Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    I thought it was hilarious lol

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    I also thought that scene was funny. I really enjoyed it. I enjoyed the whole season for that matter. The russian base thing was a little whatever, but who cares. It was a really fun season in general. Love this show.

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    I thought it was hilarious lol

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    I thought it was dumb as ****, but yet bit funny.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    I thought it was dumb as ****, but yet bit funny.

I think thatís why it was hilarious

Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

This season was better than the last one. Dustin, Steve, and El were the MVP's. I found myself not really digging many of Joyce and Hopper's scenes. Erica was definitely the lamest character; did not enjoy her getting such a large role this time around.

Started pretty slow/not especially interesting but picked up steam by episode 4. I'd give it something like an 8.5/10 overall. I wonder what they'll do next season.

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

By the last episode I was embarrassed that I watched this steaming pile of manure and I'd like to kick the Doofus Bros in the twinkies. Stranger things tanked even faster than TWD. S1 was great. S2 was entertaining mostly. S3 killed the franchise for me.
    ďIt is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, at least fails while daring greatly.Ē -- Teddy Roosevelt

Lofl

Spoilers ahead!!

Itís pretty evident that hop is not dead if you watch the after credit scenes.

The Russians that escaped took him back to the USSR.

I wouldn't assume he's dead but I don't think it's a given that he's the American mentioned in the credit sequence. I could see him being in the upside down or time traveling or something as well. The writers likely don't even know yet and it might depend on how much Harbour wants to get paid.

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    I wouldn't assume he's dead but I don't think it's a given that he's the American mentioned in the credit sequence. I could see him being in the upside down or time traveling or something as well. The writers likely don't even know yet and it might depend on how much Harbour wants to get paid.
    I assumed he might be too busy now that he's playing Hellboy, but who knows. I like Hopper, but I think the show can survive if he's gone. It's really about the kids more than anything.

Anyway, I liked the season. It's the 2nd best of the 3 seasons for me. Probably a solid 8/10. Looking forward to the next one, guessing it'll be a while before it's released... been about a year and a half between each season, so maybe October 2020 for season 4?

I'd guess Thanksgiving/Christmas 2020 based on the conversation between Mike and El towards the end of the finale. Hopper's fate was likely left up in the air just in case he became too expensive or busy for Stranger Things. Hellboy bombing makes it way more likely he comes back.

It was amazing, can't wait for the 4th season.

Overall I was mostly satisfied with the season, but I would probably rank it behind the first two seasons. The ending was fantastic, but I think it was a bit weaker in the middle. While I was rooting for Joyce/Hopper in the first two seasons, I didn't really like the writing for their characters this year. I thought having them act more immature than the kids was really out of character for both of them. Erica got way too big of a role IMO and I found 95% of her scenes to be annoying. Cary Elwes' character was completely underwhelming as well, which is disappointing because you would have thought they would have had something better for him. Everything else was a pretty solid and the ending is a high point for the series, but there were more things I disliked about this season than the first two. That said I think they set next season up perfectly and I'm very much looking forward to Stranger Things 4.

Looking ahead, I think Hopper is almost certainly the American in the Russian cell, as the Russian Terminator dude referred to him as "The American" when they found the corpses of the Russian soldiers underneath the mall. As to how he got out, perhaps he ended up in the Upside Down and was found by the Russians. Them having a Demogorgon probably means they have access to the Upside Down, so it's possible they found Hopper in there and took him.

Another thing I would like is for the show to skip ahead several years next season. The show's timeline for the first three seasons has been about 19 months, with season one taking place November/December 1983 and season three taking place June/July 1985. The kids all look like they've aged more than 19 months since the show premiered anyway, and it's going to be presumably another 12-18 months before the show returns. The kids will all be around 17-18 IRL when next season drops so it makes since to make their characters' age similar. I also think a time jump makes perfect since for where things left off; the Byers moving away from Hawkins, El losing her powers and going with they Byers, Billy's death, and Hopper's disappearance. Maybe we could pick up again on the eve of the 90's, possibly November/December 1989. Six years after the events of season one and near the end of the Cold War. The Cold War started deescalating with the Eastern revolutions of 1989, and officially ended with the fall of the Soviet Union in December 1991. The fall of the Cold War could play a big role in Stranger Things 4.

Lastly, I'm interested to see where they go with El losing her powers. I'm thinking Stranger Things 4 will see the return of Kali (number 008) and possibly expand on that story. Maybe introduce us to more supernatural people, and one of them could know how to help El get her powers back. We'll see, but there are a lot of ways they could take it and I'm not looking forward to a long wait.

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    Dude, that was amazing.

You must be a fan of state fairs and ice cream sundaes huh?
    I remember those days when I was a carni too and memorized the lyrics to Kottonmouth Kings - Suburban Life

Quote Originally Posted by TylerSL View Post
    Overall I was mostly satisfied with the season, but I would probably rank it behind the first two seasons. The ending was fantastic, but I think it was a bit weaker in the middle. While I was rooting for Joyce/Hopper in the first two seasons, I didn't really like the writing for their characters this year. I thought having them act more immature than the kids was really out of character for both of them. Erica got way too big of a role IMO and I found 95% of her scenes to be annoying. Cary Elwes' character was completely underwhelming as well, which is disappointing because you would have thought they would have had something better for him. Everything else was a pretty solid and the ending is a high point for the series, but there were more things I disliked about this season than the first two. That said I think they set next season up perfectly and I'm very much looking forward to Stranger Things 4.

Looking ahead, I think Hopper is almost certainly the American in the Russian cell, as the Russian Terminator dude referred to him as "The American" when they found the corpses of the Russian soldiers underneath the mall. As to how he got out, perhaps he ended up in the Upside Down and was found by the Russians. Them having a Demogorgon probably means they have access to the Upside Down, so it's possible they found Hopper in there and took him.

Another thing I would like is for the show to skip ahead several years next season. The show's timeline for the first three seasons has been about 19 months, with season one taking place November/December 1983 and season three taking place June/July 1985. The kids all look like they've aged more than 19 months since the show premiered anyway, and it's going to be presumably another 12-18 months before the show returns. The kids will all be around 17-18 IRL when next season drops so it makes since to make their characters' age similar. I also think a time jump makes perfect since for where things left off; the Byers moving away from Hawkins, El losing her powers and going with they Byers, Billy's death, and Hopper's disappearance. Maybe we could pick up again on the eve of the 90's, possibly November/December 1989. Six years after the events of season one and near the end of the Cold War. The Cold War started deescalating with the Eastern revolutions of 1989, and officially ended with the fall of the Soviet Union in December 1991. The fall of the Cold War could play a big role in Stranger Things 4.

Lastly, I'm interested to see where they go with El losing her powers. I'm thinking Stranger Things 4 will see the return of Kali (number 008) and possibly expand on that story. Maybe introduce us to more supernatural people, and one of them could know how to help El get her powers back. We'll see, but there are a lot of ways they could take it and I'm not looking forward to a long wait.
    Wow. You put ALOT of thought into this post. Good job bro
    Last thing we need is for you to wait for another Netflix show holy Christ

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    they wouldnt have put him in fortnite if he was dead : )

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast