Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiderLakersA's View Post
    Let's face it: flags will fly with this guy on the field. But hopefully, he stays healthy and contributes more often than not. It's just a one year deal, but $5M is still quite a bit of money to pay a guy who can't/doesn't deliver.
    It seems that the contract is actually more favorable than that. It is up to $5M if he hits his incentives.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.si....iders-contract

Great move. 28 and knows the complex D inside out. Can be an all down LB with Whitehead or we can use him situationally depending on where he's at. If he's lost anything can be easily cut no cost before day 1 of season. Its all on him to prove it. For those complaining about flags we get them most weeks anyway so why not earn a few of them..for real

Please make the first one on Mahomo really count..and the second on that imaginary buckeroo Kelce...

This defense has played without energy, without passion. Now we have talent, some developed (Joseph, Key, Conley, Hurst), some new comers (Joyner) - but now we have energy and passion. I hope Burfict teaches Joseph a thing or too.

My man Ike got a bad rap

I remember quite a few guys on this forum were high on Burfict coming out of school, as long as there’s a bit of discipline on his part so he can stay in the game I like this move...
    The Second protects the First, always has and always will...

Funny, How can you say have you watched him play football... He's played 100s of snaps. And your talking about 1 or 2 plays against the Steelers... The Steelers are a dirty team. Tomlin is a *****, Taking cheap shots on them is just returning the favor... Did he make a mistake in a crucial situation yes.... But, Believe me this team needs this guy... We need his personality to rub off on the rest of the defense.

I would love to see them team him up with Marshall

If they could get Marshall to play inside and Houston to help on the Edge, Not as a LB, play Burfict at SAM and draft Allen or WIlliams... I think our defense could be really good, like special good.

He could very well turn out to be another Perry Riley Jr or a NaVarro Bowman. They come here and play well for one year and then retire. The question is how do we use both him and Whitehead on the field? Neither one of them excels in pass coverage. I had my heart on us drafting Josh Allen to play the SAM.

I like this signing and it is a good contract. I wanted Burfict when he came out of college, but I will take him now. This guy can really lay the wood, hits like a truck. We haven't had that since...forever it seems. I like it a lot. Now sign another. I don't think this will affect the way we draft either.

"...prone to stoogery.".

Quote Originally Posted by erickench View Post
    He could very well turn out to be another Perry Riley Jr or a NaVarro Bowman. They come here and play well for one year and then retire. The question is how do we use both him and Whitehead on the field? Neither one of them excels in pass coverage. I had my heart on us drafting Josh Allen to play the SAM.
    Retire? Didn't we NOT resign them?

"...prone to stoogery.".

One year deal I can get behind that. VB is going to be a black hole favorite he really is an old school Raider. Just watched when he was getting in to Gronk, Benett, and Legarrette Blounts head. You never see players from the Patriots lose composure. V.B mind banged all of them!! At least we earn the yellow flags this year. When Kelce starts acting like a cocky mule we got someone who will turn it into a street fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Switch View Post
    Can't believe we signed this fool

Gruden better keep him in check
    This fool has had a season where he had 171 tackles. Name one other fool in raiders history that has had a 171 tackles in one season. Or even 126?

He brings nasty to a team that needs some nasty.

Quote Originally Posted by corralski View Post
    I remember quite a few guys on this forum were high on Burfict coming out of school, as long as there’s a bit of discipline on his part so he can stay in the game I like this move...
    That was me. I wanted to burn a 7th round pick on him and I was told I was crazy. He then had a 126 tackle year and a 171 tackle year and was a pro bowler. I am happy. If he is healthy he is worth the money. He loves him some guenther

Quote Originally Posted by Megatron View Post
    This fool has had a season where he had 171 tackles. Name one other fool in raiders history that has had a 171 tackles in one season. Or even 126?

He brings nasty to a team that needs some nasty.
    Vontaze is the anti-Carr. Also you'll never see him pull a Marshawn Lynch run on the field to protect someone from the other team. He does fit the Raider persona

I am not sure why people want Whitehead on the field. He is really poor at all things. I am hoping we replace him.

to put some statistics to this. Last season he graded out as a 56.3 which was #70 among linebackers.

He doesnt generate pressure and cant catch. But how is his coverage???

There have been 612 instances where an off-ball linebacker has been targeted 20-plus times through the first eight weeks of a season in the PFF era (2006-Present).

#Raiders' Tahir Whitehead's start to 2018 is the only time one has allowed a perfect passer rating (158.3).

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfe-Raider View Post
    Retire? Didn't we NOT resign them?
    Both players never signed on with any team after their final tenure with the Raiders.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast