Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Another wasted year

Another year, another wasted season, Another coach and GM, same results. Perhaps Kane and O'reily weren't the Diva's making the youngsters struggle after all. They have no heart. It's a shame too, because this page was booming before they went on their three year tank campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by sabres11 View Post
    Another year, another wasted season, Another coach and GM, same results. Perhaps Kane and O'reily weren't the Diva's making the youngsters struggle after all. They have no heart. It's a shame too, because this page was booming before they went on their three year tank campaign.
    I just don't think they are as talented as many wanted to think. If you look at the Sabres as a team right now, how many games this year did Eichel, Reinhart, Skinner, Dahlin, and/or Risto. NOT score or have a point in a particular game? When you look at the Sabres right now, the only ones guaranteed a spot next year should be Eichel, Reinhart, Skinner (If re-signed), Dahlin, Risto., Montour, Mittlestadt, and maybe one or two more. The rest you could ship off somewhere.

I look at guys like Sobotka, Scandella, Larsson, Girgensons, Pominville, and you can't tell me there isn't someone in Rochester that can do what these guys do for 1/10th the salary.

And don't even get me started on Ullmark and Hutton in goal.
    Eichel Tower

I donít think that Kane and RoR were the divas they were made out to be. I think they lost passion for playing for this team because of the idiot comments our ďfansĒ make. Another case in point is Lehner. He leaves us and look at his production now. In regards to the other guys you mentioned I have no problem with 28 and 22 because they do really well on the PK and they play hard. The guy that pisses me off is Okposo because he is paid like a point producer and produces no points.

Quote Originally Posted by jgood17 View Post
    I donít think that Kane and RoR were the divas they were made out to be. I think they lost passion for playing for this team because of the idiot comments our ďfansĒ make. Another case in point is Lehner. He leaves us and look at his production now. In regards to the other guys you mentioned I have no problem with 28 and 22 because they do really well on the PK and they play hard. The guy that pisses me off is Okposo because he is paid like a point producer and produces no points.
    I agree with you on Okposo; if Botts could dump him now he would! I think if you are a fan of the Sabres, you are expecting a lot more than what you are getting. Look at Carolina; they go from the #2 overall pick in the lottery to likely playoff team.

Plus, how long has it been since the Sabres have been to the playoffs in the NHL, a sport where quite frankly if you don't make it, you stink?
    Eichel Tower

The only way to get away from Okposo would be to pay him forever. Nobody is going to trade for him. The only thing we can hope is that when Seattle comes in we can sway them into taking his contract to get them toward their min cap space. I donít know what that will cost us though.
    Last edited by jgood17; 04-02-2019 at 09:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jgood17 View Post
    The only way to get away from Okposo would be to pay him forever. Nobody is going to trade for him. The only thing we can hope is that when Seattle comes in we can sway them into taking his contract to get them toward their min cap space. I donít know what that will cost us though.
    Probably more than the Sabres want!
    Eichel Tower