Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 125 1231151101 ... LastLast

September MLB GDT

Tomorrow morning at 5:35 am EST, the Seattle Mariners and Oakland Athletics kick off their series in Japan to open the 2019 regular season. Projected SP's are Marco Gonzales for the Mariners and Mike Fiers for the Athletics. Ichiro Suzuki, at age 45, will become the 2nd oldest position player in MLB to play in a regular season game, and will be starting both games in the outfield for Seattle.

Why does the league feel the need to play in a different country?? I don't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by thawv View Post
    Why does the league feel the need to play in a different country?? I don't get it.
    Last time they did it like 5 years ago it was a really uneventful way to start the season, but this year is kind of a different story TBH. That crowd was eating it up last night, and was really into it. This is clearly Ichiro's last season, and probably his last 2 games of his career. And people don't realize how big Ichiro is in Japan. He's like their homegrown version of Michael Jordan in their eyes. Dude is a superhero over there. Almost every single player that comes over from Japan calls him their favorite player. I don't know how much money the MLB made, but it was probably ridiculous just for these 2 games.

It sucks that people don't get to watch it because it's on so late/early, but it was actually a really fun to watch game. Made me miss the 90's Mariners. Back when people cheered in Seattle for baseball :P.

Quote Originally Posted by MRSpock View Post
    Last time they did it like 5 years ago it was a really uneventful way to start the season, but this year is kind of a different story TBH. That crowd was eating it up last night, and was really into it. This is clearly Ichiro's last season, and probably his last 2 games of his career. And people don't realize how big Ichiro is in Japan. He's like their homegrown version of Michael Jordan in their eyes. Dude is a superhero over there. Almost every single player that comes over from Japan calls him their favorite player. I don't know how much money the MLB made, but it was probably ridiculous just for these 2 games.

It sucks that people don't get to watch it because it's on so late/early, but it was actually a really fun to watch game. Made me miss the 90's Mariners. Back when people cheered in Seattle for baseball :P.
    There was a series in Puerto Rico (Indians/Twins) and Mexico (Dodgers/Padres) last year. There is going to be a Yankees/Red Sox series in London and Angels/Astros series in Mexico this year. The series 5 years ago was in Sydney, Australia.

I am all for a series or two overseas every year or few years for the fans who want to get an close up experience of the sport but live on another continent.

I don't mind it. Going to wake up to watch tomorrow morning for an hour before I leave for work.
    Yankees, Eagles, Sixers, NYRangers

Obviously by doing this, they are not putting the players on the teams, and fans in America first. I wonder why.

Its cool that they are trying to open the game up to world, but OAK are playing their home games in Japan. Pretty dumb considering the main attraction is Ichiro and the Mariners are obviously the home team here.

Quote Originally Posted by CityofTreez View Post
    Its cool that they are trying to open the game up to world, but OAK are playing their home games in Japan. Pretty dumb considering the main attraction is Ichiro and the Mariners are obviously the home team here.
    I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure last time they did the 2 games against each other for the home opener in the Tokyo Dome, they were considered Mariners home games. I guess they decided it would be fair to switch this time.

I'm kind of surprised they don't just split the games as far as who is home. Even if there are more Mariners fans it's still unfair to call it a homefield advantage when you're still sleeping in a hotel.

Football is my main sport but tomorrow feels so special

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yankees, Eagles, Sixers, NYRangers

harper 6 for 6 with 5 home runs... suck it *****es lololol

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    harper 6 for 6 with 5 home runs... suck it *****es lololol
    For fantasy purposes, I hope so.

i survived yet another winter of meaningless sports to witness another baseball season! I am also one year closer to my death.

It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, at least fails while daring greatly. -- Teddy Roosevelt

Cano & Voit both with home runs early on Opening Day.

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

Yelich with a 3 run hr.

Guy is a stud

Quote Originally Posted by Brewersfan255 View Post
    Yelich with a 3 run hr.

Guy is a stud

Yee. Saw that. Got him on my fantasy team this year too, which should be tight.

"there's no scraps in my scrapbook"

Page 1 of 125 1231151101 ... LastLast