
    Prior to 11/1/19: if you were on my ignore list, I was sticking to ignoring you thanks to great advise.
    From 11/1/19 on: I will no longer be responding to comments back to people on my ignore list.
    _____

Think long and hard about why you respond to nonsense. Please!

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    You are literally on an island all by yourself if you think that. Everyone loves Chipotle and they actually have very high quality standards. Are you sure you have tatse buds?

Quote Originally Posted by debo View Post
    Local greasy taco joint - one al pastor, one carne asada, one chorizo.

So good.
    I went with the Chile Verde. It's tough having 2 people in my family for whom black pepper is "spicy" ... it effectively eliminates some restaurants for me.

They're taste buds are sour. I've been to Freebird once. And only once for a reason. Same as Moe's.
    Yeah, the first one I went to was disgusting. Then years later in another state had to eat at one for a school event and it was much better than Chipotle ever was. So I suspect location matters more with them than the other chains.

Quote Originally Posted by Walter_White View Post
    How are you wrong about everything?
    Chipotle is whitewashed mexican food. I don't think even the boss of Chipotle would say otherwise. Not that they are "bad" but it is not "true" mexican food.

Page 2 of 46 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast